You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Z-39 well I feel stupid.

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles

I got Z-39 in a Christmas crate and have only taken it for spins in co-op before today. I just was worried about the ship's performance too much to pull the random battle trigger. It always just felt a little off you know. Too slow to accelerate, pretty [edited] detect range, stuff like that. After I'd had enough I finally opened up to hood to see if I'd maybe I'd kitted her out wrong.

shot-19_06.24_22_48.13-0419.thumb.jpg.49ff8fd10d3eff160e59213305aa4bdd.jpg\

So that would be a yes. Kitted her out took her into a PvP session and had a fairly good result. I feel really stupid that I put one module in and just... stopped for some reason. Anyway I like Z39 now. But don't I feel stupid.

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,388 posts
2,982 battles

LOL, I know the feeling. Had a similar experience yesterday with the Atlanta. Had thought the AA on it was crap since the update. That may be the case, but for whatever reason yesterday I decided to check my upgrades and saw I had never remounted the AA module after 8.0 removed them. Yeah, that may help.

On my first run in a new ship I usually manage to forget something. Plane instead of radar is my personal favorite.

I've had to instal the captain skills mod so I can check what I have mounted in battle. I may or may not have forgotten I did not have PT on my Warspite...

[SALVO]
Members
21,712 posts
22,016 battles

6.1 km concealment on a tier 7 prem DD is pretty good.  Not great, but not terrible.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

6.1 km concealment on a tier 7 prem DD is pretty good.  Not great, but not terrible.

Yah adding that stealth module sure helped.

[SALVO]
Members
21,712 posts
22,016 battles
25 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Yah adding that stealth module sure helped.

Well, WNN, that's the bane of nearly all tier 6 and 7 DDs.  If you're in a tier 8 or 9 battle, you'll be facing DDs of those tiers that will almost certainly have the concealment module.  Regardless, 6.1 km concealment is still not terrible.  Not great, not terrible.  It's enough to be able to have plenty of room to stealth torp, as long as something with better concealment isn't spotting you.

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,360 battles
3 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I got Z-39 in a Christmas crate and have only taken it for spins in co-op before today. I just was worried about the ship's performance too much to pull the random battle trigger. It always just felt a little off you know. Too slow to accelerate, pretty [edited] detect range, stuff like that. After I'd had enough I finally opened up to hood to see if I'd maybe I'd kitted her out wrong.

shot-19_06.24_22_48.13-0419.thumb.jpg.49ff8fd10d3eff160e59213305aa4bdd.jpg\

So that would be a yes. Kitted her out took her into a PvP session and had a fairly good result. I feel really stupid that I put one module in and just... stopped for some reason. Anyway I like Z39 now. But don't I feel stupid.

This Ship is good throw survivability expert on her and you almost have a light Cruiser dressed as a DD I don't generally put SE on DDs but lately in particular the Z-39 and T - 61 and its been a godsend and I'm not a good DD player by any stretch of the Imagination, I wish I played them more but I have some many ships I try to cycle through them. :Smile_great:  

[NDA]
Supertester
5,237 posts
15,716 battles

I once took a ship into battle and all game it felt like the ship was fighting me. Things weren't working like they should be and the ship just felt odd. Still managed a decent game with good damage and in the top 3 for exp. Once back in port I discovered I had neither ship modules or captain skills.

:Smile_facepalm:

[BIER]
Members
230 posts
4,354 battles
On 6/25/2019 at 1:04 AM, tm63au said:

This Ship is good throw survivability expert on her and you almost have a light Cruiser dressed as a DD I don't generally put SE on DDs but lately in particular the Z-39 and T - 61 and its been a godsend and I'm not a good DD player by any stretch of the Imagination, I wish I played them more but I have some many ships I try to cycle through them. :Smile_great:  

For the German DDs, you *really* want SE on them.  It massively increases their utility.

They have mediocre concealment, but very good speed, and combined with the hydro, they're real good anti-DD hunters.  You need that extra HP to be able to take a couple of hits while you push into hydro range, then you can murder your opponent. 

The extra health also really improves their torping ability, since it allows you to be a bit more risking in setting up the torp runs - which pays off very well, as german torps are excellent (if only modest in damage). 

Particularly for the German DDs, SE is more valuable than SI as the Tier 3 skill. And BFT or DE are really not in contention for that 1st choice Tier 3 skill.

For IJN DDs, if you're playing the super-stealth ninja torp boat, then TAE is probably more valuable, but SE really does help the IJN DDs, as they're extremely low-health, and SE gives the largest % bump of any ship line to IJN DDs.

SE isn't a critical need for most of the rest of the DDs, but it certainly is a big bonus - I'd suggest that it's almost always the 2nd T3 skill you put on, if you didn't pick it as the 1st.

• Cool 1

[TURD]
Members
155 posts
2,196 battles

I generally dislike DD play. Seems to be feast or famine the way I do it, but I like playing the Z39. Favorite German DD tactic: Catching a DD sitting in smoke spamming HE, blind to me. Pull up about 3-4k, pop my own smoke, turn on the hydro and watch them crap their pants trying to escape.