Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Best Ending Ever

14 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles

For best effect, wait for it...just like I did in real time!

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Funny 1

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles
9 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

For best effect, wait for it...just like I did in real time!

[clip will be here soon]

I saw the clip you posted!

Italian cruiser, torping teammates; name a better duo.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles

Yeah, but the res was bad and now YouTube won't let me update it.  Sigh.  Will try again.

I reposted, but it's temporarily a bit longer than original.  I trimmed it to fix resolution.  But it takes YouTube extra time to do that.  We'll see if it fixes the start up res.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[DTB]
Members
264 posts

Yep, a great example of the person being sunk being at fault and not the person who fired the torps.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles
54 minutes ago, DracoTB said:

Yep, a great example of the person being sunk being at fault and not the person who fired the torps.

Didn't sink him.  And the best ending part was it happened less than a second before the game ended.

Oh, and you know I'm of the school... you fire 'em, you own 'em.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,959 battles
24 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Didn't sink him.  And the best ending part was it happened less than a second before the game ended.

That's nice to hear to bad but stuff happens .

Beta Testers
1,322 posts
16,125 battles
11 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Yeah Soshi, I hear ya but.......it has happened to me a few times. Your torps were in the water forever with alarms going off in the other guys ear and he still failed to pick up on it.

Unfortunate.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,790 posts
8,653 battles
33 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Yeah Soshi, I hear ya but.......it has happened to me a few times. Your torps were in the water forever with alarms going off in the other guys ear and he still failed to pick up on it.

Unfortunate.

Yeah, but the other ships were engaged with the enemy, so they most likely were looking for torps from those ships.

11 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Oh for the sake of a couple of seconds.  LOL.  Stuff happens in the heat of battle.  I'm of the same opinion that I am responsible for my torps.  Good to see someone owning their ordinance.  :cap_rambo::cap_like:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles

Another thing, for those who play the Italian Duke, you know the run time on those torps is VERY VERY long. They are very slow...and go a long way.  Even in the heat of battle, you forget about them unless they hit something.  After I took out the DD, I pretty much went into end game mindset. It was pretty much over.  So I was sort of coasting (mentally, figuratively, and literally) to the end.  The torps, which were fired in anticipation of the DD extending out of the smoke,  and at a time when my mind was at top game, were no longer in my mind as the engagement with the DD took all my mental energy...followed by the relief when I took him down.  "Got him".  Game over.  Whew.  We'll just chill here as the team cleans up.  Then....bhurrumh!  Oops.    

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
On 6/25/2019 at 3:05 PM, Soshi_Sone said:

To a degree I do as well.

Don't fire whenever a friendly is in front of you.

Thing is, he wasn't in front of you when you fired. Many may say he was but if stick to such a strict interpretation torps would never be fired.

I fired my torps from my Fubuki into a pack of enemies the other day. One hit, the other two didn't. The torps on the Fubuki  have a 10km range @ 60kn. That means that it takes them six minutes to do those 10km. About five minutes after I fired got a teamkill penalty. Now, I don't know about you but I certainly can't predict where everyone on my team is going to be in five minutes.

There is a point where it is no longer the torp firers responsibility if someone runs into friendly fire. That Aoba definitely applies.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:57 AM, Murcc said:

Yeah, but the other ships were engaged with the enemy, so they most likely were looking for torps from those ships.

And when do torps only come from the ships that you're engaged with?

You have to look all around else you will be taken out by torps from enemies behind you that you're not engaging. And watch your ship graphic - it tells you from which direction that the torps are coming.

Sign in to follow this