Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Phloyd113

Unable to rejoin battle after WoWS network error

8 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles

I played a random battle earlier today and it failed to allow me to control the camera. I got to game start, and saw my ship, I could even sail her using the regular controls. However, I was not able to move the camera using ANY camera controls. I tried anything I could think of within the game to fix this, but nothing worked (to the extent of using alt\tab to change open apps, then go back. During that start, one of the other players commented in chat that we had 4 afk's. That implies that particular battle did not load within WoWS properly. I tried to communicate by saying that I was NOT afk, but my text, showing up in the chat box, was not sent to the team. This was a random battle, so it counts.

(I had just finished a co-op battle with no problem, and after a bit of frustration here in the forums, I played another co-op also with no problems. Thus, to go through the WGCheck is asking too much from me when the problem was clearly theirs. Again, that battle had 4 afk's. Not a likely individual cause.)

By then, I had to get more serious about trying to get back into the game. I went ahead and used the ESC, which operated properly until it activated. I was then taken to the initial loading screen with the trailer videos. that took over 5 minutes, so then I turned to Task Manager. that closed the game. I started it new again,and it started fine. When it came up, I checked that ship and it was still in combat. there is no option to rejoin, even if you double click the ship.

At ANY POINT IN TIME, if WowS had permitted me to rejoin, I would have.

I had to wait until that battle finished to see that my team lost, and I was surprised with a 6 game penalty ( I went in with one remaining from a prior). However, I have no clue as to how these became compounded. Well, some clue. As I said, I COULD sail the ship, and perhaps I left the engine running and it rammed a teammate. I had no eyes, so who knows? But there is  the other side that my own team rammed and the other 3 afks' out of anger.

Still, I had no camera, and could not correct it. I could do nothing even after a full reload to get back into the game, thus those who have said elsewhere that we have 20 minutes might not have the full facts. Perhaps that hasn't been fully tested? I have some experience in such things.

I am not a newbie in WowS, nor am I a newbie to troubleshooting. When I tried to report this via this website, they insist that I include the WGCheck report. that has its own issues which I will just not include here.

So, if WoWS has thought they allowed a player to rejoin, they need to re-test that feature. It failed me today and cost my team as well as my own penalty. I doubt this is what WowS wants.

If you need help, League of Legends FORCES a player back into a match which he got disconnected from. You are given no choice, except to close the game and wait out their time penalty. At least WowS could allow us a menu option to rejoin (no such option exists, I looked hard for it today!), or skip it (incurring a penalty for skipping out, of course).

Please look a bit harder at this possible problem and solution. To see teams lose battles due to players unable to play (WoWS flaw), is not what you want, nor do I. Then to penalize players who encounter the problem is adding insult to injury.

What I am saying is that create the rejoin option which has been alleged in another thread today. I do not see one. And turn off the blue fire if disconnected. I suspect I got mine by my team ramming ME to get me to receive that penalty. They would have done so out of anger themselves, thus this ticket is also on their behalf.

Lastly, I can anticipate the kind of responses I will get from this, so I am not going to pay it any attention ('notify me of replies' is turned OFF). I am logging off the site, and returning to my own life. I feel that I have done my duty by reporting this ongoing error. I have also provided solution which might stop these types of reports in the future.

It is up to WoWS to fix this, or let us continue to get robbed and mistreated. How WE react is OUR decision.

By the way, after fighting over 10,000 battles in World of Tanks, I no longer play that game for similar reasons. It has been 3 1\2 years that game is collecting dust, and tanks are my FAVORITE type of fighting!. Just saying.....ships are lesser to me, and I am having issues with WoWS. I own WoWP but planes aren't my thing at all.

For game play, I applaud you. For technical support, you are cutting corners.

I suspect in the end this was short term server problem with WoWS. I must pay the price of a 6 battle penalty for whatever my ship did, or had done to it, while not being permitted to play. WoWS needs to re-check our so-called ability to rejoin. That would solve some of this issue.

Again, I do not have the time to hang around and listen to replies. I have already spent about two hours on this, coupled with another post on a different forum. I apologize that I did not find this one first. But bug this is, and it has an easy solution.

Let us rejoin a battle in progress which we were part of. Make it so. Most other games do.

I will just have to work off the improper punishment of 6 battles I received from this flaw.

• Boring 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,056 posts
17,200 battles

@Phloyd113 Get grip and get over yourself. The warnings an penalties for unsporting conduct and team damage/killing apply to every player equally. Grow up.

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles

Yeah, I'll just play something else. Even as I am working off the pink. Giving up. Lack of concern over being treated unfairly. Yes I am aware that the noobs will complain. I am not a noob.

Lock it and ignore the problem. that will fix it, sure!

Argh! Why even bother anymore.

Do what you will, This clearly will be used as embarrassment against me when all I am doing is trying to help. Again, why bother. It is too easy to find a different game to play.

But game forums have been a problem eve since they were created. This is a support forum. the public should not be able to intimidate here.

The Public has no decorum.

• Angry 1

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles

Well, THAT just softened the blow. I just received a HUGE container with 1000 doubloons. Is this a buyout of my reporting here? A way to shut me up?

Believe me, after this, I return to my own life. I have done my duty and reported a problem to WoWS. It is a problem which they can fix and we cannot. This has been reported through the Chain of Command, and my part in it is to live with its results, and hope that Command avoids this in the future.

My fellow sailors and commanders have their own opinions. This affected me and others at times, I have heard, thus not fixed yet.

Community Department
2,812 posts
820 battles
28 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

Well, THAT just softened the blow. I just received a HUGE container with 1000 doubloons. Is this a buyout of my reporting here? A way to shut me up?

Believe me, after this, I return to my own life. I have done my duty and reported a problem to WoWS. It is a problem which they can fix and we cannot. This has been reported through the Chain of Command, and my part in it is to live with its results, and hope that Command avoids this in the future.

My fellow sailors and commanders have their own opinions. This affected me and others at times, I have heard, thus not fixed yet.

We don't have any impact on the system which can result that way. So this is not more than wishful thinking.
Since you started this topic without reacting somehow in constructive way on previous one I should unhide and add this, to have a whole vision about your concerns:

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
16 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

We don't have any impact on the system which can result that way. So this is not more than wishful thinking.
Since you started this topic without reacting somehow in constructive way on previous one I should unhide and add this, to have a whole vision about your concerns:

I feel this response to be inappropriate. This is what makes ANY forums to be senseless. What this does is ask your customer to not even come here using belittling tactics.

So, I will instead leave it as I did.

I performed my duty and reported a flaw to my command. It is now the duty of command as to its disposition.

I do not hold the rank to pursue this further. It IS likely that I DO have the advantage of life experience, as well as within customer service and support (I am retired, if that helps you guess).

This problem is likely to occur only rarely. My guess would be less than 1\10000 battles, perhaps even longer odds. I have been playing a lot lately, and this is the only hiccup I have encountered. It is a good game. I enjoy it. However, part of the issue is how can we get out without this penalty occurring? For instance, had I already had a count of penalties to work off, this would put into the penalty box (Co-op only, and losing credits ).

When considering the overall impact of this event, there are several concerns which can be brought up. Particularly since this occurred in a random battle, which has meaning (we lost, so...).

Though again, pretty long odds of its occurrence,. and the solution is to ensure that we can reconnect to the game and get back in the fight.

I have read responses which suggest that such a utility is in the game, but I looked hard for it and couldn't locate it. I would expect it to be with a right click on the ship itself while in the port menu. That would be the logical place.

So, please stop thinking that I am an [edited]. Yes I am, but this is a problem with a solution. And some people say it exists in WoWS.

Now, shall we talk about this? Or can I trust that WoWS will look into such a recovery?

(geez)

True, that first post had me angry. Understand that I was checking through my ships getting my 1st win of the day. I do not like being pink, close to being restricted because the game failed once. I was trying to get IMMEDIATE attention for an immediate solution. Alas, there is none.

(again, geez)

Put yourself in our place. We are just trying to enjoy playing the game. Most do not just join a battle and go afk. I never do. When this happened and I took the penalty, it set me off. ANYTHING which is unfair sets me off. So, I felt the need first to see if I could get the penalty removed immediately. Again, League of Legends has live appeals, and WoWS has live moderators. A live response is possible.

(more geez)

The in-game reporting will never resolve a problem in a timely fashion. I went down that road, but that WGCheck just disagreed with me as this is not a problem here (again, successful games both before and since).

(lastly geez)

So tell me. Is there a way right now for a disconnected player to return to the battle in progress? If so, how?

If that is here and works, that solves the problem. There would have been  no penalty assessed to me since I would have returned and fought.

P.S. Geez! Please stop with the ridicule! It is totally unnecessary. Calm down if you are in Customer Service. Even when the customer is angry, that is the most important time to be calm.

P.P.S. Do not prejudge these reports as if I left the game as a losing effort (rage quit), because as CS, you need to NEVER take that approach.