Baby_Skeppy

will this run WoWs on max settings?

7 comments in this topic

[SAG]
Members
5 posts
2,884 battles

I am planning on upgrading my potato pc to a gaming pc... sort of. i have a Intel I5-3470 (3.20 GHz) and 8GB DDR3 ram and i want to use a XFX AMD 580 or a MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G.

Is any going to work on max? (I want 60fps at leased) If not what would you recommend for under $190? Thank You! :)

[2CUTE]
Supertester
22 posts
4,571 battles

Im running a EVGA 1050ti SC, Ryzen 2600 OC'd a little bit 3.8GHz, I run the settings listed below. I get anywhere from low 70s and up. As for which card you should get, I'd get the RX 580 as it comes with 2 games right now, and is more powerful than the 1050ti. 7eac4dd51117edcdc7fe71d9bc147a18.png

Edited by Wolfy_cx
Adding extra to post

Members
919 posts
33,307 battles

As long as you going with 1080 resolution this should do. Game is not CPU hungry (most calculations done on server side anyway). Previous generation of GPU handles 1080 resolution without problem (once you step up to 1440 and more, minimum comfortable will be nVidia 1060, AMD RX 580 and above)

[DFNT]
Members
187 posts
3,719 battles

Up until last month I was using an old HP i5-3470 with 12gb RAM and an Asus 1050ti. It ran above 60fps at 1080 with most of the settings on high. I definitely remember having the draw distance on medium and the Reduced Fire and Flooding Effects checked. I never really tested these settings, I just figured those were two non-essential items that would free up processing power.  There is a guide somewhere on the forums about how to set up your graphics settings for best performance. I had changed some of the settings in the "General" section based on that, but can't remember what they are. In all, the game looked fantastic and it didn't cost a fortune.

Edited by RedBarchetta3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles
2 hours ago, buzzygoat1234 said:

I am planning on upgrading my potato pc to a gaming pc... sort of. i have a Intel I5-3470 (3.20 GHz) and 8GB DDR3 ram and i want to use a XFX AMD 580 or a MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G.

Is any going to work on max? (I want 60fps at leased) If not what would you recommend for under $190? Thank You! :)

Short answer is yes.

I'm running the same I5.

16 GB ddr3.

Nvidia 1060 3gb ddr5.

Everything runs at max , 70 + fps on 10 meg dsl.

Your processor is overkill for the game.

A buddy of mine has that 1050 graphics card with I5 and runs it maxed 72 fps.

Members
1,970 posts
12,245 battles

I'm using an older i7 3770 3.9GHz with 16G DDR3 Ram and a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI (4G DDR5)  and running 1080P resolution at 61 FPS.

Most of my settings are high or very high. You can lower the settings for higher FPS but there's very little visual difference.

BTW I've tried ATI video cards and I much prefer Nvidia. More expensive but worth it. 

image.png

Edited by STINKWEED_

[SAG]
Members
5 posts
2,884 battles
2 hours ago, RedBarchetta3 said:

Up until last month I was using an old HP i5-3470 with 12gb RAM and an Asus 1050ti. It ran above 60fps at 1080 with most of the settings on high. I definitely remember having the draw distance on medium and the Reduced Fire and Flooding Effects checked. I never really tested these settings, I just figured those were two non-essential items that would free up processing power.  There is a guide somewhere on the forums about how to set up your graphics settings for best performance. I had changed some of the settings in the "General" section based on that, but can't remember what they are. In all, the game looked fantastic and it didn't cost a fortune.

thank you