Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Phloyd113

Topic content deleted by OP

41 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles

Ok, then. OP REQUESTS that this topic be LOCKED!

I am unable to close this topic, so instead,  I will delete its contents.

PLEASE STOP so the notifications can go silent. I no longer care, just as WoWS wants it.

There will be no addressing this issue. WoWS will not believe they have a fault.

Edited by Phloyd113
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles

I hate to be the one to break it to you

2 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

WoWS might want to look into adding software which allows players to rejoin games which gets disconnected. We should be able to fully restart the client and rejoin.

^^^^^ This solution already exist.... The server dont award pink games (The only exception I found) when players return to the game within the 20min allowed.

IF you're pink is because

• You did not make it in the 20 min time
  • You played co-op and well those game dont last long for anyone to have time to return. But if you did what I noted above and you attempted to get back in. Again, you're good.

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles

If it happens again, just alt-tab and restart your PC. Then you should be able to rejoin, because it looks like you were involuntarily removed.

The problem with actually hitting ESC and leaving the battle, is that the server doesn't know why you're doing it, it just knows that you left voluntarily.

I've never played LoL, if you leave a battle, do you have to rejoin the ongoing battle, or do you have the option to start a new one without waiting for the current one to finish?

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles

And I quickly got a 'boring' emoticon (make that 2 as I compose this). I guess that tells me that this happens so frequently that we just have to get used to zero customer support.

With now 2 'boring' emoticons, that proves that his is a long standing problem. It can be fixed, but not without getting the attention of those who should fix it. By applying the 'boring' emoticons, you assist WoWS to not do the tiny things to make their game better. Why are you getting in the way

My money goes elsewhere since it will not pay for the support I require to ignore their design flaws.

As I said, all they need is to build it so that players can rejoin if they get disconnected, even game rage.

Many other games do that. Such a design would have avoided this, and apparently many other such complaints. I spent my career in troubleshooting, much of it new software. The secret to success is to built it so that the user can often correct it themselves. To allow a player to re-connect to a game in progress of which they are part is in place in the industry.

Why have apparently so many issues such as this when it can be easily solved by writing a bit of code?

I lose faith with such companies when the fix is available, but not implemented.

Is there some other argument against allowing players to rejoin battles?

( just got a reply which I need to query more on, so this is what this is, for now)

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
741 posts
26,395 battles
9 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

<snip>

I tried everything I could think of to correct this (went through settings , pressed ESC, etc.), but could not. I then decided to leave the battle, hooping the client would allow me to rejoin (there are games which not only all;ow it, but require it. League of Legends is one). When I re-started the game fully, I still had to wait until the game in progress ended. We lost, and I  got a sever unsports penalty of 6 BATTLES!

<snip>

That was your misstep. What you should have done is run task manager and kill the game. That way, the game treats it as a disconnect/game crash and will then allow you to rejoin the battle. Quitting/leaving the battle is used when your ship is already dead and you have no interest in following the rest of the battle. 

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^^^ This solution already exist.... The server dont award pink games (The only exception I found) when players return to the game within the 20min allowed.

• You played co-op and well those game dont last long for anyone to have time to return. But if you did what I noted above and you attempted to get back in. Again, you're good.

I think what happened is that he voluntarily left the battle using the menu, and the game has no way to tell why, as a camera bug is on the client, not the server.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,767 posts

I empathize, I have had the client hang up and had to restart. Sometimes you can reconnect to the match, sometimes not. Pink is not a big deal and it won't go away on it's own. There is no shame with it. Just have to work it off. We've all been there

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I tried well within the 20 minutes. And the battle was still in progress as the port screen assured me. I do not know about that 20 minute permission, but if so, that didn't work, either. That would be just what the doctor ordered, but that failed.

• Confused 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,767 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

I think what happened is that he voluntarily left the battle using the menu, and the game has no way to tell why, as a camera bug is on the client, not the server.

Didn't pick up on that. I kill the client or reboot

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
1 minute ago, h9k_a said:

That was your misstep. What you should have done is run task manager and kill the game. That way, the game treats it as a disconnect/game crash and will then allow you to rejoin the battle. Quitting/leaving the battle is used when your ship is already dead and you have no interest in following the rest of the battle. 

Did that because the game would not close on its own. Task manager was the only way I could close it.

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
1 minute ago, h9k_a said:

To be fair, especially if he has a different experience with a different game, it's not as intuitive with a camera issue as it would be with say, a latency issue.

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

I empathize, I have had the client hang up and had to restart. Sometimes you can reconnect to the match, sometimes not. Pink is not a big deal and it won't go away on it's own. There is no shame with it. Just have to work it off. We've all been there

Truthfully, I agree. I see pink all the time, and I pay it no attention unless that pink begins shooting friendlies. It is an embarrassment, but the bigger deal is that this easily fixed. I am reading that it SHOULD be, but that failed, too.

• Confused 1

[GTA]
Members
56 posts
12,515 battles

OP, if you left the battle and exited back to the port screen what happened to you is exactly what should happen.  You'll be pink for 2 games and that will be the end of it.  Big deal.  

Next time as others have stated kill the game client from windows and restart it.  Assuming the match is still ongoing you'll be placed right back in the match.  

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If it happens again, just alt-tab and restart your PC. Then you should be able to rejoin, because it looks like you were involuntarily removed.

The problem with actually hitting ESC and leaving the battle, is that the server doesn't know why you're doing it, it just knows that you left voluntarily.

I've never played LoL, if you leave a battle, do you have to rejoin the ongoing battle, or do you have the option to start a new one without waiting for the current one to finish?

Lol is fully forceful about it. If yo leave a fight in progress, you re disconnected. When you re-start the client, it places you in that fight, Yo ave no choice. I coudl see giving the option, or forcing it as LoL does.

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Oh! Did I leave out the non-obvious factor ???? If this is true then its USER Error then WG...

To the OP... Leaving early is a 2 pink game penalty... STOP IT

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
1 minute ago, cheapinkc said:

OP, if you left the battle and exited back to the port screen what happened to you is exactly what should happen.  You'll be pink for 2 games and that will be the end of it.  Big deal.  

Next time as others have stated kill the game client from windows and restart it.  Assuming the match is still ongoing you'll be placed right back in the match.  

It is 6 BATTLES, not 2. I woudl shrug it off for the 2. You see, when testing at the start of the game, I tried maneuvering my ship.  I could, but the camera would not follow (hell, sounds like you didn't read the post).part of that testing includes trying to move the ship. I could. But because of other efforts to regain fully, the ship went unmonitored, thus likely rammed a teammate. We had 4 afk's at the start, I recall seeing one message to that effect. it could be that my own team rammed us all to give us those penalties.

• Confused 1

[WOLF5]
Members
741 posts
26,395 battles
3 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

Did that because the game would not close on its own. Task manager was the only way I could close it.

Did you hit escape to exit at any point in time? All of us have killed the task to fix the CV UI bug that supposedly was finally fixed this last patch. I've never not had the 2 game status removed. My guess is that either you tried to exit battle using the escape dialog or you have been pink recently so it compounded the warning status. 

Members
425 posts
3,610 battles

I thought the leaving early penalty would be 2 games pink, but the OP says he drew a 6 game pink.  Sounds like more going on here?

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,056 posts
17,200 battles

You did not get penalized. The penalty is being browned and restricted to co op.

You received an unsporting conduct warning.  It applies  to all. 

You are not SPECIAL! Grow up and get over it!

i

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Where can I find this 20 minute rejoin technical definition? I was well within it, thus it failed.

• Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles
1 minute ago, HayabusaZ said:

I thought the leaving early penalty would be 2 games pink, but the OP says he drew a 6 game pink.  Sounds like more going on here?

To me the OP just wants to leave the game W/O a warning...

Members
27 posts
1,385 battles
Just now, HayabusaZ said:

There is. I had tried moving my ship. Either it rammed a friendly or my fellow friendlies rammed me in such a way to make me incur the penalty. I am a veteran and try my best to avoid blue damage. Franly, I am giving up on this, WoWS has a failure here,and caused me grief. The general response is for me to get over it, when asking WoWS to ensure that we have a method to get back into a game when the server\client is an issue.

• Confused 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,767 posts
2 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

Where can I find this 20 minute rejoin technical definition? I was well within it, thus it failed.

Sometimes you can't rejoin. I usually get it my Hashidate and work it off in Coop at T1; goes fast easy to stay from others away and not have further penalty. 

[TBW]
Members
8,008 posts
14,639 battles
28 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

WoWS might want to look into adding software which allows players to rejoin games which gets disconnected.

You can reconnect but you need a fast computer to do it.

[O7]
Members
1,179 posts
14,479 battles
27 minutes ago, Phloyd113 said:

I then decided to leave the battle

This is the problem. You abandoned the match. If you had force crashed or just closed the game while in battle, it would have loaded you right back up into the battle. Being pink happens to everyone, and it will happen again whether by server error or your own, but it has no real impact at all on your or your gameplay so just play the six games and move on. I've been pink probably 20 times, 10 of which were server errors, 4 intentional, and maybe 6 accidental team damage. Happens to everyone, its fine.