You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

Benham and Hill coming in 0.8.5 Rogue Wave Event

61 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles

Event Starts June 27

Hill is earned by completing all of the Event Directives

Benham is earned via Fuel tokens

Earning Fuel Tokens

For completing all Directives of the Rogue Wave event—up to 250 tokens

From Daily Shipments—up to 50 tokens

For completing economic missions in Savage Battles—up to 300 tokens

For completing Daily Missions—up to 150 tokens

For completing a special marathon (complete 48 missions out of 50)—100 tokens.

Max possible Fuel tokens awarded as a part of the event is 850 tokens

Benham requires 800 tokens

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/

• Cool 1

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles

I read the article but it wasn't very specific about just how much more it'll cost run the improved ships in the 4-way battles.  I assume it can break the bank if you're not careful.  Does anyone know?

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles

Well, I knew it was going to be a crazy grind for a tier IX destroyer, but... ouch. I’ll be more than happy to let this one pass. I’ve spent way too much time and effort grinding tokens over the last few months. Good luck to those who try.

• Cool 4

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
3 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I read the article but it wasn't very specific about just how much more it'll cost run the improved ships in the 4-way battles.  I assume it can break the bank if you're not careful.  Does anyone know?

I would assume that if you do good it won't end up costing you. Each upgrade just costs more after battle, it dosen't say how much more.

• Cool 1

Members
430 posts
11,911 battles
5 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

What do you mean? In repair costs? I'd imagine it would be pretty low since they'd be "premium" ships. 

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles
Just now, saintsfan1622000 said:

What do you mean? In repair costs? I'd imagine it would be pretty low since they'd be "premium" ships.

The article says that it costs more to refit the upgraded ships.

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles
3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Well, I knew it was going to be a crazy grind for a tier IX destroyer, but... ouch. I’ll be more than happy to let this one pass. I’ve spent way too much time and effort grinding tokens over the last few months. Good luck to those who try.

Expect it to drive a lot of container sales.  While getting 800 out of 850 possible tokens is doable, many will opt out of the grind and purchase the containers.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

Thank you WG for spelling out exactly how many tokens I can get from each of the various things. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
396 posts
7,450 battles

at first glance I read the topic as "Benny Hill . . ."

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
12,925 posts
8,245 battles
10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I knew it was going to be a crazy grind for a tier IX destroyer

And so it should be, but the ability to win one for free (no obligation to purchase those last few tokens if you can grind hard enough!) is probably worth it for some people.

I'm going to take the viewpoint that I'll see how many I've got by the end and how much that brings the price down. In the meantime I'm fairly confident of being able to get the Hill. 

• Cool 1

[PTRGT]
Members
334 posts
32,860 battles
9 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Yep I'm getting tired of all the grind missions. Its been going on since before Christmas without a single week break

...and Fuel Tokens Wargaming? What's next Carbon Tokens, then Ice tokens and so on and so on :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles

On a related note , did anyone else want camos for BBs and Cruisers?  I know I did but with the emphasis on DDs they probably didn't have time for the other ships.  I'm trying to imagine a post apocalyptic Yamato.

[-K-]
Members
6,697 posts
11,183 battles
13 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Almost guaranteed there will be crates you can buy to get more tokens to ease the grind.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,925 posts
8,245 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Almost guaranteed there will be crates you can buy to get more tokens to ease the grind.

Guaranteed (background colours do not paste over well; I tried). https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/ Close to the bottom.

Short on tokens? You can always purchase the Premium variant of Rogue Wave containers that drop:

• 15 Fuel tokens.
  • One of the following: 50,000 Commander Elite XP; 10,000 Coal; 7 days of Warships Premium Account; 1,000,000 credits; or 5x Type 59 camouflages.
  • One of the following: 5x expendable "Post-Apocalypse" camouflage; 400 doubloons; or the special "The Master of the Water World" camouflage for one of the Tier X destroyers.
Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And so it should be, but the ability to win one for free (no obligation to purchase those last few tokens if you can grind hard enough!) is probably worth it for some people.

I'm going to take the viewpoint that I'll see how many I've got by the end and how much that brings the price down. In the meantime I'm fairly confident of being able to get the Hill. 

I agree. What’s the going price of a tier IX destroyer? I don’t think there are any available for cash, but... $50? I can understand WG making this a very difficult reward to get. I just don’t play enough destroyers to make the grind worth it.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,925 posts
8,245 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

I agree. What’s the going price of a tier IX destroyer? I don’t think there are any available for cash, but... $50? I can understand WG making this a very difficult reward to get. I just don’t play enough destroyers to make the grind worth it.

Tier 9 premium ships that go for money have hitherto gone in the region of $100 Canadian, so maybe $80 US. It will be interesting to see the price of the containers, which will determine the break-point of the grind for making the purchase worthwhile. Given that you will need 54 of them (54 x 15 is 810; 53 is not quite enough) to get the Benham with no grinding at all, some level of grinding will be required to make it not-prohibitively-expensive.

That being said, the contents are potentially quite lucrative. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles
21 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

...and Fuel Tokens Wargaming? What's next Carbon Tokens, then Ice tokens and so on and so on :Smile_facepalm:

Eventually there will be Token tokens. These will be meta-tokens that can be exchanged for other tokens (or vice versa).

You heard it here first

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
12,925 posts
8,245 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

Eventually there will be Token tokens. These will be meta-tokens that can be exchanged for other tokens (or vice versa).

We already had this during the British Carriers event. Crowns to Florins. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Guaranteed (background colours do not paste over well; I tried). https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/rogue-wave/ Close to the bottom.

Short on tokens? You can always purchase the Premium variant of Rogue Wave containers that drop:

• 15 Fuel tokens.
  • One of the following: 50,000 Commander Elite XP; 10,000 Coal; 7 days of Warships Premium Account; 1,000,000 credits; or 5x Type 59 camouflages.
  • One of the following: 5x expendable "Post-Apocalypse" camouflage; 400 doubloons; or the special "The Master of the Water World" camouflage for one of the Tier X destroyers.

Other than the tokens, the only enticing thing for me would be the EXP.  I have more than enough of the others and don't care about the camo.

[-K-]
Members
6,697 posts
11,183 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you were to get lucky and score multiple drops of 10,000 coal and/or 50,000 commander XP, it would certainly sweeten the pot.

The coal alone will help buy more ships in the armory, so it becomes a bonus to some degree (but only if you're lucky).

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tier 9 premium ships that go for money have hitherto gone in the region of $100 Canadian, so maybe $80 US. It will be interesting to see the price of the containers, which will determine the break-point of the grind for making the purchase worthwhile. Given that you will need 54 of them (54 x 15 is 810; 53 is not quite enough) to get the Benham with no grinding at all, some level of grinding will be required to make it not-prohibitively-expensive.

Well, tier 8 DDs go for $40-43 US, so I’d be shocked if it’s more than $55-60 or so. All the current tier IXs in the shop at $80 US are either battleships or super cruisers. I can understand selling those classes at the same price, but given WG’s pricing model for lower tiers I can’t see the ship going for that price, and I’m not certain they’d get many sales if they did. But who knows, it’s the first ever tier 9/10 premium DD that isn’t available for steel - some might just pay that.

[WOLFC]
Members
168 posts
7,442 battles
20 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

Yep I'm getting tired of all the grind missions. Its been going on since before Christmas without a single week break

Yep another grind pay fest, and the reward is CV food. Don't want to sound negative, but nope on this one. Especially if it massively eats into my credits. Also, not a big fan of these off the wall camos. Would be nice if the offed a choice between the historical one like measure 22 or the weird camo.

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We already had this during the British Carriers event. Crowns to Florins. 

Yes, but these meta tokens would be exchanged for all token currencies.  (Not really, as the tokens go away in exchange for credit at some point.  I'm just being a jerk :-)

• Cool 1