You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Availability of US T9 Premium DD Benham appears to be exclusive to 0.8.5 and the Rogue Wave event.

82 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles

Official source: 

Get her now or not at all is the message. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Are the directives related to the new PVP mode?

Going by the PTS, some of the missions for each directive are completable in normal play while others require the new mode. However, these won't go live until Thursday. Until then, we won't know for sure. Particularly what we will want to know is if it's possible to avoid the weird mode entirely, or only by undertaking significantly more difficult mission tasks. 

Part of my agenda for this patch includes mining elite captain XP working towards my 4th 19-pointer by the end of this year sometime, and the new mode will do that.

1 minute ago, Cobraclutch said:

Well that's lame. 

I made my displeasure clear. Politely but unmistakably.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,481 posts
8,749 battles

"the Hill you will also have the option to purchase for cash but the Benham will not be available outside of the event in 0.8.5."

there are two possible interpretations:

The Benham is available ONLY in 8.5, and ONLY through the event.

or

During 8.5, the Benham will ONLY be available through the event.  After 8.5 it will be available through other means.

I'd guess it's the second one.  Can't believe they'd lock a T9 premium behind a single-patch event forever.  Who knows, though.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,321 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I made my displeasure clear. Politely but unmistakably.

Will this event also coincide with the next clan wars season? 

[WOLFB]
Members
312 posts
6,403 battles

As lame as this outcome is they probably did it to limit its impact on the T9 brackets DD power scaling. (Not that it's in a good place anyway)

Wasn't benham one of the potential best torp boats in the whole game from its initial stats? Have they changed it at all?

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Until I am contradicted by an official source, I favour the worst-case scenario. @Radar_X, please clarify URGENTLY and I will amend the post as and if required. 

[SBS]
Members
4,570 posts
2,408 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

"the Hill you will also have the option to purchase for cash but the Benham will not be available outside of the event in 0.8.5."

or

During 8.5, the Benham will ONLY be available through the event.  After 8.5 it will be available through other means.

I'd guess it's the second one.  Can't believe they'd lock a T9 premium behind a single-patch event forever.  Who knows, though.

I think (hope) you are right.  I don't think WG will let potential sales go to waste. 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,557 posts
5,062 battles
4 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

or

This, sounds more like an "exclusivity" period for 0.8.5  in order to push the lootboxes with the fuel tokens.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,790 posts
12,548 battles

How do you get Fuel Tokens?

• For completing all Directives of the Rogue Wave event—up to 250 tokens.
  • From Daily Shipments—up to 50 tokens.
  • For completing economic missions in Savage Battles—up to 300 tokens.
  • For completing Daily Missions—up to 150 tokens.
  • For completing a special marathon (complete 48 missions out of 50)—100 tokens.

In total, you can earn 850 tokens throughout the Update. Read the news article about combat missions for details. Fuel Tokens can only be earned in Update 0.8.5. With the release of Update 0.8.7, Fuel Tokens will be converted into credits at a rate of 1:2,250.

So if you want the tier 9 for free you are going to need to get at least 250 tokens from the Savage Battle mode. As well as maxing out all of the other methods.

You can also buy crates that will have 15 tokens. So buy it or get it for free or a mixture. 

Cheers.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
3 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Will this event also coincide with the next clan wars season? 

Begins Thursday.

[SBS]
Members
4,570 posts
2,408 battles
11 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

As lame as this outcome is they probably did it to limit its impact on the T9 brackets DD power scaling. (Not that it's in a good place anyway)

Wasn't benham one of the potential best torp boats in the whole game from its initial stats? Have they changed it at all?

T9 DD game play is fairly low, 18% of all T9 games compared to T10 DDs making up over 26% of all T10 games.  The game can use more T9 DD games, another good T9 DD can help with that. 

11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

This, sounds more like an "exclusivity" period for 0.8.5  in order to push the lootboxes with the fuel tokens.

Yeah, I think this is to push lootboxes and the new game mode. 

11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Until I am contradicted by an official source, I favour the worst-case scenario. @Radar_X, please clarify URGENTLY and I will amend the post as and if required. 

I don't think you'll get any conformation.  If they intend to sell the Benhan later then telling us because that will hurt lootbox sales and the amount of people playing the event. 

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,321 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Begins Thursday.

Yea just double checked. Clanwars and rogue wave or going on during the same time. 

:(

[WOLFB]
Members
312 posts
6,403 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

T9 DD game play is fairly low, 18% of all T9 games compared to T10 DDs making up over 26% of all T10 games.  The game can use more T9 DD games, another good T9 DD can help with that. 

True. But i was refering more to the fact that of the selection of T9 DDs most of them are heavily outclassed by a select few.

Be it Fletcher, now Benham, the ocasional Neustrashimi, and especially Kitakaze. Most of the other T9 DDs just feel lacking now a days, they may just be a transition to their T10s but they should at least be fun. Not saying they are outright terrible ships, as i've played plenty of Z46 and Tashkent, can't speak for some of the others sadly. But i do have Kitakaze, and whenever i use it i feel like it's easy mode. But that's just me.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,557 posts
5,062 battles
7 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

True. But i was refering more to the fact that of the selection of T9 DDs most of them are heavily outclassed by a select few.

Be it Fletcher, now Benham, the ocasional Neustrashimi, and especially Kitakaze. Most of the other T9 DDs just feel lacking now a days, they may just be a transition to their T10s but they should at least be fun. Not saying they are outright terrible ships, as i've played plenty of Z46 and Tashkent, can't speak for some of the others sadly. But i do have Kitakaze, and whenever i use it i feel like it's easy mode. But that's just me.

With the exception of Kitakaze I think WG nailed tier IX DD balance, with each having it's own distinct role and not horribly outclassing the others. It's just that at the moment meta favours a certain playstyle that makes it more difficult for some of them.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,183 posts

This should be amusing...:cap_hmm:

All the bots and afkers will flock to the new mode, should make for some serious comedy.

• Funny 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,102 posts
31,663 battles

So to get the Benham I have to play a game mode I don't like in cartoony ships?  That sort of sucks.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[-BRS-]
Members
3,153 posts
17,056 battles
2 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

So to get the Benham I have to play a game mode I don't like in cartoony ships?  That sort of sucks.

Yep 

Shakes fist in the air

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,790 posts
12,548 battles
5 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Nope you can buy 17 crates and skip the mode.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,481 posts
8,749 battles
5 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

You can just buy a ton of premium containers instead... wonder how the math on those will work out. 

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

wonder how the math on those will work out. 

54 premium containers to get her WITHOUT any other sort of game play. 

What you can earn in the directives, without playing this mode, will mitigate that. But even at their cheapest (and given the other things you can win in them, I do not think they will be all that cheap), it's going to be a hell of a lot.

Then again, there were people who were willing to spam Go Navy premium crates to trade tokens for crates with coal and get the Salem ASAP (at hideous cost), proving that someone out there is willing to pay almost anything to get the new goodies quickly. Fools and their money, etc.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,962 posts
3,829 battles
59 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Official source: 

Get her now or not at all is the message. 

Paint me a cynic, but even if they said they would never offer the Benham again, I'd expect it to return.

[SALVO]
Members
21,690 posts
21,998 battles
25 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Sort of?  Sort of?

It absolutely, positively bleepity-bleep sucks BIG TIME!!!   :Smile-angry:      :Smile_sad:

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2