You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Purg473

With The Economic Changes

52 comments in this topic

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,312 battles

Just out of curiosity, since they're changing the credits earned on T10s, where the permanent camo has a significant effect, I wonder if they'll be offering refunds on permanent camo's for those ships affected?

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

[OO7]
Members
5,236 posts
12,041 battles

5% and 10% increases negates the need of perma camos that provide 50% refit reduction?? 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles
50 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Just out of curiosity, since they're changing the credits earned on T10s, where the permanent camo has a significant effect, I wonder if they'll be offering refunds on permanent camo's for those ships affected?

The permanent camo will have the same credit and XP overlays as it did before, but they are operating on different base figures. The permacamo has not been altered in any way, and refunds on them are not appropriate.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,185 posts
14,494 battles

This mindset of "If anything at all ever changes, I want refunds in cash" is not healthy for the community

• Cool 19
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[5BS]
Members
7,625 posts
2 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This mindset of "If anything at all ever changes, I want refunds in cash" is not healthy for the community

I always wonder if these people behave this way in life in general. Like if there's 1 less chip in a cookie do they demand a refund?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,109 posts
5,929 battles
6 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I wonder if they'd lobby for a refund when the servers finally go down?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,527 posts
1 hour ago, Purg473 said:

Please explain your thinking as to why you'd want to return the camos for a refund. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts
27 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This mindset of "I refuse to read the EULA" has always baffled me.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles

Where can I find info on these economy changes just heard about them now 

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

I always wonder if these people behave this way in life in general. Like if there's 1 less chip in a cookie do they demand a refund?

Well, ok, but to continue your imperfect analogy, if you buy said cookie only to have the company that baked it come back and remove a chip after you've purchased and eaten it, then you have a wee bit of a problem. 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,612 posts
34,426 battles

AFAIK, the only tier 10s that are getting a 5% credit reduction are the Conqueror and Republique.

[DOW]
Members
672 posts
3,943 battles

1.thumb.png.11a4138baca5fdb822fbe7f3e8db6963.png

You mean in reference to this change in 0.8.5? I think it's not that significant to have a material impact. It's not like currently people favor Republique and Conqueror at Tier 10 just because they make more credits.

Members
276 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The permanent camo will have the same credit and XP overlays as it did before, but they are operating on different base figures. The permacamo has not been altered in any way, and refunds on them are not appropriate.

Actually, I think they should be refunded, but all the refunds should go to me. 

(Hey, it MIGHT work!)

• Funny 2

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
42 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

Well, ok, but to continue your imperfect analogy, if you buy said cookie only to have the company that baked it come back and remove a chip after you've purchased and eaten it, then you have a wee bit of a problem. 

It's more like if you purchased a lifetime 2-for-1 coupon for cookies, and the cookie company went from a 1kg package to a 950g package.

Now, the cookies themselves may be less of a value, but the coupon you purchased retains 100% of its value, as that value is relative, not absolute. You're still getting 2 packages of cookies for the price of one. If you don't want 950g packages of cookies, you can choose not to purchase them.

I think really what is going on, is that the OP has permacamo on a ship he doesn't play much anymore, and is trying to get permacamo for a new ship, without having to pay for it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,187 posts
4,322 battles
3 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Yup, was talking about this in another thread recently.

Soon we'll see someone demanding refunds because they used $ to fxp for their changed ship.

Thanks "Muh GC crowd".

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,842 posts
6,371 battles
Just now, StoneRhino said:

Yup, was talking about this in another thread recently.

Soon we'll see someone demanding refunds because they used $ to fxp for their changed ship.

Thanks "Muh GC crowd".

You just can’t let that go, can you?

letting some one steal from you is not very smart, but you be you, boo. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

As others have mentioned this is a fairly wide reaching and minor adjustment to numerous ships across various tiers based on performance and data.  We aren't trying to limit how much people are earning (some ships got buffs and the Missouri is still intact!) but are trying to put things in similar places credit/xp performance wise.  Your permanent camos will still provide incredibly beneficial stats that should continue to make them more than worthwhile. 

• Cool 2
  • Angry 2

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
394 posts
4,673 battles

I hope were not all haggling over 10k credits.... 

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
517 posts

So you don't want extra on top of extra? Hmmm.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the change is for the ships not the camos. Hence if I am correct extra for the ship and then a plus for the camo. I'd say win-win .

Or did I get that completely wrong? Did I miss anyinfo. From the blog. ?

[VOP]
Members
387 posts
8,416 battles
34 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

As others have mentioned this is a fairly wide reaching and minor adjustment to numerous ships across various tiers based on performance and data.  We aren't trying to limit how much people are earning (some ships got buffs and the Missouri is still intact!) but are trying to put things in similar places credit/xp performance wise.  Your permanent camos will still provide incredibly beneficial stats that should continue to make them more than worthwhile. 

So, + or - to the average amount of xp or average amount of credits per battle, is that some new Russian math thing or should they hire a better translator?

• Boring 1

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

letting some one steal from you is not very smart....

Sometimes it is, the Cleveland Mafia thought Danny Green was stealing from them, because he was an Irish independent, and they wanted to own the city.

No Mafia in Cleveland you say? 

Exactly.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,527 posts
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

Yeah, I think the move itself is just bizarre, but the perma-camo itself is losing absolutely none of its value or utility. 

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,842 posts
6,371 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Sometimes it is, the Cleveland Mafia thought Danny Green was stealing from them, because he was an Irish independent, and they wanted to own the city.

No Mafia in Cleveland you say? 

Exactly.

So are you trying to detract from my point, or just being clever, or what? 

• Boring 1

[LODGE]
[LODGE]
Members
2,842 posts
6,371 battles
4 hours ago, z9_ said:

This mindset of "I refuse to read the EULA" has always baffled me.

Really? The mindset of, “Take my money, but don’t give me what I paid for” has always baffled me. 

WG can put whatever they want in the EULA, but if they exercise that “right” and paying customers get screwed, then it doesn’t matter what’s in it. There’s nothing in the EULA that can make people stay and spend their money. Trust is fragile. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1