You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daytonaboss

Ship Coupon

14 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Members
44 posts
13,315 battles

Does anyone know when they are going to give up the new ship coupon? It says its supposed to be today 6/25 but I'm not seeing it yet.  

[-KAK-]
Members
358 posts
7,728 battles

I think they extended it to 6/26 last week - It should come tomorrow with the patch.

[INTEL]
Members
7,209 posts
30,479 battles

Right. Extended. Comes tomorrow.

[TF16B]
Members
44 posts
13,315 battles

It was supposed to be on the 23rd they extended to the 25th its says in game on the coupon the 25th also hmmmmmm  guess we will have to wait for the update :(  

[TBW]
Members
7,996 posts
14,627 battles
30 minutes ago, Daytonaboss said:

Does anyone know when they are going to give up the new ship coupon? It says its supposed to be today 6/25 but I'm not seeing it yet.  

11AM central time. Check the post 5 above yours, How WG ruined my weekend.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,250 posts
6,874 battles

It's a lot of work, creating and distributing all these new coupons. Kinda like a santa effort

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Coupons will be refreshed for everyone tomorrow for those of you (and me) who have been waiting. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,476 battles
38 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Coupons will be refreshed for everyone tomorrow for those of you (and me) who have been waiting. 

Thanks for the response @Radar_X, but why the ham-handed handling of this? It was publicized since December 2018 as 6/22, then the day before, was changed to 6/25, then later that same day changed to 6/26, but as of yesterday the schedule in the Arsenal was still showing 6/25...

And as of yesterday, the Victory event was still showing on the Events page in game as ending tomorrow, yet it was already over.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[JMMAF]
Members
315 posts
5,570 battles
43 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

They really ought to let you save or bank at least one coupon. I have been saving coal forever and didn't like the ships being offered. I plan on buying the Yoshino Tomorrow but that means I will have 6 months with no coupon.  Mind you I didn't use any of my coupons in the previous years.

[OO7]
Members
5,208 posts
12,009 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

What are you buying? I'm going to sit on mine and hope the somers comes for steel

Edited by Ducky_shot

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,610 posts
15,869 battles
14 hours ago, Radar_X said:

I just had mine become available today from last use....

Just had enough to get Georgia. 

Thanks for tomorrow's reset. It enabled me to use my coupon and get another for the upcoming ships in the next 6 months. 

Looking at the old Fubuki being resurrected. 

[NVRDY]
Members
163 posts
12,413 battles
19 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Thanks for the response @Radar_X, but why the ham-handed handling of this? It was publicized since December 2018 as 6/22, then the day before, was changed to 6/25, then later that same day changed to 6/26, but as of yesterday the schedule in the Arsenal was still showing 6/25...

And as of yesterday, the Victory event was still showing on the Events page in game as ending tomorrow, yet it was already over.

I'm sure It was to go along with the 8.5 update is all.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,476 battles
10 minutes ago, oldschool1972 said:

I'm sure It was to go along with the 8.5 update is all.

1. I’m sure it was. Except that it was possible to know beforehand that 6/22/2019 was a Saturday, and updates ever drop on a Saturday, so why originally schedule it for one?

2. Since it dropped yesterday, it ended up not being coordinated with the update, anyway.

[DOD]
Beta Testers
37 posts
2,185 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

1. I’m sure it was. Except that it was possible to know beforehand that 6/22/2019 was a Saturday, and updates ever drop on a Saturday, so why originally schedule it for one?

Because who knows why they scheduled that date in the first place.  Maybe they thought "oh, just arbitrary deadline", then they changed their mind and went "no, we should tie it to an update", and if they tie it to an update, then they're dealing with all the uncertainty with the update e.g. yeah, they always try to drop it in the middle of the week, but sometimes things go nuts and they have to delay it. 

I'm not going to flag WG for a few days difference either way, given some of the crazy stuff that goes around game development/games in general.

I'm just happy there are coupons at all.   Most other F2P games I've played, it's always a rotating thing in the shops, and it seems like what you want never goes on sale.   (Now if only WG would let those premium shop coupons apply to bundles...)