You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Is it maybe time to stop putting out new ships WG?

19 comments in this topic

[W-G]
Members
762 posts

Have had this game since 2015 and there has been quite the push to up-sell new ships this last year.  Started me thinking about all the gimmick and stuff going on with new ship introductions. I am beginning to feel that may be holding off on introducing new ships and working on bringing existing ships into balance is the better idea.

Some lines are starting to show how dated they are even some earlier premiums. Maybe working on some player quality of life stuff and bringing ships back to relevance is the smarter thing to do.

There was a time you had to earn your way into a 9 and 10. - Now we probably have more premium 9's and 10's than we used to have of other tiers.

While my Imperator Nicolai languishes in port because it has no AA and gets up tiered. When it was never supposed to when bought..

Anyone else feeling like this?

Do others feel that they should slow down on ships and work on game?

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

I still take out my Arkansas Beta and the Nikolai has a heck of a lot more AA.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,751 posts
18,164 battles

Overall I think there is something to be said for looking at the dated tech trees to see if they can be freshened up a bit more.  That said, Nicholi does not exactly pull at my heartstrings as one that needs love.

Beta Testers
272 posts
1,151 battles

They'll slow down when people stop buying up every $50+ pixel boat they churn out. 

[-TNG-]
Members
116 posts
21 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Is it maybe time to stop putting out new ships WG?

Are you kidding? Creating new premium ships is like printing money!  Why would they stop?

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,000 posts
9,104 battles
11 minutes ago, Wernstrom said:

They'll slow down when people stop buying up every $50+ pixel boat they churn out. 

when/

they won't stop (buying). The trend is for premium goods to increase in price, next stop, 100$ pixel botes (which, via bundles, they are sort of already selling) NA is the WOWS cash cow, or rather cash whale, and in one respect, like luxury commodities, when WG increases prices, it increases demand. Because there is not much room for common sense in the minds of either luxury goods buyers, or pixel goods consumers.

edit : no idea if the above is true, .. WG won't be sharing their commercial strategy anytime soon.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,056 posts
17,200 battles

@Chain_shot If you don't care for new ships don't research and buy nor bother with any premiums. They wont talk about my distain! The CV rework garbage.

I have no problem with my tier 3 and 4 ships facing these neutered tier 4 CVs. They are less of a bother than a bug bite.

As for $100.00 pixel products, Bah, more than $10.00 for a pixel product is a no go for me. @LoveBote and only those with more money than sense will buy them.

[SIM]
Members
3,839 posts
6,404 battles

No, they shouldn’t stop working on new ships just because your OP tier IV seal clubber finally has a weakness.

• Funny 1

[BS]
Members
1,643 posts
8,491 battles

Their forced to sell new premium ships constantly to pay all the people working on the game, you have no idea what kind of overhead they must have!!!! They're stuck in a feedback cycle. they literally can't work on the core game mechanics at the proper rate because so many resources are devoted to artists, sound guys, level designers etc...think about it

EJ

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,839 posts
9,995 battles

WG still has a lot of Fletchers to add. :cap_like:

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,959 battles
46 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

when/

they won't stop (buying). The trend is for premium goods to increase in price, next stop, 100$ pixel botes (which, via bundles, they are sort of already selling) NA is the WOWS cash cow, or rather cash whale, and in one respect, like luxury commodities, when WG increases prices, it increases demand. Because there is not much room for common sense in the minds of either luxury goods buyers, or pixel goods consumers.

edit : no idea if the above is true, .. WG won't be sharing their commercial strategy anytime soon.

Why are people on this forum so obsessed with how other people spend there money . Guess what if you work hard pay your bills take care of your wife and kids then who are we to say anything about someone who wants to spend 100 dollars on a pixel ship . Its got nothing to do with common sense if you can afford it and it brings you some relief from daily grind that is life then it makes a lot of sense . Why stop making premium ships when all people do is clamor for there release dates and use there coal , steel or cash to buy them the second they come out . Nobody's putting a gun to your head to buy anything leave the whales alone there good for the game .

• Cool 3

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,584 posts
11,279 battles
5 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

If you think WoWS is an expensive hobby, try getting into RC aircraft

RC aircraft is way cheaper now than it used to be...you can get a nice starter electric plane and GOOD controls for 200.00, though I would buy the controls used. You can add planes for about the same price or less than pixel ships...can only fly one plane at a time...or ship for that matter.   I have spent way more money on Tanks and Warships lol.

[YYZ]
Members
507 posts
11,365 battles
Just now, Morpheous said:

RC aircraft is way cheaper now than it used to be...you can get a nice starter electric plane and GOOD controls for 200.00, though I would buy the controls used. You can add planes for about the same price or less than pixel ships...can only fly one plane at a time...or ship for that matter.   I have spent way more money on Tanks and Warships lol.

Of course the starter planes are cheap :), just like WoWS is free to play 

Then of course you see this at the store and you wonder how much can you get for your youngest child

gezS4SY.jpg

[OO7]
Members
5,209 posts
12,037 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

WG still has a lot of Fletchers to add. :cap_like:

I want a spotter plane Fletcher. That's a gimmick they haven't done yet. Or a fighter plane Fletcher. But range mod, aft, spotter plane fletcher is my dream

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,839 posts
9,995 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

I want a spotter plane Fletcher. That's a gimmick they haven't done yet. Or a fighter plane Fletcher. But range mod, aft, spotter plane fletcher is my dream

EZXrwWM.thumb.jpg.e9faf60e10ae587a0d165d93fd83be72.jpg

yep USS Pringels would be funny.

[RC_MP]
[RC_MP]
Members
500 posts
15,112 battles

Only after they hand out the Yoshino, then they can stop with new premiums. :cap_fainting::cap_look:

[EQRN]
Members
1,318 posts
12,246 battles

I’d agree, quality > quantity, but the bean counters would disagree.  Used to be premiums were a big deal to look forward to, now its, “oh, another knock off of x,y, or z”.