Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

So when *will* the Victory competion end??

25 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles

Count down expired early Saturday morning.  Now it's early Monday morning and the thing is still going on.  So when will it end?

Not complaining, I'd just like to know.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,933 posts
15,475 battles

When you earn 200 points which you could have used to buy kusnetsov, but you already spent 300 to buy marblehead cause you calculated there wasnt enough time left to earn the points.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,401 posts
16,809 battles

Was just logged-in in game and I think it's ended now.

[AFW]
Beta Testers
867 posts
14,635 battles

Just now.D

I hope all got that bloody Kutuzov... It was long month

Edited by Gandariel

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

but you already spent 300 to buy marblehead

It was Murmansk and she was 200 tokens. You should be a bit more careful with your content.

Most people who bought Murmansk early did so because they seriously anticipated not making 500 by the end, or figured they would rather have an easy T5 cruiser (or its doubloon value if they already had her) now and get the commander in the Armory for coal later.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
1 hour ago, Gandariel said:

Just now.D

I hope all got that bloody Kutuzov... It was long month

I assume you meant Kuznetsov, since Kutuzov wasn't available.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It was Murmansk and she was 200 tokens. You should be a bit more careful with your content.

Most people who bought Murmansk early did so because they seriously anticipated not making 500 by the end, or figured they would rather have an easy T5 cruiser (or its doubloon value if they already had her) now and get the commander in the Armory for coal later.

I could have gotten the captain, if I had missed two days instead of 4.  I never really considered trying for him.

[EQRN]
Members
1,318 posts
12,246 battles

Glad it’s over, running this style event for two patches gets to be not fun.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
Members
171 posts
12,106 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

When you earn 200 points which you could have used to buy kusnetsov, but you already spent 300 to buy marblehead cause you calculated there wasnt enough time left to earn the points.

SO TRUE :Smile_teethhappy: Ah well, given how slow my progress is up the Russian line Kuznetsov will probably show up in the armory right when I unlock Sovietsky Soyuz, so perfect timing.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
672 posts
5,009 battles

Crap was 50 points away from buying Kuznetsov.  Could have bought two crates to finish it off, oh well.  Unlike some I won’t blame WG for my poor attention to detail

[ADR]
Beta Testers
113 posts
8,286 battles
23 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Crap was 50 points away from buying Kuznetsov.  Could have bought two crates to finish it off, oh well.  Unlike some I won’t blame WG for my poor attention to detail

You can still buy them, you just can't earn them anymore.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
7 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Exactly!  ('Cept I didn't want the bote so I spent on crates and signals.)  I was on target for the commander when our internet went out for three days, so decided I couldn't get him.

On this schedule I could have.  :Smile_sad:

[_RNG_]
Members
709 posts
5,625 battles
2 hours ago, missile742 said:

@missile742 you still can buy those crates. I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: oh, @Cereberus99 beat me to it...

Edited by Jester_of_War

[VW]
Members
2,933 posts
15,475 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They are both equally worthless. But thanks for pointing it out :cap_like:

[VW]
Members
2,933 posts
15,475 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Exactly!  ('Cept I didn't want the bote so I spent on crates and signals.)  I was on target for the commander when our internet went out for three days, so decided I couldn't get him.

On this schedule I could have.  :Smile_sad:

That sucks. The same happened to me for the warspite. I got the gallant, but imagine my disappointment!

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles

It was announced.  Odd I didn't notice it.

Changes to the Rules

image.png.4dfbc2cc8e6470437d254b5e5f642fb4.png
End date and time: Mon. Jun. 24 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Jun. 24 5:00 AM

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
16 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

They are both equally worthless.

To you, maybe. To others, almost certainly not.

11 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I got the gallant, but imagine my disappointment!

She's not that terrible. Nobody's gunboat by any stretch of the imagination, but she's the first destroyer I ever had that could stealth-fire her torpedoes, and with destroyers wanting Superintendent for their smoke she was a good match for my highest-point RN cruiser captain. He's got over a hundred thousand XP in her, I think.

[SIMP]
Members
1,271 posts

So, just to confirm....

Event is over. No more tokens can be EARNED, but more can be had by buying crates.

Am I correct with this statement?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,799 posts
12,548 battles
3 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

So, just to confirm....

Event is over. No more tokens can be EARNED, but more can be had by buying crates.

Am I correct with this statement?

Yep, until next patch. Which is very soon. So if you are thinking about buying and using them do it now.

[SIMP]
Members
1,271 posts
33 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep, until next patch. Which is very soon. So if you are thinking about buying and using them do it now.

Well the info in-game says that the Allowance Tokens (the gold anchor ones for Part 1 rewards) are good to the 25th (which really mean the 24th). And that the Provision Tokens (the silver star ones for Part 2 rewards) are good until July 23rd (which really means the 22nd).

So make sure to spend the Part 1 Tokens (gold anchor) TODAY! As they turn into credits tomorrow!

But you still have time for the Part 2 rewards (about a month), IF the in-game info is correct.

[TF16A]
Members
224 posts
10,716 battles
8 hours ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I feel like I'm being trolled cause when my final tokens were rewarded I was at 39.

1809090021_WorldofWarships6_24_20197_18_46AM.thumb.png.20d513224b22098e8636e63b355c588d.png

As was mine lol

• Funny 1

[VW]
Members
2,933 posts
15,475 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To you, maybe. To others, almost certainly not.

She's not that terrible. Nobody's gunboat by any stretch of the imagination, but she's the first destroyer I ever had that could stealth-fire her torpedoes, and with destroyers wanting Superintendent for their smoke she was a good match for my highest-point RN cruiser captain. He's got over a hundred thousand XP in her, I think.

The two ca are useless. Read mouse if you need another opinion.

as for gallant, as I clearly stated. The insult came from losing warspite and only being able to earn her in consolation. She is decent at killing bots and i’ve had a decent game or two in her in randoms, but she’s pretty meh.

all in all neither of the three earn xp or silver efficiently enough to be worthwhile.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
672 posts
5,009 battles
7 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

@missile742 you still can buy those crates. I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: oh, @Cereberus99 beat me to it...

lol like i said my attention to detail sucks, thanks for the heads up guys

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,322 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's what I did. 

Wound up with 477 tokens on the last day and bought a premium container with doubloons from ranked and other WOW freebies for the 25 tokens and got Kuznetsov.  Worked out well.  He's now on Kremlin.

Sign in to follow this