You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
linusboy2118

Georgia or JB?

12 comments in this topic

[-TBP-]
Members
45 posts
4,435 battles

I have enough coal for one of these two i was just wondering which one people prefer. I liked most of the French BBs except Richel and i hated the Gneis which is i guess somewhat similar to Georgia but i would like to hear opinions from the masses. I did notice the Georgia had some wicked secondaries when i got to close in my T8 Monarch. That is something i like but i dont know how good they really are compared to other secondaries

Edited by linusboy2118

[WORX]
Members
5,037 posts
15,593 battles

Dont like secondary BBs eh? They'e getting buffed to (not liking buffing mindless guns)

Go JB... IMO, Georgia is not your play style.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,493 posts
10,572 battles

I've got the JB, I nicknamed it the Jonah Bart. Reason being it seems to be the ship I get into some games where MM does some trolling. Seems to do well as a heavy cruiser more than a BB. Spam HE and keep moving.

Members
1,979 posts
12,245 battles

You should get JB for same reason I got it recently. They are going to remove it from the Arsenal soon whereas the Georgia just arrived and will be around awhile. I heard JB was more consistent and better all around. This is hard to judge because I've had amazing battles with JB with very high damage battles and lots of cits however, I have bad luck with getting winning teams with it. So far all bad luck and mostly losses.

On the bright side I nearly have enough coal to buy another tier 9 or 10 after coupons reset and more new ships going to arrive at the Arsenal soon ...more selection  

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
728 posts
6,507 battles
28 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You should get JB for same reason I got it recently. They are going to remove it from the Arsenal soon whereas the Georgia just arrived and will be around awhile. I heard JB was more consistent and better all around. This is hard to judge because I've had amazing battles with JB with very high damage battles and lots of cits however, I have bad luck with getting winning teams with it. So far all bad luck and mostly losses.

On the bright side I nearly have enough coal to buy another tier 9 or 10 after coupons reset and more new ships going to arrive at the Arsenal soon ...more selection  

I agree with this , if you don't get JB now you may regret it later . You have time to earn more coal for the Georgia .

[SF-A]
Members
3,095 posts
6,723 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

This! Oh man, I've racked up games over 150k and had fools throw them a stupid number of times. It's been awful recently.

EDIT: Then I'll get games like this (3 min ago)

image.thumb.png.4da53e6a2958d15814a00e34e1adc6f5.png

I run secondaries because I'm a firm believer that tank builds don't work on BBs with such thin plating.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[POP]
Members
458 posts
5,670 battles

I don't have the JB but I got the Georgia the day it came out and it has been everything I expected it would be.  I have the Massachusetts so I knew what to expect as far as how to play it.  She has great secondaries and her guns are accurate enough to catch ships off guard early on at distance if you get lucky and plenty accurate enough at the best range for actual fighting (9-11km).  She does not have the armor of a brawler so you don't want to find yourself broadside to anything or in a situation where more than 1 ship is shooting at you.  In my opinion the Georgia has a tool for the Massachusetts biggest weakness and that is her speed boost.  With the Georgia you get to pick your battles and disengage when needed and if a ship is dumb enough to try to smoke up and pelt you with shells (minotaur's,  haragumo, Belfast etc) you can hit boost and run out of range or turn towards them and run them down.  Once they are in secondary range, there is no escape. 

[NG-NL]
Members
72 posts
6,743 battles
3 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

you can hit boost and run out of range or turn towards them and run them down.  Once they are in secondary range, there is no escape. 

This does sound diabolical.
The speed boost is real. Last week in Jean Bart, I was low health and facing a charging Yamato. I called "torp run" to my team, hit Engine Boost, and got the kill.

[POP]
Members
458 posts
5,670 battles
30 minutes ago, imaginary_b said:

This does sound diabolical.
The speed boost is real. Last week in Jean Bart, I was low health and facing a charging Yamato. I called "torp run" to my team, hit Engine Boost, and got the kill.

I know it was a top tier match but I was in one the other day on 2 brothers and had a Belfast and Atlanta set up shop in smoke and start peppering me.  Turning away would have meant giving broadside to a supporting bb of theirs so I just hit speed boost and charged them.  The belfast was the first to get proximity spotted and was sitting completely still and broadside,  he was sent back to port with 1 salvo.  The Atlanta saw the writing on the wall and tried to run however once out of the smoke he was spotted at 8 km, he died so secondaries while I traded shots with their supporting BB.  I eventually ended up in a crossfire between that BB and another one with 20% hp and no heals left so I chose to ram the healthiest of the two.   All in all I ended up with 3 kills and 160k dmg.  The chaos I caused on that side made it possible for our other flank to push and eventually win.

• Funny 1

[LOIN]
Alpha Tester
554 posts
4,153 battles

Well, one has an awkward secondary arrangement(Jean Bart). The other has a more traditional secondary arrangement that makes utilizing them easier (Georgia). I would say your pick.

[-TBP-]
Members
45 posts
4,435 battles

well i got the JB cause its bound to be gone first before the Georgia. Cant say im doing good with it but it does make decent credits even when i potato in it.