Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
12th_thirstytom

3km battleship dissapears while firing

10 comments in this topic

[NORUN]
[NORUN]
Members
40 posts
10,639 battles

was in a ranked battle tonight and a bb was 3 km from me and disappeared while shooting at me! how is this possible? will you ban someone from cheating? how do you record video of matches I was in a dd in smoke!

?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DAS]
Members
601 posts
5,587 battles

It could be a render issue.

I sometimes "see" ships come around an island, detect me (my detected symbol comes on screen), start shooting at me, and some seconds later I can finally see them and shoot back.

I absolutely hate this.

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles

It happened to me in Co op yesterday, I think the dirty Bot had a cheat mod on .

Actually I figured out how he did it, I was in my smoke and he was firing secondaries, he was over 2Km away so I did not see him any more 20 seconds after he fired his mains. I was firing and his secondaries kept shooting me even though I could not see him. Secondaries don't trigger the spot mechanic. I suspect this might have happened to the OP..

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,323 battles
23 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

how do you record video of matches I was in a dd in smoke!

?

I think if you're in smoke you can't see ships unless they're in your assured detection radius, whatever that is; or unless they are spotted by someone else on your team

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
34 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

was in a ranked battle tonight and a bb was 3 km from me and disappeared while shooting at me! how is this possible? will you ban someone from cheating? how do you record video of matches I was in a dd in smoke!

?

Check my earlier post, I suspect that is what happened.

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
40 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

I was in a dd in smoke!

ya don't say - funny how that smoke works both ways.  I'm sure WG is cooking up special one way smoke that snowflakes like you can buy. Best of luck. 

Edited by T_O_dubl_D
quoted dawg post not OP
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
3 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

ya don't say - funny how that smoke works both ways.  I'm sure WG is cooking up special one way smoke that snowflakes like you can buy. Best of luck. 

When you quote him from my post it alerts me, you have to go back to his original to quote the OP. Yup smoke works both ways it tripped me out for a second until I realized it was only his secondaries. I can actually use this when in a good secondary BB and some one is spotting a ship in smoke. Just lock on and don't fire mains.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

When you quote him from my post it alerts me, you have to go back to his original to quote the OP. Yup smoke works both ways it tripped me out for a second until I realized it was only his secondaries. I can actually use this when in a good secondary BB and some one is spotting a ship in smoke. Just lock on and don't fire mains.

You'd think if the gunners on a ship can see through the smoke to hit up the target with secondaries, surely they could do the same same with main batteries, eh? 

[5D]
Members
2,826 posts
17,489 battles

Sounds like the BB had the captain skill that increases assured detection to 3 km and could see the OP in his smoke while the OP is still blind until the BB gets to 2 km for the standard assured detection.

EDIT - I would also assume there was no one else spotting the BB which is why the DD couldn't see him when he fired.

Edited by 1SneakyDevil

Sign in to follow this