TheURLGuy

Update 0.8.5: Rogue Wave

50 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
892 posts
6,063 battles

I may be an oddball but I'm actually excited for the arrival of Yoshino (and news of the next phase of testing for Hayate). Finally something for my IJN account to spend it's coal reserves on that I didn't get by XP instead. And for the record, I am one of the few that is fairly happy with Azuma and can make it earn it's keep. Also interested to see how the AA changes affect things from both perspectives, might help even things out. At the very least, it might help people feel like they are doing something against the planes. Hopefully it also makes the idea of having the last attack group in a squadron act as a buffer or reserve more viable, enabling at least 2 of the 3 or so runs to be worth something.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
219 posts
7,413 battles

Been waiting for the Yoshino. Glad she's finally arriving.  Now to earn enough coal to get her.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,763 posts
15,494 battles

Can one of the Clan Brawl rounds be Rogue Wave instead? :cap_yes:

[OSIYO]
Members
17 posts

Really??? one sky cancer wasn't enough per game, and 2 wasn't OP enough??? So we are going to try 3 now with your anemic version of AA?  Pardon my French, but are you folks on Crack?  Limit the CV's to 1 per game per side, they already contribute way to much to the outcome of the game.

• Cool 6
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,198 posts
13 minutes ago, MVital said:

Really??? one sky cancer wasn't enough per game, and 2 wasn't OP enough??? So we are going to try 3 now with your anemic version of AA?  Pardon my French, but are you folks on Crack?  Limit the CV's to 1 per game per side, they already contribute way to much to the outcome of the game.

There stated goal at the beginning of this rework was 3 per side....:Smile_teethhappy:

It of course failed miserably, so rather than learning from a mistake, they will double down....

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[DPG]
Members
396 posts
12,082 battles

I do not want to complain - but oiy ! busy month!  

Some really fun looking stuff coming - We appreciate the new maps - Greece and the one coming in 0.8.6 - more if this please !!  and Thank you WG for the hard work ! 

Myself and my clan truly appreciate the continued AA changes - perhaps we can actually take out some of our old favorites like Roma again - She like others never had good AA, but would always shoot down a half dozen planes in the old CV world - Today... ZERO , ZIP, Nada with the new CV rework. ... ships like her have been chum in the waters for experienced CV captains and I have not played probably 60 of my ships in port since trying several of them post CV rework - and that was sad, because otherwise some very fun ships ! 

Now - Room for improvement... 

Port UI - so laggy - i don't know if it is my 226 ships ? Bad programming? I love the updated ports - beautiful !!  but so laggy i usually use Ocean I have An OC 7700k , Asus Strix Vega 56 and 300/300 Fiber to my PC - so it is not me WG, it is you... fix this old problem pls. 

As to fixing the absolutely atrocious team play since the rework... WG you caused this- help us fix it. Make playing the objectives/ caps more rewarding. 

When is the IFHE nerf as promised coming ? 

When is the heavy cruiser improved side plating as promised coming ? 

When are you fixing the anemic Manual secondaries skill as promised? Secondaries should begin firing the moment ANY gun can fire - not center to center. ALSO - manual secondaries should hit the manually selected target with improved accuracy, AND all other secondaries still able to shoot at other nearby targets at normal accuracy. 

Balance the XP better - This high dependency on damage and kills is breaking play quality by promoting long range sniping and lack of team support and taking objectives play. more xp for tanking damage - potential damage, spotting ships, spotting torps, shooting planes etc... 

Add in a "time  caps are contested"  XP metric. A ship can contest a cap for half the battle - often behind an island not able to shoot risking his life and he ends up 2nd last on the team for XP ?! that is just wrong - he was the reason we won and should be rewarded for it. 

--- just a few thoughts to help get this game back on the right track ... 

oh, and read my signature - this is 100% backed up by all 32 of my clan mates 

Karandar

• Cool 5

[DPG]
Members
396 posts
12,082 battles

Just a thought WG - while you devote more resources to fixing bugs- and the numerous individual ship balancing review - a way to keep the income stream solid to pay the bills, you could introduce many many "Premium camo skins"

There are a huge number of historical ships that have great meaning to people in various countries that already have sister ships in this game. They have no real fighting difference than ships already in game - but they had their unique identifying marks and numbers, sometimes unique camouflage etc ...  So these skins would be purely cosmetic with premium camo bonuses. You sell these for say 15-20.00 real money - you will sell boat loads of these and they would take very little work to create. 

So less model work on new premiums for several months while you fix ships in desperate need of some love, along with better XP balancing towards objective taking and team support and still have income from a steady release of these "Premium camo skins" 

Please fix the XP system more away from damage and kills and improve ship balance on older lines .... 

Karandar

• Cool 3

Members
212 posts
1,380 battles

I don't see any mention of the 10-point commanders in the armory for credits - are those still planned?

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts
17 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I don't see any mention of the 10-point commanders in the armory for credits - are those still planned?

Screenshot in the Dasha video. $4 mil credits each. Can't tell if they are 10 pt. (at the 4 minute mark.)

10 minutes ago, IsThatreallyTheplan said:

The opportunity to have more than 1 CV per side is the opposite of improving MM.

Am I the only one who read this correctly? They are 'reducing' to 1 CV per battle. (with limitations.)

[3COWS]
Members
700 posts
10,958 battles

There were changes discussed in the last wargaming twitch broadcast about the german 105mm battery that are no where to be found in this. 

Members
34 posts
11,202 battles

When the second minute of waiting starts, teams will be limited to two aircraft carriers; with the third minute of waiting, the limit raises to three carriers that can join each team.

:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by biggestpotato
  • Cool 3

[SSN]
Members
293 posts
13,638 battles
2 hours ago, z9_ said:

Screenshot in the Dasha video. $4 mil credits each. Can't tell if they are 10 pt. (at the 4 minute mark.)

Am I the only one who read this correctly? They are 'reducing' to 1 CV per battle. (with limitations.)

Make it only 1 cv per side.  So no I read it correctly as well.  As wait time increases teams pick up more CV to a max of 3.  More than1cv per side should be unacceptable. 

• Cool 5

[MAD-1]
Members
40 posts
9,858 battles

Been funny that recently ships I really wanted, but didn't have enough coal for (Jean Bart) was in the premium shop! Then Georgia dropped! OMG. It would be awesome to have Yoshino. Luckily for me I saved my coal for Yoshino so even if it doesn't go in the shop I can still have her!

[KMS]
Beta Testers
122 posts
13,314 battles

10% XP Nerf to Erie and Hasidate ??!!  Some of us use these to train cmdrs to be ready for  our next ship (before we can get it)

You just made them unplayable for me, and I already get better results in my other tr1 trainers, and the lower performing Bogie nerfed also, seems to me WG has more game fixes to address than mucking around with the tr1s, guess they will become more mothballed ships in my 257ship fleet.

4 separate teams? in this new mode, that will bring the avg. win rate for everyone down to 25% how rewarding will that be?

Should have saved it for Halloween, (where it would have been fun perhaps) but it's gradually becoming Halloween goofy all year round at wot. and we are forced to play this silliness  or forgo the free ships and tokens. and I do not like to miss out, 

[KMS]
Beta Testers
122 posts
13,314 battles
4 hours ago, Karandar said:

Now - Room for improvement... 

Port UI - so laggy - i don't know if it is my 226 ships ? Bad programming? I love the updated ports - beautiful !!  but so laggy i usually use Ocean I have An OC 7700k , Asus Strix Vega 56 and 300/300 Fiber to my PC - so it is not me WG, it is you... fix this old problem pls.  

Karandar

I have a 257 ships and  OFTEN horrible time lags in port when changing  screens/windows, clicks etc. no lags once in Battle, or any other computer use.

Have ok computer with intel I7, and max fiber internet, Have reduced some game settings to help and about figured out it has something to do with size of my fleet based on others that do or do not have this problem also.

mostly end up using ocean also, seems to help a little, if nothing else to see the sub windows like signals or cammo.

Members
1 post
2,527 battles

Hi,

Thanks for the great game!

Been playing since first release, but never posted. This release seems like a lot of hard work, and we see lots of recruiting of new players effort. But...nothing new that interests me nor makes me want to pay for anything. Can we get Italian line filled out? Can we get night battles? Can we get historical scenarios? (w/o having to own the ship, like WOT required?) They do not have to (and should not) be balanced. Maps should not be balanced either. How about random map generators? Or historical maps with historical forces?

Thanks!

[DIV-F]
Beta Testers
40 posts
4,223 battles

well this my be my stop[ng point with the cv debalcal i hate it wit 2 now 3 i agree thay have to be on crak not a mayby that are on crack

[DIV-F]
Beta Testers
40 posts
4,223 battles

well this my be my stoping point hard enough with 1cv slows game way down all u do is drive around in a big blob now 2cv and 3 cv well that well be it for me well not stay in one spot in a 12 ship blob to keep from dieing can not belive this poop that guy that said thay were on crak well there diffently on some kinda drug if thay think this well improve this game well i have stopped playing this game for almost a year this started playing agin guess its time to stop again can not remeber how many times thay have tryed 3 cv just to find out it does not work guess we well se

Edited by elshanko
mispelled words