You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SCIVIRUS

WHat have you DONE WarGAMING

18 comments in this topic

[OILFA]
Members
139 posts
10,974 battles

image.thumb.png.71185705e8b22bafa88ef85d14b0efa3.png

THis is the Reward i get for protecting MY team NO this will not DO

• Cool 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 2

[CK5]
Members
1,081 posts
9,805 battles

You didn't do that badly - not awesome but not really bad.  You know that base points come from damage and capping mostly so why complain?

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

1371 is not a bad score at all but you just had a lot of guys do better.  I'm sure your teammates were much happier that they ran into a mediocre midway rather than your pooping out fighters every now and them and shooting down 20 planes and actually believing you were protecting anything.  

Edited by T_O_dubl_D

-Members-
1,640 posts
785 battles
13 minutes ago, SCIVIRUS said:

Hey SCIVIRUS,

That is great that you spent the game trying to protect your team but what did you do for your personal achievements? Do you have the screenshot showing how much damage you did? Also looking at the screenshot it looks like your team did well as a whole, so this could lead to you seeing less impact on the match. Some games you are not going to get spectacular results but they will be a win and that is okay.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 3

[REVY]
Members
1,521 posts
9,578 battles

better then what I can currently do in a T10 CV

Nothing to be ashamed of

[ANZ4C]
Members
22 posts
10,875 battles

Working as intended :cap_like:

There's nothing quite like a CV match where your CV is actually part of the game and not in there OWN FREAK'N WORLD!!!!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

Trying to protect with fighters is mostly a waste of time and effort.

A:  The fighters can be EASILY gamed into doing nothing.   Drop your fighters as well, they'll engage one another if there is any over-lap between them, so you can get rid of them without fear of them engaging you at all.   This works really well on the DDs that have their AA off.

B:  Fighters take too long to activate.   I've watched the mini-map many times and seen this happen, where the enemy planes fly right through without ever being attacked, mostly because the radius is too small on fighters.  (Enterprise super big one is the exception and they work more often as a result)

C:  Many CV captains do not attack with full groups.   Using my fighters to try and protect you from a half-group of attackers will get maybe 1-3 planes, best case scenario.   Even still, each fighter only kills 1 plane before being "done", so at best you'll get 5 (or 10 with Enterprise, Enterprise is so very good).

I'd propose that the fighters engage in about 1 second, instead of whatever it is now (3s? 4?  I dunno, but its too long).    Yes, if attack planes meet mid-sky and drop fighters they should engage right away, no delay.   There isn't much reason we should be passing in the sky and waving to one another without risk.    You plop down fighters in another path, they boost through it or turn and burn away from it and are never engaged.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles

How long did that game last?  Looks like a quick Roflstomp.

quick games don't generally benefit a CV.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,736 posts
15,454 battles

WG does not value teamplay when it comes to XP. Ask any destroyer captain. Sorry.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles

Personally I get a chuckle out of performing well and being that low on the team and at 1371 you performed well.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,693 posts
3,895 battles
15 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

WG does not value teamplay when it comes to XP. Ask any destroyer captain. Sorry.

Can vouch, this is correct. WG doesn't value teamwork in the least.

In fact they actively nerf any teamwork synergy that players find and make use of.

• Cool 2

[KSC]
Members
1,047 posts
4,577 battles

I think WG capitalized random letters in both your title and post.  

Devious bastards...

• Boring 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles

You're stuck in one of the predicaments of being a CV player. Should you spot? Should you help with damage? Should you drop fighters (because if you do it right it does help a lot)?  Is the team going to win the game for you with just some help or do you have to carry with kills and damage? 

Unlike other classes, your ships utilities are numerous.  Learning to read the battle and how its progressing will help you to figure out what's best to do and when. Never commit to a single "job" as CVs are more of a generalist than any other class. 

Kill securing a battleship before he can hide to heal to engage can win you the game. Spotting the DD or even destroying it for your pushing BBs can do the same. Dropping fighters to help keep your friendlies HP up and reducing the ability of the other carriers ability to strike can win you a game. Infact, you may have to do all of these to win through out a single battle. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

That is great that you spent the game trying to protect your team but what did you do for your personal achievements? Do you have the screenshot showing how much damage you did?

The entirety of what’s wrong with the carrier rework expressed in two sentences; the idea that carriers need to be doing things just like every other ship.

Various carrier haters and I may go back and forth over whether or not they should even be in the game, but we agree on one thing; carriers are NOT just like every other ship in the game.

Like it or not; that is the point of the RTS controls; it made the differences perfectly clear, and let carriers operate within their own world, again; like it or not.

As far as I’m concerned WG never seriously tried to resolve the issues with RTS; and instead opted to reinvent the wheel, and didn’t exactly make a very good job of it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[LODGE]
Members
284 posts
17,423 battles
9 hours ago, Under_The_Black_Flag said:

Working as intended :cap_like:

There's nothing quite like a CV match where your CV is actually part of the game and not in there OWN FREAK'N WORLD!!!!

Their.

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles
9 hours ago, SCIVIRUS said:

I agree. Your xp was far too high.

[CSALT]
Members
1,001 posts
8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The entirety of what’s wrong with the carrier rework expressed in two sentences; the idea that carriers need to be doing things just like every other ship.

Various carrier haters and I may go back and forth over whether or not they should even be in the game, but we agree on one thing; carriers are NOT just like every other ship in the game.

Like it or not; that is the point of the RTS controls; it made the differences perfectly clear, and let carriers operate within their own world, again; like it or not.

As far as I’m concerned WG never seriously tried to resolve the issues with RTS; and instead opted to reinvent the wheel, and didn’t exactly make a very good job of it.

They needed to figure out a way CVs could be playable on a console.

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles

The OPs post, with the current narrative of Romp stomp in the forums. Really really confuses me for so many reasons.

Edited by Navalpride33