Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

What Happened to the Indomitable?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,364
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,676 posts

I haven't heard anything about it in a long while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,688
[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles

My opinion: they've pulled her in for major modifications and will soon be reissuing her with the torpedo bombers she should have had in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,977
[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles

Ship gulag in order for Indomitable to be re-educated.

Expect Yaks and LaGGs in her  updated lineup, with a single Pe-8 with the 5 ton bomb :Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, WG at that point has to be extra careful with premium CVs especially, I don't expect any high tier release until things are stable.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

Shes moored nextto Yahagi :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,676 posts
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My opinion: they've pulled her in for major modifications and will soon be reissuing her with the torpedo bombers she should have had in the first place.

The last video I saw about her, Noster maybe?  While she didn't have torps of course, she was a fire starting pyro.  That's what I was looking forward to, something a little different, I hope they don't change that :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,688
[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The last video I saw about her, Noster maybe?  While she didn't have torps of course, she was a fire starting pyro.  That's what I was looking forward to, something a little different, I hope they don't change that :(.

I'd be inclined not to buy her, I must admit, because I'm sort of lousy with bombs and rockets and prefer torpedoes. I'm not intending to go on to Audacious (stupidly high service costs at T10 if you're foolish with your aircraft, plus I'd need to get a permacamo) and I already have a Space Battles 10 pointer set aside for the Implacable, so I've no need to move a captain up. 

Ark Royal is sort of interesting, but she's one I'll definitely wait for open release before buying (IF AT ALL) because I don't like the chances of Swordfish bombers going against T8 AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,688
[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

downvote asked the same question.

Downvote is having a beer in Indomitable's Officers' Mess and enjoying his retirement. WG saved him from death by overwork and he has a much happier life now :Smile_trollface:

  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,757
[WOLFG]
Members
6,000 posts
3,853 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Downvote is having a beer in Indomitable's Officers' Mess and enjoying his retirement. WG saved him from death by overwork and he has a much happier life now :Smile_trollface:

Oh you naïve young seal.

Downvote is Soylent Green!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,688
[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Oh you naïve young seal.

Downvote is Soylent Green!!!!!!!!

Oh :etc_swear:, those Nori Crisps I ate...

OMG.

I am a murderer. 

:fish_panic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

They will nerf cvs again so no reason to release a premium cv now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[PENND]
Members
332 posts
5,745 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd be inclined not to buy her, I must admit, because I'm sort of lousy with bombs and rockets and prefer torpedoes. I'm not intending to go on to Audacious (stupidly high service costs at T10 if you're foolish with your aircraft, plus I'd need to get a permacamo) and I already have a Space Battles 10 pointer set aside for the Implacable, so I've no need to move a captain up. 

Ark Royal is sort of interesting, but she's one I'll definitely wait for open release before buying (IF AT ALL) because I don't like the chances of Swordfish bombers going against T8 AA.

Implacable is a better CV. Audacious is a pain to use her dive bombers since it takes forever for the bombs to actually hit a target. I can honestly say that out of Midway and Audacious, Midway is the better ship even though her torps are pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[NUWES]
Members
2,418 posts
7,696 battles
34 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Implacable is a better CV. Audacious is a pain to use her dive bombers since it takes forever for the bombs to actually hit a target. I can honestly say that out of Midway and Audacious, Midway is the better ship even though her torps are pathetic.

They definitely do pathetic individual damage but at least she throws a lot of fish in the water. I can live with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[NUWES]
Members
2,418 posts
7,696 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd be inclined not to buy her, I must admit, because I'm sort of lousy with bombs and rockets and prefer torpedoes. I'm not intending to go on to Audacious (stupidly high service costs at T10 if you're foolish with your aircraft, plus I'd need to get a permacamo) and I already have a Space Battles 10 pointer set aside for the Implacable, so I've no need to move a captain up. 

Ark Royal is sort of interesting, but she's one I'll definitely wait for open release before buying (IF AT ALL) because I don't like the chances of Swordfish bombers going against T8 AA.

I will absolutely get Ark Royal (although her swordfish better be dropping torps). Indomitable is questionable, but probably a "no" in the state she was in when the CCs last reviewed her. I don't mind lack of TBs but I'm not sure her level bombers make up for it and the low hangar capacity may be completely unworkable if uptiered. I also have a lot of T8 premiums, and Lexington which I like, so she certainly will turn into a port queen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,273
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
59 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

They will nerf cvs again so no reason to release a premium cv now.

This is exactly what's going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[USFF]
Members
429 posts
6,904 battles

With all these CV nerfs I don't really care about buying the Indomitable anymore (or Ark Royal for that matter). The speed boost nerf killed the Graf Zeppelin. Probably happened to Indomitable too.

Edited by Shinzon1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,000
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,909 posts
12,232 battles

Went aground off Jamaica.

 

 

(Though that was not in fact the problem).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[MIA-P]
Members
144 posts
5,171 battles

A bunch of people didn't like her dull playstyle and poor armament choice.

Not to mention her absolutely pathetic deck reserve.

I'm assuming she's been pulled for modification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×