You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

HOW TO!! Rank out as a less skilled player

19 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
5,269 posts
12,088 battles

So ranked will be finished tomorrow and I was going through stats and numbers, because frankly, I like stats and numbers and I like digging through it. But, I came across something very interesting.

Of the 10 lowest win rates to rank out this season (378 average battles, 46.03% to 48.26%) only 3 of those 10 players did not play CV's for a significant portion of their battles. 7 of those 10 players played CV's for over 100 battles and 5 of the 10 played the majority of their battles in CV's. 4 of the 10 played pretty much all their battles in CV's. With the save a star mechanic in ranked, CV's look to be easy mode now.

I would say the CV rework is a resounding success as instead of only skilled players being able to use the class effectively, anyone can pick it up and play ranked in a CV and rank out with a losing win rate. WG has successfully gotten rid of the skill gap and just made CV's OP compared to the other 3 types of ships.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 5
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,175 posts
11,159 battles

triggered.gif

• Boring 1

Members
676 posts
17,622 battles

This season of ranked was defined by the CVs and the Kremlins.

If you had one of either, chances are you ranked out relatively easily.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,876 posts
11,834 battles

Meh.

While I admit CV in ranked is strong, I wouldn't go as far as "just play CV and you'll rank out. I only played CV between R18-12 because I just wanted to troll around but pretty much 90% of cruiser I met were AA spec cruiser. This was fun time to see Worcester and DM locking down a cap from both planes and DD and see BB getting destroyed by either DD or CV. 

What people always forget is, in a CV game, there's also a friendly CV. If the opposite team won it means:

-The team maybe had a better CV (in which case it is no different than RTS CV. In fact if it was RTS, maybe you would have lost even faster)

-The team had better DD smart enough to live long enough to cap / prevent the enemy from earning cap

-The team had better cruiser player able to position where they can make a difference

-The team had good BB player able to pick important target.

I ranked out mostly using Shimakaze (one of these DD people said it would die with CV rework) and even if I didn't do a lot of damage, I still managed to have an impact big enough that we won games.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Members
676 posts
17,622 battles
32 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

While I admit CV in ranked is strong, I wouldn't go as far as "just play CV and you'll rank out. I only played CV between R18-12 because I just wanted to troll around but pretty much 90% of cruiser I met were AA spec cruiser. This was fun time to see Worcester and DM locking down a cap from both planes and DD and see BB getting destroyed by either DD or CV. 

Then you must not have been one of those CVs who kept dev striking me literally within 2 minutes of game start in my Worcesters and my Salems.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,705 posts
7,399 battles
2 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

#Remove_CVs_From_The_Game

On topic, these numbers make me sick.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles

What I have seen from Ranked, until the Premier League bracket, is the ease with which most CVs can save their star. Most of the time they are the last opponent remaining, meaning they can damage farm far more effectively and for far longer periods of time.

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
4 posts
9,519 battles

Didn't play a single CV game, they did piss me off something fierce though especially in the 7-5 bracket.

I gave up on Daring past 5 as more often than not you were the lone dd and we're perma spotted. 2-5 in monty was pretty cruisy in the bb heavy ranks. Pick a flank and crossfire yams and kremlins. Nose pen any cruisers trying to radar.

Edited by speed_3

Beta Testers
3,226 posts
12,955 battles

As per the title, play 500 plus games in the hope you get carried to the finish.

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

How to rank out as a very unskilled player.  

1. Play Ranked as much as possible

2.  Wait for Better players to carry you most of the time

3. Rank out and claim you are fantastic because you are now Rank 1.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,728 posts
11,201 battles

1b456630d17e8bc32f137707987cbec4.thumb.jpg.2387512f452bb5c39ce16b7ca7148ae9.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1

Members
745 posts
62 battles
5 hours ago, yacskn said:

Then you must not have been one of those CVs who kept dev striking me literally within 2 minutes of game start in my Worcesters and my Salems.

Then you must be one of the sitting ducks behind an island :Smile_trollface:

(hint: the secret “w” key makes the world around you move)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,763 posts
15,494 battles

Rework CVs have always had huge XP coefficients on just about everything. Normally it's annoying but not critical, but then you put them into a mode where base XP is everything, and you break that mode. Big surprise there.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
10,283 posts
4,370 battles

A little something I learned from Garfield (probably the only thing of value I learned from Garfield):

For success, lower your expectations. 

Declare that, for you, "ranking out" means hitting whatever level you're currently at.  Voilà!  Success.

[OO7]
Members
5,269 posts
12,088 battles
23 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Rework CVs have always had huge XP coefficients on just about everything. Normally it's annoying but not critical, but then you put them into a mode where base XP is everything, and you break that mode. Big surprise there.

So what class is at the opposite end of the scale?? DD's?? DD's are probably the most influential. As much as I hate that DD's are harder to save a star in, is that an acceptable tradeoff? Play a ship with less chance to save a star but more chance to win?