You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Trident55

XP from ranked?

13 comments in this topic

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,217 battles

What happens to all the XP earned in ranked battles? I thought it all went to our lead ship - but I'm not seeing it.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,800 posts
8,692 battles

The XP stays on the ship it was earned on.  If it was earned on a rental ship, it will revert to the T1 ship of that nation.  That way, the XP is not lost and you can convert it to FreeXP using doubloons.  If you don't have the T1 ship, it still exists on the it and will show up in your elite XP totals.  You will see it on the T1 ship if you purchase that ship, which is $0.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,217 battles
7 minutes ago, Murcc said:

The XP stays on the ship it was earned on.  If it was earned on a rental ship, it will revert to the T1 ship of that nation.  That way, the XP is not lost and you can convert it to FreeXP using doubloons.  If you don't have the T1 ship, it still exists on the it and will show up in your elite XP totals.  You will see it on the T1 ship if you purchase that ship, which is $0.

Ok...well that sucks! 30,000 doubloons...the more I play this site the more screwed up it becomes.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,800 posts
8,692 battles
1 minute ago, Trident55 said:

Ok...well that sucks! 30,000 doubloons...the more I play this site the more screwed up it becomes.

XP has always been for researching the next ship in the line you are grinding.  There has always been a cash value placed on skipping that grind.  WOWS and many other games use the cash incentive to bypass the grind.

You still get the benefit of the FreeXP you earned while playing the rental ship, which is 5% of the XP earned plus any FreeXP bonuses.  You also gained the commander XP on the captains you used in the ships.

[FFLY]
Members
158 posts
9,079 battles

If you go to the concert xp screen and look at the ships you will see thexp earned on your rental ships

[A-I-M]
Members
1,979 posts
10,574 battles
2 hours ago, Trident55 said:

So, if you had the “real” T10 ship, the XP would be with it, and be just as dead-ended, and would cost just as much to convert.

Therefore, you’ve lost...zero.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles

Now here's something odd. When I last played Clan Battles, I took the stock [Hindenburg] out for a couple. I know it was not ideal, but otherwise we could not have fielded a team that night.

When I got it back for this, or possibly for the subsequent season of Clan Battles, IT HAD XP ON IT.

[SC]
[SC]
Alpha Tester
223 posts
6,772 battles
15 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

So, if you had the “real” T10 ship, the XP would be with it, and be just as dead-ended, and would cost just as much to convert.

How do people not get the basics of this. Sick of the crying that they didn't get what they want from a FREE to play game with a FREE boat to play in a mode that they would normally not even be able to play. 

[OO7]
Members
5,269 posts
12,088 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

With the exception of ships that have a researchable module on it, conq, most of the dds, etc. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,763 posts
15,494 battles

Yup, T10 XP is pretty much only useful for finishing missions and so forth. They're quite good at that though.

Members
90 posts
9,498 battles

To me, ranked battles was the best part of warships in the past.  Everyone the same tier, smaller teams and maps.  It was what I liked best.

CV's and especially rentals were not good changes.   I've cut way back on warships anyway, only playing a few battles a night.   I played maybe 10

ranked battles this last season and stopped.   Feels like my warship days are winding down.....

[A-I-M]
Members
1,979 posts
10,574 battles
37 minutes ago, Seagrizzly said:

How do people not get the basics of this. Sick of the crying that they didn't get what they want from a FREE to play game with a FREE boat to play in a mode that they would normally not even be able to play. 

Willing to bet that at 918 battles (less before Ranked and Rentals began), that the OP had very little to no T10 experience to draw from in order to know this. Case in point of why rentals should not have happened.

30 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

With the exception of ships that have a researchable module on it, conq, most of the dds, etc. 

Known and noted, but didn’t want to cloud the point. If he has 30,000 doubloons’ worth of XP to convert, then he should have researched and mounted his modules already.

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,217 battles

In decades of game playing I've never come across a bigger of bunch of babies whining about "newbies" whenever a question is asked. I wasn't asking what I lost I was expressing shock that it would cost several hundred dollars to convert XP is all. And while so many complain about rentals they seem to not get that someone can just buy a T10 play a 100 or so battles and compete in ranked? And most online games are freemium games - but this is easily one of the most expensive and one that focuses MORE on profit than on game play - at least others the focus is equal.