TheURLGuy

Rogue Wave: The Full Guide

138 comments in this topic

[WGA]
WG Staff
655 posts
719 battles

Nine modified destroyers in a brand new four-team game mode, an array of post-apocalyptic camouflages, and enclosing Wall of Fire that forces close-quarters brawls.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 2

Members
215 posts

Halloween is not till October. Why does the dev team waist time on this nonsense instead of fixing the bugs that exist in the games?? 

My Tier 1 USS Erie has been accumulating XP since the the 0.8.0 update. And still has not been fixed. I don't even play that ship. That and random

lockups.

• Cool 17
  • Angry 2

[TBW]
Members
8,028 posts
14,645 battles

2 new premiums I'm in.

1 minute ago, JustinOldDude said:

Halloween is not till October.

They decided the Halloween team of devs wasn't working hard enough they now have 2 tasks per year.

12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

For the kids, this might work for them.  For me, I just can't see myself "playing a kiddie arcade game" that has no resemblance to WW2

The whole game is an arcade game and non of it besides a couple of models, resembles WW2.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 3

[WOLFG]
Members
217 posts
7,368 battles

The Benham looks like a souped up Fletcher.  16 torps, 10.5km range, and detectability range of only 5.9km after skills and camo. Gonna suck going against those in BBs, lol.  I normally don't play DDs, but I kinda want the Benham.

• Cool 4

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
771 posts
3,287 battles

I just wonder how hard the directives for USS Hill will be?

Also, I hope we can actually earn 800 tokens to get Benham instead of having to spend a dollar to buy a few extra tokens at the end of the grind, like with a couple of other ships (i.e. Cossack).

Edited by destawaits
  • Cool 1

[BARON]
[BARON]
Members
366 posts
5,371 battles

I've already decided to buy the special premium camo for my Yueyang, that way it might not be able to out-gun or out-torp the Gearing, but it will be able to out-intimidate and out-cool it. Unless said Gearing is also wearing post-apoc camo.... 😭

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,763 posts
18,972 battles

It's cool that we can earn 2 premium destroyers.... but I didnt really care for torpedo beats during April fools or this rogue wave mode on PTS. Sort of stinks I'll have to play a mode I dont enjoy to get something for free. My point is I wish I could do this on randoms as well.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
50 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

OK, I read it on the portal....  For the kids, this might work for them.  For me, I just can't see myself "playing a kiddie arcade game" that has no resemblance to WW2: which is, WG's "value proposition"....  The rewards and this new economy forces you to "buy loot boxes" to make it work it seems....ouch.   Oh-Kay, that doesn't work for me either......and, I play a lot everyday in this game.

Good luck with this.  I'd prefer a Naval battle from WW2, with real ships and real missions, to see how the outcomes would be different if the Commanders used history as a storyline and we implemented the battle differently.....  Of course, the kiddies haven't even studied WW2 and this "Mad Max" at sea is all they seem to know anymore....  Sorry, this just "let's me down"......  Again, not something that makes me want to spend another penny on the game.....

I agree with you 1000000000000% on this, Asym.  I'm increasingly disgusted by all the time, effort, and resources wasted on these damned silly events.  And it really ticks me off the Benham and the Hill are tied to this event.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,431 posts
16,832 battles
1 hour ago, TheURLGuy said:

Nine modified destroyers in a brand new four-team game mode, an array of post-apocalyptic camouflages, and enclosing Wall of Fire that forces close-quarters brawls.

Another arcady offering for 8 year olds.

• Cool 11

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
771 posts
3,287 battles

To be honest, I'm not really enthused about this event. Since it's a combination of Arms Race, Halloween Battle Royale, and Torpedo Beats mode, it doesn't feel any different from what we've done before. It's as if they're recycling old ideas while offering nothing new. Not really a fan of the post-apocalyptic setting either (what's with the saws in the front of the DDs?).

Edited by destawaits
  • Cool 4

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

At this point, would be good to hear, from WG devs, is this the preferred direction(by the company),where the game is heading ??? More and more fantasy ,arcade stuff for the kids ???

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
9 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Sigh

I have to grind to get the ship I want in an event I don't wanna play

fantastic:Smile_facepalm:

My feelings exactly, silverdahc.

• Cool 2

[P2W]
Members
349 posts
9,900 battles
4 minutes ago, DDsSmokeOverpenRNGBounce said:

This does not appear to be particularly historical. 

First actual out loud laugh of the day - well done.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GONE]
Members
121 posts
3,578 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

OK, I read it on the portal....  For the kids, this might work for them.  For me, I just can't see myself "playing a kiddie arcade game" that has no resemblance to WW2: which is, WG's "value proposition"....  The rewards and this new economy forces you to "buy loot boxes" to make it work it seems....ouch.   Oh-Kay, that doesn't work for me either......and, I play a lot everyday in this game.

Good luck with this.  I'd prefer a Naval battle from WW2, with real ships and real missions, to see how the outcomes would be different if the Commanders used history as a storyline and we implemented the battle differently.....  Of course, the kiddies haven't even studied WW2 and this "Mad Max" at sea is all they seem to know anymore....  Sorry, this just "let's me down"......  Again, not something that makes me want to spend another penny on the game.....

I AGREE! Also with JustinOldDude's "Why does the dev team waste time on this nonsense instead of fixing the bugs that exist in the games??"  

You know what those bugs are... we've been pointing them out forever! For instance, my CV pounded a DD with AP & the brain dead coder gave me 4% penetration! What a crock! I'm trying to resist, but I find myself thinking more & more about looking for a game that makes more sense. 
Think about that for a while!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts

Sad. Last year we got a tier 10 perm camo. This year we get a loot box with a 1% chance of having a camo, and if you get lucky, it still won't be for the ship you want.

The Benham looks nice, but the Marathon will prolly have some landmines in it, so you'll come up just short.

42 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Another arcady offering for 8 year olds.

Given that the game is marketed to 6 year olds, (or people that have suffered a severe brain injury), I'd say that's a step up.

• Cool 4

Members
919 posts
33,307 battles
53 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Sigh

I have to grind to get the ship I want in an event I don't wanna play

fantastic:Smile_facepalm:

This. Sure a lot of us feel that way...

please don't turn game into arcade more and more

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,759 posts
15,470 battles

Eh, I like that they take a break every now and then to have some fun with the game. Their content release cycle has been consistent for about a year now: 2-3 months arcs built around historical lines culminating in a tech tree release, then 1 month off for "something completely different".

But seriously, a lot of the ideas in this event originated in the community. People have been asking for battle royale for years, and now they have it. Torpedo Beat was relatively well-received in April, and this is its (not as crazily sped-up) return. I know I've been wanting an event where I can play with my friends and clanmates, and it has that as well.

I get that if this isn't your thing, but you had your heart set on Benham, this is going to be a pain. Nothing to be done there right now unless you're going to mega-whale and try to buy 800 tokens, 15 tokens at a time. But honestly, a change of pace every now and again isn't a bad thing.

• Cool 11

[ROTTN]
Members
16 posts
5,029 battles

Are the directives going to be timed for completion? Or can they stack. I will be at a wedding from 6/28-7/4 and will not be in access to my computer. I wish there was a way to mobile access the daily reward at least. I am trying to get a old laptop running to at least open of WoWS to get daily reward. When I get back I will need to burn through the directives if they do stack. I really want both DD's up for grabs.  Can anyone who has the answers for the directives tag me in the answer? Thank you

[RQL]
Privateers
280 posts
10,715 battles

An important thing to keep in mind is that new features are often tested in these events. Mutiple teams, contracting battle field, a new twist on Arms Race, all fun things they're giving a whirl. While I get the historical aspects of the game, I don't mind them spreading their wings every so often to expand their player base. 

I already want this mode for Tournament play after playing it in PT :) .  

• Cool 1