You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
burplaspa

Nobody Attacks

54 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,216 battles

Nobody has an attack strategy in Random Player mode. Everybody hangs back... Waiting. Then when their team loses a battle they wonder why.

If one ship goes out to attack, the others will pull away and wait fo it to get killed.

Anytime there is a group force of five or more ships making a direct attack on an area, they win. Defenders flee and don't get support.

I guess this is a product of getting random players, most who don't understand very basic tactics.

I have not been playing the game long, and am becoming bored with the repeated lame sit and wait tactics.

• Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

Welcome to the arcade....

The vast majority of players treat this as an arcade game, sail ships, shoot stuff, watch the pretty explosions...and move on.

This has been true for years, and it's not going to change...simply get worse as the old players get sick of WG's business plan of (Money > game play)

• Cool 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

#blamecvs

Spoiler

But also it's just a fundamental aspect of the game... the guy who is pushing is almost always at a disadvantage.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
5,032 posts
15,593 battles
7 minutes ago, burplaspa said:

Nobody has an attack strategy in Random Player mode. Everybody hangs back... Waiting. Then when their team loses a battle they wonder why.

If one ship goes out to attack, the others will pull away and wait fo it to get killed.

Anytime there is a group force of five or more ships making a direct attack on an area, they win. Defenders flee and don't get support.

I guess this is a product of getting random players, most who don't understand very basic tactics.

I have not been playing the game long, and am becoming bored with the repeated lame sit and wait tactics.

If I may present a counter argument to you thinking... Its not players "dont know" what tactic to use.... I would say players only can do what the game lets them to do... 

The prevailing tactic is DMG farming over winning. Some people jut like good stats over winning or playing the game mode... It happens

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

You either push to the enemy spawn or get pushed pass your spawn. Best thing you can try to do is make it a stalemate and hold the enemy at the mid-point of the map until one side breaks through assuming both sides are close to equal in strength. If the enemy is all on one side, that side needs to hold long enough for the other side to push towards enemy spawn.

• Push
  • Get pushed
  • Hold the line tile one side pushes through
  • Hold the line on one side and flank as fast as possible

If no one takes command, take command. If my BB allies don't wanna push, my Ryujo WILL push for them.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts

normally I would agree with you about this sorry state of affairs.

however, today I give up because every match has at least 2 afks on my side, DDs who refuse to even think about a cap/enemyDD/scouting, and a few players TKing their own carriers just to ensure another loss is blamed on CVs. You just cant carry pure malevolent intent to self harm.

Averaging 120K damage and 20% WR in last 48 hours. not fun, time to play something else for a while.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

My views on battles

• Tier I
    • It's active
    • :Smile_child:
    • I don't play here
  • Tier II - III
    • It's active
    • :Smile_child:
    • Not fond of playing here
  • Tier III - IV
    • It's active
    • :fish_viking:
    • Not fond of playing here
  • Tier IV - V
    • It's dynamic
    • :Smile-angry:
    • I can play here
  • Tier VI - VIII
    • It's dynamic
    • :Smile_izmena:
    • I prefer to play here
  • Tier VIII - X
    • It's dynamic
    • :Smile_izmena:
    • I prefer to play here
  • Tier IX - X
    • It's static
    • :Smile_hiding:
    • Everyone is crap
Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,684 posts
3,560 battles

Yes, your point is valid and can be seen in many battles, but there is also a large portion of the playerbase who attributes 'surviving' with 'sitting back'. If you rush in, I personally dont find it benificial to stick my neck out for you and potentially go down as well...

Coordinate with your team and flank-mates, and there shouldnt be an issue. Stay patient and reap the rewards. 

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
2,980 posts
8,958 battles

With 420 battles what tier are you playing? Some people learn at a slower pace than others. Knowing when & where to push and when to lay back is something that all need to learn.

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles
3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

With 420 battles what tier are you playing? Some people learn at a slower pace than others. Knowing when & where to push and when to lay back is something that all need to learn.

His stats are public. You can see he started playing PVP about a week ago. While surely PVP plays slower, it's just a difficult transition for some players; especially who''s only experience was PVE prior. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[_-_]
Members
2,231 posts
1 hour ago, burplaspa said:

Roll an account on the CIS server and have at it.

The Rolling Red Tide of Death is the standard there.

[-BRS-]
Members
3,158 posts
17,061 battles

Well over last 3 years they keep putting in more and more spotting mechanics and everybody's become more and more passive because they don't wanna be the 1st one spotted or can't choose to hide anymore so they hang back can't blame them WGs created this meta so here we are now

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
47 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Well over last 3 years they keep putting in more and more spotting mechanics and everybody's become more and more passive because they don't wanna be the 1st one spotted or can't choose to hide anymore so they hang back can't blame them WGs created this meta so here we are now

I blame the people but it's a fate that all online games will eventually reach.

[TDRB]
Members
2,980 posts
8,958 battles
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

His stats are public. You can see he started playing PVP about a week ago. While surely PVP plays slower, it's just a difficult transition for some players; especially who''s only experience was PVE prior. 

I never think about looking at the stats of others. I use my stats to follow how I am trending.

PVP play does develop slower. When you 1st start randoms you do come up against seal clubbers and that tends to make some weary of attacking.

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I never think about looking at the stats of others. I use my stats to follow how I am trending.

PVP play does develop slower. When you 1st start randoms you do come up against seal clubbers and that tends to make some weary of attacking.

You should (not really, but answers alot of questions about players on the forums), it's interesting on the forum at least. In-game I cant be bothered. You get a very immediate picture of what is happening for the majority of complaints on the forum.

But I dont stat shame (typically, I didnt here). It gave the clear answer. Which was he was transitioning from PVE to PVP, and the change was recent. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 1

[187]
Members
1,609 posts
8,839 battles
15 hours ago, burplaspa said:

Quit doing it then and go have some fun....many times people are waiting for a leader to make a move...type it out in chat at the very least...at the start of a match someone usually asks...what are we doing?...if no one replies then it is up to you to make a decision and say...AB...many times people will acknowledge your decision and follow OR they will call out something different then it is up to you to determine if that is what you will support. 

Lead don't follow...

[187]
Members
1,609 posts
8,839 battles
15 hours ago, Dareios said:

Averaging 120K damage and 20% WR in last 48 hours. not fun, time to play something else for a while.

STOP....worrying about your win rate for fuks sake...play for FUN...

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts
1 hour ago, C_D said:

It aint my win rate so much, as it not being fun to lose so often.

[BOTO]
Members
586 posts
10,908 battles
16 hours ago, burplaspa said:

PvP is a far cry from PvE.  "Attacking" like you do in PvE will get you quickly killed in PvP.  Every game is different and you need to be more passive in the opening minutes of a match, particularly when playing cruisers, and wait and see how things develop.

You need to play a few hundred more games in PvP before you get in a good feel for it.

[BOTO]
Members
586 posts
10,908 battles
1 hour ago, C_D said:

Yes, DO worry about your win rate.  You'll improve as a player which will lead to winning more often........and most players find winning to be fun.  It's the players that don't care about winning that make the game less enjoyable for others.

Members
23,232 posts
5,863 battles

You don't want to rush in right off the hop, passive as it may seem, because you don't know where most of the enemy ships are.

Once you have an idea where enough of the enemy ships are, and you have an idea how to do it successfully, then you think about offense. 

No point pushing right off the hop with a teammate or two, only to run into half the enemy team, especially if you're in a BB, which takes forever to disengage in a situation like that.

[WOLF9]
Members
132 posts
817 battles
17 hours ago, burplaspa said:

Happened to me. I was in my Farragut, capping A. A heavy cruiser (can't remember which one) was behind me. I smoke up and tell him to get in it, so I can spot targets and he can shoot them stealthily. I rush into the cap to find the annoying japanese DD who keeps shooting me......and my teammate doesn't shoot. No, he's still hiding behind a rock, not shooting. If he had helped me, we could've killed the DD together and the 3 or so BBs shooting at us wouldn't be able to see us, and we would've capped. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,742 posts
15,454 battles

People camp for a bunch of reasons, but the biggest one is probably just laziness. It's way easier to just shoot than to have to drive AND shoot.