Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daohan_Li

What do you guys think of HE

118 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

16
[PNP]
Members
18 posts
3,233 battles

Hi

I just want everyone's opinion about the current state of HE spamming and fire.

IMO, HE right now is way too powerful, especially those with the capability to penetrate 32mm of armor. Not only they can do super high alpha salvo (Cleveland, Worcester and many more can consistently do 5k dmg per salvo), they can also cause fires.

Personally, I would like to see a change to IFHE: Keep the penetration buff but reduce the chance of setting fire by 80% (just putting a number on it). Also, instead of the fires doing direct dmg to the HP pool, they should have dmg saturation like all other types of dmg. A ship would be separated into 4 pieces for fire dmg, and after a certain amount of fire dmg, you won't take dmg anymore to that part of the ship from fire.

 

These are only my opinions and I would like to know what you guys think about this "problem"

 

.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[ADOPT]
Members
360 posts
4,499 battles

That will make battleships literally immune to all damage except for broadside AP penetration and torpedos....

  • Cool 7
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[JMMAF]
Members
315 posts
5,582 battles

I dont have a problem with it, but it needs to have diminishing returns that are more significant.  This will prevent people from focusing one ship the entire game yet still allow HE spam ships like wooster etc.. to still be viable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles

IFHE does not increase the fire chance but actually reduces it by 3%. It only increases the armor penetration of HE shells. The whole reason that light cruisers and DDs take IFHE as one of their commander skills is to allow them to pen enemy ships to do more penetration damage versus just relying on setting fires to do damage. DE is the skill that increases fire chance, by 2%. Most players that take IFHE, take DE to help offset the fire chance penalty from IFHE.

As far as reducing the fire chance. If one is in a cruiser, at least ones without a repair party consumable, or a DD, fires can be an issue, but in a BB, as long as you manage the fires properly, they are not as big of an issue since 100% of fire damage can be healed with that RP consumable. If you reduce the fire chance for cruisers and DDs, then there will have to be a buff in some other area to balance things out

I don't think the fire chance needs to be reduced and I still think fire should do direct damage to the HP pool; however, I do like your idea of including fire damage as part of the damage saturation equation.

 

2019-06-24 WoWs screenshot_002.jpg

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,763 posts
18,972 battles
10 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

I dont have a problem with it, but it needs to have diminishing returns that are more significant.  This will prevent people from focusing one ship the entire game yet still allow HE spam ships like wooster etc.. to still be viable

Focusing one ship the entire game? Meaning let people survive because its inconvenient to take damage or be killed? 

Edited by Skuggsja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,642 posts
3,938 battles

I mean if they really wanted to do something about spam, I guess they could always factor in barrel wear and replacements. Make accuracy decrease over time and all that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,277
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,256 posts
19,624 battles

When Cruisers no longer have to worry about getting deleted by BB AP, we'll talk about HE.

  • Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,878
[HINON]
Supertester
21,365 posts
15,079 battles
12 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

This will prevent people from focusing one ship the entire game yet still allow HE spam ships like wooster etc.. to still be viable

If it takes an entire game of focusing to sink one ship, what's the problem and why should it be nerfed?

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
742
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,505 posts
10,580 battles

HE is my buddy, especially sailing DD. It doesn't care about angle on bow OR armour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[SRBL]
Members
281 posts
14 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

This will prevent people from focusing one ship the entire game yet still allow HE spam ships like wooster etc.. to still be viable

I never use my HE cancer spamming Worcester like that. I try to start a fire and if someone uses repair party I stay on them, if not I move fire to another ship and repeat the process.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
680
[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles

IMHO: Overpowered.

They should Split HE into 2 shell types
- Incendiary that have a chance to put you on fire but cause no damage.
- High-Explosive that does Damage but will never set anyone on fire.

Why? Still allow fires, still allow HE damage.   But not both for the price of one.
This could easily be done by reworking IFHE to give ZERO PERCENT chance of fire and even Demolition Expert wouldn't help.  But I prefer 2 shell types to give each HE ship the choice.

Yeah it's a very unpopular opinion/idea, and yeah it's not happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,709
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
36 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

When Cruisers no longer have to worry about getting deleted by BB AP, we'll talk about HE.

I was going to say this.  You BB captains don't get it both ways to crush cruisers and have no fear of retaliation.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
501
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

If it takes an entire game of focusing to sink one ship, what's the problem and why should it be nerfed?

have you spoken to the anti-CV crowd lately Lert?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,457
[WORX]
Members
5,052 posts
15,593 battles

HE is a necessary evil why ? Because BBs dont want to die to torps...

So if dying HE is OP/annoying, and dying from torps/Humiliating... Its this mindset the game has nerfed viable tactics and making other tactics/play styles over-powered.

Its making the game lack of variety of game play tactic, Stale...

EX;

Future buffing of mindless secondary build ships to beyond annoying/over powered levels.

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,187 posts
4,322 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I was going to say this.  You BB captains don't get it both ways to crush cruisers and have no fear of retaliation.

What if us whining BB mains consider it unfair for non heal cruisers to deal with HE spam. Especially CAs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,187 posts
4,322 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

HE is my buddy, especially sailing DD. It doesn't care about angle on bow OR armour.

Isn't that the exact reason why the anti CV crowd say CVs should not be in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,950
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,723 posts
3,895 battles

I think HE is the latest fashionable thing that BB mains are going to whine about until they get it nerfed just because it bothers them, not because it's actually overperforming.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[NGAGE]
Members
3,607 posts
8,673 battles

It's funny how absurd this suggestion sounds, but if you think about it, it's still worse than the HE protection CVs get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
742
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,505 posts
10,580 battles
5 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Isn't that the exact reason why the anti CV crowd say CVs should not be in the game?

Oh, you know I seen more of the CV's was more of a menace to the DD's argument more than anything else. I sail them both and I like them both. For me personally, I sail USN DD's, pack extra smoke and defensive fire when going to battle. I really don't struggle as long as I don't go yolocide off by myself and get focused by a CV or CV's.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,709
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
8 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

What if us whining BB mains consider it unfair for non heal cruisers to deal with HE spam. Especially CAs

I'd think you're probably being self-serving.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[DTB]
Members
264 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

When Cruisers no longer have to worry about getting deleted by BB AP, we'll talk about HE.

As it stands, the cruiser has a better chance against a BB than the other way around. A cruiser can do more damage in 30 seconds spamming HE than a BB can dream of. Throw in fires that burn 20% of a BBs health each and a cruiser can kill a BB in a minute while a BB is mostly waiting to fire.

Can a BB kill a cruiser in one salvo? Yes, yes it can. It just doesn't happen that often.

Meanwhile, every cruiser in game can kill a BB in a minute of spamming HE.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
211
[70]
Members
1,103 posts
5,752 battles

Remove 25mm base HE pen from Harugumo's line. Give it 20mm (1/5 pen, pens light cruiser plating with IFHE) and that'll be sufficient.

Daring gets 23mm (1/5 calibre, pens heavy cruiser plating with IFHE)

That is all.

Besides the Aki-Kita-Haru OP trio and the Daring's grossly underwhelming HE, nothing else really stands out so much as disastrously broken. Worc for example is pretty fragile and gets focused really fast as a large target...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[WOLF6]
Members
732 posts
6,524 battles
2 hours ago, Daohan_Li said:

Hi

I just want everyone's opinion about the current state of HE spamming and fire.

IMO, HE right now is way too powerful, especially those with the capability to penetrate 32mm of armor. Not only they can do super high alpha salvo (Cleveland, Worcester and many more can consistently do 5k dmg per salvo), they can also cause fires.

Personally, I would like to see a change to IFHE: Keep the penetration buff but reduce the chance of setting fire by 80% (just putting a number on it). Also, instead of the fires doing direct dmg to the HP pool, they should have dmg saturation like all other types of dmg. A ship would be separated into 4 pieces for fire dmg, and after a certain amount of fire dmg, you won't take dmg anymore to that part of the ship from fire.

 

These are only my opinions and I would like to know what you guys think about this "problem"

 

.

Uuuhhhhhhhhh No .

aM0cLrw.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×