You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree.

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles

I did a lot of playing in Japanese ships for the Philippine Sea stuff. Even took the Ishizuchi out, because it was a T4-friendly event.

After that, I needed some variety. Monarch and Richelieu got their turns, and I showed an unlucky Worcester player that even the reviled Monarch can deliver a paddlin' if you sail broadside to it. 

Have embarked on a semi-concentrated Furious grind, which means that I will try to score at least 3000 XP a day in it, and by the end of August T8 should be mine. She gets priority over Ranger and Shokaku because the British CV event gave us a permacamo for her.

Members
125 posts
9,650 battles

Used my US ships all weekend for the Phillippine Sea stuff.  Saturday played mostly coop with some randoms thrown in after work.

Sunday played a bunch of randoms with some coop thrown in.  Finished the mission and got the 10k coal.  Used my coupon and bought the Georgia.  Played the first game in coop with her without adding any modules or skills, just to see how it would work.  Very interesting.  Then added modules per LWM recommendation and played 2 more coop games.  Secondaries are definitely fun, and the main guns do damage.  Looking forward to playing her more.  Received a SC on my second crate of the day.  Got a LeTerrible in it!  Didn't play it yet, but a nice surprise to get a ship (I have a ton of premiums, so not many that I can get in a SC at this point in time; I was figuring flags or maybe coal).  Ended the day playing my Salem in a random match, and had an awesome game (for me).  Made a good contribution to the team and ended up the top scorer on the winning side.

[H_]
Members
542 posts
10,023 battles

NARI - pretty much spent the weekend playing it.  Different ships but with the Philippine Sea stuff was using mostly American cruisers.  Some great matches and some not so great matches.  Played a few Random matches but not many.

Otherwise a pretty an uneventful weekend.

Edited by S16_Hunter
content.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
21 minutes ago, chrisope said:

Played the first game in coop with her without adding any modules or skills, just to see how it would work.

This is always a good thing to do to establish a baseline for performance. The Wiki gives competent advice, but sometimes a particular playstyle is best suited by alternative modules.

Was the 10K coal the thing which got you enough to buy the ship? 

22 minutes ago, chrisope said:

Received a SC on my second crate of the day.  Got a LeTerrible in it!

VERY nice. She will be representative of the French destroyer playstyle, more so than the Aigle (which has a smokescreen).

23 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

NARI - pretty much spent the weekend playing it. 

I tried. Took the Lyon in, fought hard... and then at the point where the Massachusetts killed our lead transport ship, I noticed that a player in a KGV was AFK. It lost us the match. I was so disgusted and disheartened I walked away from ops for the weekend.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles

Played IJN just enough to qualify.  Finished up the Motherland event.  Thought it would be done yesterday, but found myself grinding for the last 500.  Hit every game mission yesterday.  :Smile_glasses:

No ships in the soviet containers I picked up through tokens :Smile_sad:

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

No ships in the soviet containers I picked up through tokens

Sorry to hear that. I got the Okhotnik on the third (including the Daily Supply one) and nothing thereafter. Several thousand more coal and lots of camo and flags. Throw in Murmansk and I am not unhappy with this patch at all. 

Despite the very flawed and mixed up in-game event counter, I think this actually finishes on Tuesday night. We shall see what this evening brings. 

Members
125 posts
9,650 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Was the 10K coal the thing which got you enough to buy the ship? 

No, I had plenty of coal (over 300k), was just waffling on pulling the trigger on Georgia, JB, or use the coupon on one of the steel ships (I have about 10k in steel I think).  The 10k coal is a good start replenishing my supply after spending the 171k (with coupon) for the Georgia.

[OO7]
Members
5,269 posts
12,088 battles

Ranked out on saturday, played like 2 random games. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles

Acquired several new ships: USS Texas, USS Marblehead, USS Pensacola, and KM Kaiser.

Finished Dunkirk, D-Day, and Midway with a mix of co-op and random. Halfway through Philippine Sea. I'll finish that tonight or tomorrow.

I tend to play co-op one tier higher than I play random, so I started playing Tier VI co-op and Tier V random.

Spent approximately 20,000,000 credits on ships and upgrades, and am now pretty much broke... and still have two modules to buy for USS Ranger, which I played a lot in co-op for the missions that could be done with CVs.

Downed a LOT of planes with Texas and Omaha, which I've AA spec'd.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sorry to hear that. I got the Okhotnik on the third (including the Daily Supply one) and nothing thereafter. Several thousand more coal and lots of camo and flags. Throw in Murmansk and I am not unhappy with this patch at all. 

Despite the very flawed and mixed up in-game event counter, I think this actually finishes on Tuesday night. We shall see what this evening brings. 

I was just commenting on my typical RNG.

Murmansk was the point.  Helps piling commander points on to my Derzki captain.

I liked the patch too, but I will be glad when it is over.  I could use a month of a little less gameplay.

[TORCH]
Members
200 posts
8,464 battles

I spent my weekend grinding out tokens.  This is the first event I've witnessed where the rewards were things I really wanted.  I concluded the most consistent - and probably fastest - way to accumulate tokens was to play coop with the hiest tier ship you can afford to play that way.  For me, that means I played T8 Cleveland all weekend, and every few games played my only T7 premium (Lazo, which I just got from the first half of the event), whenever the credit drain got too serious.  That would make up the lost credits in one or two games.  It was, indeed a grind, but worth it.  At least to me.  Over the two months I got Lazo, Murmansk and the Russian captain, with loose change left over for some premium time and a few signals.

My only fear is that, after all this coop time, I may have learned some bad habits I'll regret later...like today, if I decide to try to get somewhere on the last day of ranked.

Edited by Midshipman_Hornblower
corrected stupid typo

[SHAFT]
Members
606 posts
13,826 battles

Got all the event tasks done - Dunkirk etc. Tried my hand playing the USN tier 4-7 ships.

Overall this was the most disappointing weekend I have had playing warships. My mojo just seemed to be off and as a result my aim suffered tremendously.

Plus I just seemed to chose the times when the campers were out to play. Had a stretch of games where my team never moved forward one quadrant, just moved laterally from their spawn points trying to snipe. 

Even my usual safe space of Narai seemed poisoned as a number of 5 stars were dashed away because of totally incompetent teams.

[SYJ]
Members
124 posts
10,405 battles

Finished the Legendary Grind for Yamato -  well worth it. The shell groupings are as tight as a virgin on wedding night. 

Finished Philippine Sea.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,224 battles

Mostly Narai and randoms for Naval Battles.

Narai with random teams is so... ugh. Had a CO driver tell me he isnt fast enough to outrun the transports. Repurchased CO, easily outran the transports. Gave the MO have a full broadside at under 4km. Was at the Bot COs spawn when it appeared. Easy +250k damage. Seems to work fine for me. BBs chasing the bot transports. Dont want to lose a star at the risk losing the battle.. logic fail. Last night's final battle soloing in the Sinop. Only BB, two Atlanta's, a Yorck, and 3 DDs... holy crap, 5 stars. +1 all around.

Randoms.. finishing out my Naval battle attempts. RU DDs. Full AA build Groz no CV in 2 matches. Wrong side of a ROFLstomp for both. Break out Khaba to farm my way to the XP. CVs reappear. Hello Midway. Did you know rockets will shatter on Khaba's fantasy belt? He wouldn't let me cap so I chased him into a corner and beat him down. I started with 15k hp and finished with 4.5k. He started with 30k+ and finished with Zero. Gnyte shweethart. We win. 

[WOLFC]
Members
624 posts
5,129 battles

Spent a lot of time playing USN ships for the Philippine Sea competition, and got reaquainted with New Mexico (been sitting at that place in the grind forever) and Dallas (I forgot how fun that little ship can be). Also had multiple 5-star, 200k+ damage victories in Narai (Scharnhorst FTW) in no small part due to some excellent teams. All that and also ground out a few more tokens to take another shot at getting a ship mission from the containers. I didn’t, but I picked up Kutnetzov, Lazo, and a whole bunch of other goodies over the course of the event, so I can’t complain.

Edited by Nevermore135

[HELLS]
Members
2,256 posts
21,328 battles

Played enough Co-op and Random games in USN ships for the Phillipine Sea missions, finally got Bill Halsey as a 15-point captain, got Stage 1 in the Yamamoto missions done and the supercontainer final unlocked, and played exactly one game in Ranked in Des Moines, just to say I actually participated this season (a decent win with a good team BTW with no CVs-surprise surprise-thanks to the team!).

[TDD]
Members
1,133 posts
9,144 battles

didn't play at all saturday cause I went to the devildriver/static x concert had a blast  :)

Sunday, hopped on and was wracking up some nice wins playing through my favs, 5 wins in a row, then i took out my Alaska and it all went to s**t. couldn't get a win in Alaska for anything very disillusioned with her 4 straight losses and I gave up.