Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

How WG Ruined My Weekend Fun.

4 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
8,029 posts
14,651 battles

Ok, ruined is a bit melodramatic, However, I have been waiting for the 22nd of June for a long long time. WG thought, they would be nice (I think) by extending the ship discount coupon reset for 3 days. I am sure that that worked out fine for some players and they could use the extra coal or steel, to get a new ship. My plan was to buy the Flint, using the discount coupon, and enjoy it in Operation Narai for the weekend.

Now most of you would say, Hey, Sovereigndawg, what the heck is the big deal. I would say, I suppose it's not so big of deal, I can sacrifice 3 days of Flint ship time and Narai will come around again and if it helps some members get a nice ship, I can handle it.

That was my mindset after some consideration and thought about the subject. The moment I read about it my thoughts and feelings were quite different. I kind of felt like a kid whose Dad said he would take him to Disneyland next weekend. Thursday rolls around and Dad gets home from work, with the news that he has to work that weekend and Disneyland has been postponed for 1 week. Pops explains that it's good for the family because he is making extra money that weekend. The child of course is still disappointed and is a little perturbed with old Pops.

During the week junior ponders about the situation and thinks, Dad did just get me that new dirt bike (The Massachusetts I just won from WG in the Flag O Rama event, Thank You Very Much WG) last week and settles his mind about the delay.

The day arrives to go to Disneyland and they arrive at 7AM only to find the park is closed for maintenance until 11AM. Junior has time for thought while waiting for the Park to open and decides to just wait patiently and write in his journal (Post on the Forum), until he can enter the Park (BUY MY FLINT) and enjoy what is left of the day.

WG thanks for the Ship (well, Doubloons actually). The next time you change an anticipated event (The Coupon Reset) why don't you just overlap them. Keep the original date and put the new coupon out on the date it was originally going be issued on, and just extend the date of the previous coupon. It didn't really ruin my weekend. I did get up at 7AM and found I had to wait until 11AM Before I can get the new coupon and the Flint, so I can enjoy my first battle in her, thus giving me time to post this thread in the forums.

External forces can make you upset, only your own mind can calm you and bring you back to a stress-less level. You all, make your day the best that you can, think.

Hmmm, it seems some one is bored with thinking.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Boring 2

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles

Didn't they have a thread telling people the ship coupon was going to be delayed a week ago ? Three different post complaining why is ever body acting like its new news.

• Confused 1

[TBW]
Members
8,029 posts
14,651 battles
13 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Didn't they have a thread telling people the ship coupon was going to be delayed a week ago ? Three different post complaining why is ever body acting like its new news.

It's not new news, I read about it before WG ever did it, I am waiting until 11 so I can finally get my new ship. I had time to express how I felt, so I did, obviously there were other people that wanted to use the coupon on the date they waited 6 months for. I also suggested a way for WG to avoid disappointing a part of the player base. I also thanked them for the Massachusetts. I am sorry to have upset you, oh wait, you did that to yourself.

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's not new news, I read about it before WG ever did it, I am waiting until 11 so I can finally get my new ship. I had time to express how I felt, so I did, obviously there were other people that wanted to use the coupon on the date they waited 6 months for. I also suggested a way for WG to avoid disappointing a part of the player base. I also thanked them for the Massachusetts. I am sorry to have upset you, oh wait, you did that to yourself.

I'm not upset I got you I wasn't really referring to you but there were a couple of angry posts saying WG said nothing till the day before but that wasn't true . I was just pointing out that it was old news I get how it can be frustrating but Its a free coupon you really cant complain not you personally but this is the 3rd thread on it today .

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this