Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dechion

This time every month I find myself wondering

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
976 posts
2,733 battles

Wondering what the next month will bring that is. I'm sure there will be a video and post coming sometime later this week with more info.

I know we have rogue wave coming next month, but I wonder what else.

Something for the 4th of July I'm sure. 

Just something I'm pondering as i sip my morning coffee and read thru the posts from varoius players being salty about various things. 

[WOLFG]
Members
5,997 posts
3,853 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

Summer Sale in mid July?

As long as it isn't the first week.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-085-rogue-wave/ 

It's bringing Yoshino. 248,000 coal, and I have to admit it's a far better price than what some of us were theorizing. 

Thunderer, Hayate, Siegfried, Friesland and Ark Royal will be in the hands of the CC's and supertesters, so you can expect to see them sometime in August/September if testing goes well, maybe October if there are balance issues and they need serious adjustments. Thunderer shouldn't need all that many; she's basically premium 18" Conqueror, after all. 

[H_]
Members
2,437 posts
42 minutes ago, dechion said:

Wondering what the next month will bring that is. I'm sure there will be a video and post coming sometime later this week with more info.

I know we have rogue wave coming next month, but I wonder what else.

Something for the 4th of July I'm sure. 

Just something I'm pondering as i sip my morning coffee and read thru the posts from varoius players being salty about various things. 

I'm sitting here doing the same thing........and, watching the City move Tornado debris up and down the street;............and really, don't know if there is anything that our host has left to peddle?  We've talked about the 1950 and 60's era progression of the game and that was ignored or rejected.  We discussed WW2 recreations of epic battles what we could engage in to see what "could have happened?"  We've made suggestions till the cows came home and it seems, a vast majority of them are thrown out before they are ever considered; unless you are a video host or a tester; and, even they are ignored according to LWM's thread a while back....    And, we get kiddie arcade crap and now the Mad Max at sea shtik.....

For me, I'm spending a lot of time working with the kids that are designing what comes next.....  Because, when those concepts actually start to be deployed, all of these 2D, linear, pushed development, FPS games will become obsolete very quickly.......  And that, is not hyperbole: because an AI driven; Knowledge Based designed intuitive system never stops thinking ! A Combat Effectiveness (CE) driven,  intuitive FPS; is, anything but static and predictable......  Holy crap, they are in a class unto themselves; and, you wouldn't have to wonder what comes next, because the game is already way ahead of you in what you want, what you are capable of doing and knows in detail, what you like.......they are that smart.....

Good coffee though; and, I'll keep playing till it's another WoTs moment (carrier's came close at 8.0) and we'll move on.........  History repeats itself it seems; and, that is the path we are on.........WoTs part deux.  The Golden era consumable is coming up ! 

Be well and enjoy the coffee !!!

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles
24 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

A Combat Effectiveness (CE) driven,  intuitive FPS; is, anything but static and predictable......  Holy crap, they are in a class unto themselves; and, you wouldn't have to wonder what comes next, because the game is already way ahead of you in what you want, what you are capable of doing and knows in detail, what you like.......they are that smart.....

Imagine being smacked down by the bots every damn time because not only do they see your torps the minute they launch and respond instantly with exactly the right evasion; now they can also out-think you tactically.

No thank you.

[H_]
Members
2,437 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Imagine being smacked down by the bots every damn time because not only do they see your torps the minute they launch and respond instantly with exactly the right evasion; now they can also out-think you tactically.

No thank you.

No, you are wrong in this.....  The games are designed "for you to enjoy..."  Happy players are buying players.  Quality is what "you define in how and what you chose and do !"  And, at what skill level....   These "smart games" develop a "path for you to take" that is subtle, determines what you need to learn to be more effective, increased that skill needed as you master the basics and then, rewards you for achieving "learning milestones" or "skill levels"....   They can teach you, what you need to know to be GuD....  And, when you hit a max level or skill threshold, they adapt to what you like and you can stay there for a long time.....   Like playing non-radar ships because you like early ww2 or earlier ship warfare !   And, the game game "give you pointers aggressively or passively" depending on what you want.....   

The goal of all games are to have FUN !   (and, make money along the way...)  The new generation of smart games got off to a rocky start (the cause of the pending P2W/Loot Box legislation) because the game corps used the "very early smart tools" to "profile players and their spending and "needs" requirements;" and, built micro-transactions and loot boxes to facilitate those needs.......a negative approach to "just make money"....  Buy to proceed or Buy to win....  bad, very bad.

PvP in smart games is another "holy crap" experience because "skill" is actually calculated in the demo's I've advised on.....  You are playing against an equal (with a range of variation +/- depending on the complexity of the mode...)  Remember, skill isn't just shooting.....  It's your entire effectiveness profile that is calculated.   PvE isn't at all one sided....  Yes, the game knows the minute you hit any button but, it is smart enough to match you effectiveness and challenge you, not dominate you.....  As you get better, it gets better....

Yes, thank you...........you'd never go back.  And that, is what makes playing this game sooooooooooooooooo difficult.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Happy players are buying players.

Not always. The converse is, however, far more likely to be true.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Summer Sale in mid July?

They quit doing sales...

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They quit doing sales...