You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
biggestpotato

FIX CV'S

20 comments in this topic

Members
34 posts
11,152 battles

I'M JUST PASSING BY TO TELL WG, AGAIN, TO STOP RUINING THE GAME WITH THIS MINDLESS, BADLY IMPLEMENTED PLANE SPAMMING

FIX:

THE ABILITY TO, VIRTUALLY, SPOT EVERYTHING, ANYTIME

THE ABUSE OF DD'S WITH ROCKETS

THE USELESS AA

THE, VIRTUALLY, INFINITE PLANES

TIA

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 12
  • Angry 3

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
10,786 battles

You need bigger and bolder print to show them you are super serious.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,312 battles

Sure, roll the re-work back to RTS...it'd be hilarious watching the ones complaining about spotting now lose their overloving minds then.

Plus...bring back the X and Y drops on DD's..if they think this is bad today, remind them how bad it was pre 8.0, lol.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
10,786 battles
2 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Sure, roll the re-work back to RTS...it'd be hilarious watching the ones complaining about spotting now lose their overloving minds then.

Plus...bring back the X and Y drops on DD's..if they think this is bad today, remind them how bad it was pre 8.0, lol.

Yep it cracks me up seeing people complaining about CV spotting yet I guess they forgot how before they could spot almost the entire map all at the same time from various squadrons oh and attack multiple ships at the same time too.

• Cool 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles
4 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Only if they remove straffing.    Thats the #1 reason people never played CV with the old style.   If you weren't amazing with straffing, you just lost.

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
39 minutes ago, biggestpotato said:

THE ABILITY TO, VIRTUALLY, SPOT EVERYTHING, ANYTIME - Just kidding, we all know they're limited to 1 location at a time with up to 90 seconds to reach it

THE ABUSE OF DD'S WITH ROCKETS - When they leave AA on even though it's surface ships that kill them

THE USELESS AA - Just kidding, I spend my upgrades and captain points elsewhere

THE, VIRTUALLY, INFINITE PLANES - Just kidding, we all know planes are very much limited

Fixed it for you.

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,312 battles
10 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Only if they remove straffing.    Thats the #1 reason people never played CV with the old style.   If you weren't amazing with straffing, you just lost.

oh I sucked with strafe, I can admit that. That was the one thing I was glad to see go.

12 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Yep it cracks me up seeing people complaining about CV spotting yet I guess they forgot how before they could spot almost the entire map all at the same time from various squadrons oh and attack multiple ships at the same time too.

Kinda makes you wonder if everyone saying roll it back started playing the game in 0.8.1 don't it?

[KP]
Members
412 posts
202 battles
11 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

No actually they couldn't a skilled CV player could defend the fleet with a thingy called fighters and strafe. Now CV's can't even defend there own team which with rocket planes are 2 of the dumbest parts of the rework.

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
15 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

No actually they couldn't a skilled CV player could defend the fleet with a thingy called fighters and strafe. Now CV's can't even defend there own team which with rocket planes are 2 of the dumbest parts of the rework.

Fighters are very useful -- if you played CV and used them, you'd understand how lethal they are.  They are the fastest aircraft deleting mechanic in the game.  They do need more utility including following an allied ship for 75 seconds w/ CV having 4 of those options while losing 1 each from strike aircraft which remain unchanged at 60 seconds loiter.  Another thing that needs to occur w/ fighters is delayed spotting -- they shouldn't spot DDs for at least 7 seconds once dropped.

Rocket aircraft are the only viable DD striking weapon -- they need to remain exactly where they are.  They also need to have 1 second shaved off of their minimum engagement time.  AA as a whole needs a rework -- it needs a true manual component for skilled players to be able to use it for more damage.  Aircraft damage needs to payout and the hands-off-auto-AA needs reduced to no more than level 80 w/ all skill buffs included while a minimum floor of 40 needs to be given.  Everything in between gets squished up or down towards 60.  Manual AA that parks the main guns for BBs while loading proximity shells into secondaries, or loading the same into the primary guns on the lower calibers should allow skilled players to get more kills at the cost of having to control the guns.  I'd love to go wrecking aircraft in a DD manually instead of having to rely on no-skill-what-so-ever-easy-button-AA-with-DFAA-pushed-and-sector-reinforced.  Zero skill to it at all except for maneuvering to mitigate damage.  I don't know how someone could utilize that functionality and not feel like a total n00b while the game does all of the work.

• Boring 3

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
1 hour ago, NoSoMo said:

THE ABUSE OF DD'S WITH ROCKETS - When they leave AA on even though it's surface ships that kill them

You do need to leave your AA on. CVs abuse Cruisers and BBs with these pretty much unavoidable weapons that do ridiculous amounts of damage.

1 hour ago, NoSoMo said:

THE, VIRTUALLY, INFINITE PLANES - Just kidding, we all know planes are very much limited

Planes are in effect unlimited one of the devs even conceded to this.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,565 posts
9,128 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11C4O said:

No actually they couldn't a skilled CV player could defend the fleet with a thingy called fighters and strafe.

Yes they could.  I wasn't a great CV player with the RTS system but even i was able to break even or win the majority of fighter battles by the time i quit playing RTS CVs.   until my fighters needed rearmed or recycled for more planes, i would use them to spot as many ships as possible.   I would particularly find every DD i could and park it above them, spotting them and their torps.(have people forgotten about that last part?)  While that was going on, i could go and strike whoever i pleased.  Just a matter of avoiding the high AA ships until their AA was striped.  Any strike by the enemy CV would be hampered while i had control of the skies.  I had vision control while they had none. 

Back then whoever had the best CV was had a far higher chance to  win.  Especially if it was Unicum vs potato. You pretty much had to have a near all potato team on the unicum CVs team + majority good players on the other team to have a chance at winning.  If you had 2 unicums, it was a race as to who could get ships killed the fastest.   If it was 2 potatoes, then the match was up to the rest of the players. 

and we haven't even gotten into the CVs far higher alpha strike they had before.   Worse case scenario now is that CV fighters spot ships(which should be removed) and the bombers go else where to spot.  Once the bombers  run out of drops, shot down, or recalled then the spotting stops until they come back.  in RTS, you could park your bombers that dropped to continue spotting.

to be clear, i think that CVs should be better at defending allies with fighters.  The current system does not make that practical.  not to mention fighters are hit and miss even when the enemy flies into them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[UMP]
Members
251 posts
4,300 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Fixed it for you.

So much this. Thanks for setting the record straight, again.

• Funny 1

Members
4 posts
3,576 battles

This may be off topic but I have been perplexed about my torpedo drops. It seems when I am playing a surface ship and get attacked by torpedoes there are multiple torpedoes coming at me in a wave. But when I switch to CV play my torpedo planes seem able to only drop one torpedo at a time.  Am I missing something?

[_-_]
Members
2,228 posts
5 hours ago, Purg473 said:

Replacing old garbage with new garbage only freshens the scent.

[U571]
Members
1,920 posts
13,162 battles
6 hours ago, biggestpotato said:

I'M JUST PASSING BY TO TELL WG, AGAIN, TO STOP RUINING THE GAME WITH THIS MINDLESS, BADLY IMPLEMENTED PLANE SPAMMING

FIX:

THE ABILITY TO, VIRTUALLY, SPOT EVERYTHING, ANYTIME

THE ABUSE OF DD'S WITH ROCKETS

THE USELESS AA

THE, VIRTUALLY, INFINITE PLANES

TIA

Fine give us a No DD Queue, DDs can play with DDs and not have to worry about CVs and Vice Versa.

[REVY]
Members
1,521 posts
9,578 battles
2 hours ago, Comrade__Zero said:

This may be off topic but I have been perplexed about my torpedo drops. It seems when I am playing a surface ship and get attacked by torpedoes there are multiple torpedoes coming at me in a wave. But when I switch to CV play my torpedo planes seem able to only drop one torpedo at a time.  Am I missing something?

depends on the Tier of the CV you are facing.

Tier IV planes typically come in one at a time and drop 1 torp.

Tier VI planes come in 2 to 3 at a time and drop a torp for each plane.

Tier VIII come in 3 to 4 and drop again 1 torp per plane.

Tier X come in 3-4 planes, and can drop 2 torps per aircraft.

I might be a bit off on the planes that attack though.

If you are seeing multiple torpedos and facing a low tier CV, then either you missed the second CV in the battle, or there is a DD out there as well.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles
7 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Then there would be no skill involve, just literary point and click.

US fighter would have the edge over IJN because bigger squad

Torps would remains fairly easy to dodge

That would be extremely boring and unfun to play. At least with the current CV style even if it's not perfect you still need to lead properly for torps, find the best angle to drop your bombs while dodging flaks and managing your planes so you don't spend the rest of the game waiting for those planes to regen.

Community Department
2,812 posts
820 battles

Thank you for some reasonable comments and reports.
Let me lock this one, because we've already had a number of topic with developed and discussed ideas about some similar players feedback.
This will only take additional time without anything new except rule violations, personal attacks and non constructiviness from the beginning.

Thanks for understanding. 

• Boring 1