You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramagar_RoK

Question..

14 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
293 posts
6,638 battles

Is there any way a Fletcher can get their torpedo reload under 60 seconds?  I just ran into this..and it was constantly under 60 seconds.  I don;t know if this is legit.  I ran the Fletcher for a LONG time and never came close to what this guy was doing.

[BURG]
[BURG]
Members
54 posts
2,141 battles

Have a replay? Would be very helpful.

[TROLO]
Members
338 posts
7,248 battles
8 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Is there any way a Fletcher can get their torpedo reload under 60 seconds?  I just ran into this..and it was constantly under 60 seconds.  I don;t know if this is legit.  I ran the Fletcher for a LONG time and never came close to what this guy was doing.

Just looked it up, the absolute best torp reload for a Fletcher is 65 seconds (with TTM3 + TAE + AR with 1% health), the stock torps and the same scenario would raise the reload to 74,9 seconds so it's impossible to reach under 60 seconds with it. Close? Yes, but never under the minute mark.

[5BS]
Members
7,614 posts
14 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Yes and the cheats that exist would not alter this.

If you combined all reload boosting options: TBM3, -15%, TAE, -10%, and AR, at 50% health, you can get it down to ~64 seconds.

The way WGing has set things up like reloads are all server side, so it is more or less impossible to actually CHEAT that, short of actually accessing and altering in real time their server settings (which beyond the normal issues of cheating, would be straight illegal in all jurisdictions). Most of the existing functional cheats for WoWs are texture mods and Lead indicators.

Edited by _RC1138

[TROLO]
Members
338 posts
7,248 battles
16 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

If you combined all reload boosting options: TBM3, -15%, TAE, -10%, and AR, at 50% health, you can get it down to ~64 seconds.

No, with that and AR at 50% you have 73 second reload. Even at 1% health you only go down to 65 seconds.

Here, check it out if you don't trust me: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASD021&modules=12221&upgrades=122223&commander=PCW001&skills=2686763009&ar=50&consumables=111&lang=en

-Members-
272 posts
3,159 battles
12 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Just looked it up, the absolute best torp reload for a Fletcher is 65 seconds (with TTM3 + TAE + AR with 1% health), the stock torps and the same scenario would raise the reload to 74,9 seconds so it's impossible to reach under 60 seconds with it. Close? Yes, but never under the minute mark.

10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Yes and the cheats that exist would not alter this.

The way WGing has set things up like reloads are all server side, so it is more or less impossible to actually CHEAT that, short of actually accessing and altering in real time their server settings (which beyond the normal issues of cheating, would be straight illegal in all jurisdictions). Most of the existing functional cheats for WoWs are texture mods and Lead indicators.

Good morning @Ramagar_RoK,

Both @XurMPand @_RC1138have the info right on the best reload speed. Thank you both for that. 

Could the Fletcher you were playing against have been alternating firing 1 set of tubes and then the second 30-40  seconds later? Alternating the shots? I have used this strategy when I was "Strategically Departing" an area at high speed. If you  do have concerns please send in a ticket and with the replay, if you have, or any data you have in, please.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,476 posts
10,544 battles
2 hours ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Is there any way a Fletcher can get their torpedo reload under 60 seconds?

Oh I wish, but probably never happen. 😄 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,234 posts
19,617 battles

Another one of your crazed threads.  Just like this one:

You have no proof.

Where is the Replay?  There's a subfolder for it in your WoWS directory.

\World_of_Warships\replays

And when you present the replay, show the moment you're talking about.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SUCIT]
Members
332 posts
13,911 battles

one other thing to keep in mind that we don't know and only guess on because we have no replay to look at: could of been another DD stalking you that also has 2x5 torp launchers, and they were alternating between reloads.

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,476 battles
4 hours ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

This can APEAR to happen if you are closing on the DD.

If the DD is “kiting”, but allowing you to close range , or is approaching you, then the difference in spotting time is not the reload time, but the reload time minus the (decrease in distance between you and the DD, since the last spotting, divided by the torpedo speed).

The above is a bit of a simplification; it depends on the change in how far the different sets of torpedoes have traveled; which will hinge upon the change in distance between ships at the respective launch points,  torpedo path and your ship path since launch...

But if you’re closing on the DD, the reload time will appear shorter. The thing to bear in mind is you seldom see the launch of the torpedo, your seeing the torpedoes after they have been on their way for some time.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
For completeness
  • Cool 1

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

This can APEAR to happen if you are closing on the DD.

*snip*

Exactly right.  OP has no idea when the torps were actually launched because of time lapse/distance travelled.

If the first set had travelled for 20 seconds before he saw them and the second set only traveled for 5 seconds before being spotted then it would seem that they were only 45 seconds or so apart...but that obviously isnt the case.  

[REVY]
Members
1,520 posts
9,569 battles

Another possibility which requires the replay:  Was their a second DD in the area? Possibly unspotted?