Kami

Update 0.8.5. Feedback and Performance

93 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,640 posts
797 battles

updateisLive.jpg

Hey Captains,

With 0.8.5 being released, please leave your feedback and thoughts on the latest patch.

Please leave feedback on:

• Rogue Wave Event
  • Clan Brawl
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Armory
  • Changes and Improvements
  • Cool 8
  • Angry 1

Members
8 posts
1,520 battles

The changes to AA just seem poorly thought out and have removed some of the flavor from the game.

From a CV perspective, AA has always been nuts, sure a surface ship player may not feel they're knocking down planes because they aren't getting kill spam, but believe me they are doing plenty of damage and the planes are getting knocked out of the sky, usually by someone else. As a CV player I learned to mitigate heavy plane losses by avoiding groups of surface ships and focusing my attacks on the lone wolfs who break off from the pack, in most cases, the DDs. Still, when I was over a patch of AA I could feel the urgency of getting my planes safely away before they are all consumed by flak, which is a little unrealistic in my opinion, but I get that a lot of times we're sacrificing realism for gameplay.

Now it just feels like planes are on an arbitrary "health timer" and the CV wings with the most planes (and by extension "health pool") have a significant advantage over the rest. Now instead of feeling like time is precious I know I have X amount of time to carry out an attack at which point Y amount of planes will be destroyed. While I was always annoyed at how quickly my wings could get shot down, sometimes all at once on a single flak burst, at least it was fun to watch.

Also, it's never made any sense for my reserve planes to "linger" in the flak while only a couple planes performed an attack run. If those planes rejoined the win right after, it would make sense for the reserve wing to stick around, but they don't so it doesn't. Maybe when my planes begin an attack run, the reserve planes could linger outside of AA and the ship's AA could focus on the attacking wing and we could balance around that? Maybe give people an active indicator to thwart an attack with a series of quick skill checks. Something, I dunno... the current system doesn't appear to be to anybody's benefit. My reserve planes get shot down but my attack planes continue unaffected, all this will do is give me a few guaranteed attacks until I run out of planes, and then what? Should I just AFK in a corner for the rest of the match?

I don't really know how to balance CVs in a way in which people (DDs in particular) won't complain about them as much as they do, I imagine if people could take a more active role in thwarting CV attacks that would probably help. All I know is that this game has been out for years, CVs have been a part of it for years and I don't see why the devs feel a particular need to "Address CVs" each and every patch.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 10

[FFG33]
Members
40 posts
16,874 battles

What happened to clan levels?  It added no rewards value but it did allow comparison of oil progression and prestige between clans.  I would like to have it back or make it better.  Removing it is a lost opportunity IMHO.

UPDATE.

Heard from WOWS regarding the removal of the clan level badge.  Their initial response was that they make changes and that is was important.  I responded that I would prefer an actual explanation so that I may know why it was critical to remove that component.  Response from WOWS, "You are only one player among millions and we cannot keep everyone happy".  Make of that what you will but they apparently do not care or wish to explain.  If you have some insight I would welcome your input.

Cheers and see you on the high seas!

Edited by FJB_3
Updated Information from WOWS.
  • Cool 1

[PHU]
Members
90 posts
5,190 battles
On 6/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Kami said:
  • Rogue Wave Event
  • Clan Brawl
  • Ranked Sprint
  • Armory
  • Changes and Improvements

- I'm not a fan of the Rogue Wave Event. I don't like the look of the ships it's that simple so I have no feedback for this.

- I like the new AA, it feels balanced. AA sector switching is now rewarding, it's a great feeling. I can shoot down a good number of aircraft but some will still get through and being isolated isn't as big of a death sentence as it was before. It's the first time since 8.0 I have been able to say yes, carriers are decently balanced. 

• Cool 2

[-ARP-]
Members
627 posts
13,223 battles

Patch has broken aiming.

2019.06.26-14.13.png

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,083 posts
17,216 battles

You have gone overboard with the AA. When a single low AA Bot can down 6 to 8 planes during one attack that is ridiculous.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

Members
39 posts
6,560 battles

Terrible update.  CV's are now useless, I've crashed out of 5 of 6 matches and Rogue Wave is stupid.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6

Members
39 posts
6,560 battles
2 hours ago, Awe5ome said:

- I'm not a fan of the Rogue Wave Event. I don't like the look of the ships it's that simple so I have no feedback for this.

- I like the new AA, it feels balanced. AA sector switching is now rewarding, it's a great feeling. I can shoot down a good number of aircraft but some will still get through and being isolated isn't as big of a death sentence as it was before. It's the first time since 8.0 I have been able to say yes, carriers are decently balanced. 

The whole idea is for those dumb enough to stray out on their own to be punished.  Some of these whiners need to play a cv before they [edited] so much.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 10

Members
39 posts
6,560 battles

I would comment on ranked as well but you obviously messed that up so it's unavailable... surprise!

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[WORX]
Members
5,043 posts
15,593 battles

Having to face clans with cordination in Savage battle, was not the same premise that was tested in PTS.

Who ever made that last sec decision, it was a wrong one....

In PTS bots were not (the word that matters) coordinated... As a result

• the 3 ship team has no chance AND
  • the DIV 9 ship gets to decide who ones...

I love the concept at the start guys but a the end, never cease to disappoint at just wanting to fail at all cost.

• Cool 2

[PHU]
Members
90 posts
5,190 battles

Fixed my problem... sorry dude. 

Edited by Awe5ome
I made a mistake... a really big one.

[SARD]
Members
4 posts
6,242 battles

With this patch we notcied that WG doesnt knows how to balace their game.

If they dont make the CVs really OP and cancer, they nerf them to the ground, they cant never balance something, they OP something or UP something xD 

• Cool 1

[MASS]
Members
33 posts
4,838 battles

Thanks for taking a great game and making it rubbish. You have totally nerfed the CV to DEATH and made them almost unplayable PRETTY TUGBOATS.  You should have left it the way it was in the last update. Enjoy the cash you got out of CV packs because no one will want to play them or buy them. Not a fan of the DD Rogue Event either but I'm sure it will make your DD players happy.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 9

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts

Ship XP is still non-standard among the Ship Profile, Module and Exterior views.  Please return all the views to where they were ... showing the Ship XP under the Ship Name in the Captain block.

Fixing the UI is commendable ... but breaking things that didn't need "fixing" doesn't make sense and is really irritating!

sp.jpg

sm.jpg

se.jpg

• Cool 1

[WHAWK]
Members
2 posts
3,141 battles

Does the Rogue Wave event contribute anything towards your Clan membership i.e., points, stats, oil? I didn't find anything about it so I assume NO but there was a lot to read. Want to make sure I didn't miss it. :)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,346 posts
11,851 battles

The AA change, AA from higher tier ships is even more brutal than before, same tier is more brutal but not as bad as it is for lower tier CV's, and lower tier AA while a little more dangerous can mostly be ignored if you don't hang around too long.

• Cool 2

[NVRDY]
[NVRDY]
Members
55 posts
15,253 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Having to face clans with cordination in Savage battle, was not the same premise that was tested in PTS.

Who ever made that last sec decision, it was a wrong one....

In PTS bots were not (the word that matters) coordinated... As a result

• the 3 ship team has no chance AND
  • the DIV 9 ship gets to decide who ones...

I love the concept at the start guys but a the end, never cease to disappoint at just wanting to fail at all cost.

If you had a clan in PT you could div up.

[AKN]
Members
19 posts
4,003 battles

Anyone else have the feeling when playing a CV in the new update like your in a T4 in a T10 battle?....how can a top tier cv make any credits when you cant even get a single attack off on a DD.....and for those thinking that its a free xp to 10 player your sadly wrong......i had to grind my way to 10 on cv's and the planes just have to be looked at and melted down to nothing before a torp bomb or rocket run even gets locked on....planes SHOULD be OP....for those who think they shouldn't should really read your history books

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 8

[WORX]
Members
5,043 posts
15,593 battles
1 minute ago, FryeGuy_07 said:
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you had a clan in PT you could div up.

There is no clans in PTS.... Whatever clan I make will only get recycled.. That is why I did not see any clans or real players on the 9 side. Just bots

[NVRDY]
[NVRDY]
Members
55 posts
15,253 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The AA change, AA from higher tier ships is even more brutal than before, same tier is more brutal but not as bad as it is for lower tier CV's, and lower tier AA while a little more dangerous can mostly be ignored if you don't hang around too long.

It seems that WG doesn't care about our opinion on AA. The same as to test AA in the public test server WG doesn't care and after i get my free tier 6 ship after this next round of PT i will delete my pt account as they really don't care to what i or you say.

• Cool 1

[NVRDY]
[NVRDY]
Members
55 posts
15,253 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

There is no clans in PTS.... Whatever clan I make will only get recycled.. That is why I did not see any clans or real players on the 9 side. Just bots

Yes thier are clans on PT, you have to make one using the gold they give you. and yes i played against DIV's

[_-_]
Members
2,231 posts

Overall a good update IMHO.

The new game mode looks interesting, and the AA changes are a good step in the right direction.

Haven't experienced any tech bugs so far.

• Cool 9
  • Angry 1

[-HMCS]
Members
27 posts
3,619 battles

so far I've just tried savage battle, and it's a stupid waste of time. 

Edited by Hi_Bill
  • Cool 1

[GONE]
Members
10 posts
1,387 battles

New to game in 8.4 (zero crashes)

8.5 comes along and nothing but crashing and uninstall reinstall does not fix the update is bad!

Lets roll back until you can get the game to not crash!

20190626_192615.zip

monitor_20190626_1745580962.log

pluginhost_20190626_174559_543826.log

wgc_20190626_174558_147.log

wgc_20190626_174558_403.log

wgc_20190626_192615_706_debug.log

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,346 posts
11,851 battles

Well, after playing quite a few CV matches I can conclude that the AA change is going to have little or no impact on the above average CV players, a fair bit on those players in the average range and it is going to flat out destroy the below average players. I figure it will be less than a week before we start seeing "OMG CV'S ARE OVER POWERED!" posts again because of the AA change not impacting the top players much if at all.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1