Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jr_token

Russian collection

27 comments in this topic

[SRM]
[SRM]
Members
92 posts
12,996 battles

I got the chance to play for the Molotov and Leningrad which I own on the personal mission after completing them I got in game credits 16 million credits for 2 premium ships  worth almost  $48.00 and I get less credits than a T-9 Battleship maxed out This is Pretty cheap and insulting to be honest I play and I do support the game and it seems the only thing changing are the exorbitant pricing of the ships and those I already own but not getting their actual value is [edited]

I am sure there is the equivalent of used car salesman fine print somewhere, I think I will be skipping  Yorktown with my Grandsons W.G just proved my worth as a player and a customer in their eyes I have over 115 ships and half are premiums  WG you are making it tough to support you      

shot-19.06.23_23.38.04-0877.jpg

Edited by jr_token
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
1 hour ago, jr_token said:

I got the chance to play for the Molotov and Leningrad which I own on the personal mission after completing them I got in game credits 16 million credits for 2 premium ships  worth almost  $48.00 and I get less credits than a T-9 Battleship maxed out This is Pretty cheap and insulting to be honest I play and I do support the game and it seems the only thing changing are the exorbitant pricing of the ships and those I already own but not getting their actual value is [edited]

I am sure there is the equivalent of used car salesman fine print somewhere, I think I will be skipping  Yorktown with my Grandsons W.G just proved my worth as a player and a customer in their eyes I have over 115 ships and half are premiums  WG you are making it tough to support you      

Have to agree with you here.  If you've already got a premium and it's offered up again, you should be given doubloons for it, ZERO exceptions.  Very unwise of them to do anything but.  There are no credit premiums and compensation for duplicates under no situations at all should be credits. 

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Members
10,283 posts
4,370 battles
3 hours ago, jr_token said:

This is Pretty cheap and insulting

What, you didn't know this going in?  Mission duplicates are usually compensated in credits.  The mission description clearly stated this.

As for the amount, Tier VI CA costs <3M and Tier VII DD 5.5M Cr.  You received double value!  So why are you complaining?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles
7 hours ago, jr_token said:

This is Pretty cheap and insulting

No. 

With the exception of the Murmansk, prize ships were announced for credits at the very start. You probably opened crates because you were hoping for the ships you didn't already have, but it doesn't always work out that way. If the crates were the free ones, you were fortunate to get two unlocks. What the ships are worth is irrelevant. You bought them, you paid for them, you've been using them. You get your value back that way. 

Prize ship missions from crates are by the blessing of RNGesus, and that's why they are for credits when duplicated (e.g. Monaghan, Kidd, Atlanta, Sims from crates in last year's American Cruiser/Indianapolis events).

Ships you obtain with tokens won in battle are obtained by your effort, and that's why they are generally worth doubloons for duplicates (e.g. Warspite, Cossack, Gallant from the British Destroyers arc).

and I get less credits than a T-9 Battleship maxed out

That's mighty specific there. Sounds like you were planning to buy one. Shattered dreams brought you here to spill salt? Deal with it and grind the extra credits. If you're so low on credits that you're dependent on prizes to afford a T9 ship, you can't afford the T9 ship.

and a customer in their eyes I have over 115 ships and half are premiums

Using the amount of money you've spent on this game to justify why you are worth listening to makes you sound like a spoiled, elitist brat. Just saying.

WG you are making it tough to support you      

Your terrible grammar and lack of punctuation are making it very hard to take you seriously, or even to be completely clear about what you are saying.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 3

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,800 posts
8,692 battles

It's been this way for a while.  If you buy a duplicate ship, or get one in a crate, you will get the doubloon value.  If you earn a duplicate ship through a mission, even if that mission is obtained in a crate, you will get the credit value.  

[H_]
Members
2,449 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No. 

With the exception of the Murmansk, prize ships were announced for credits at the very start. You probably opened crates because you were hoping for the ships you didn't already have, but it doesn't always work out that way. If the crates were the free ones, you were fortunate to get two unlocks. What the ships are worth is irrelevant. You bought them, you paid for them, you've been using them. You get your value back that way. 

Prize ship missions from crates are by the blessing of RNGesus, and that's why they are for credits when duplicated (e.g. Monaghan, Kidd, Atlanta, Sims from crates in last year's American Cruiser/Indianapolis events).

Ships you obtain with tokens won in battle are obtained by your effort, and that's why they are generally worth doubloons for duplicates (e.g. Warspite, Cossack, Gallant from the British Destroyers arc).

That's mighty specific there. Sounds like you were planning to buy one. Shattered dreams brought you here to spill salt? Deal with it and grind the extra credits. If you're so low on credits that you're dependent on prizes to afford a T9 ship, you can't afford the T9 ship.

Using the amount of money you've spent on this game to justify why you are worth listening to makes you sound like a spoiled, elitist brat. Just saying.

Your terrible grammar and lack of punctuation are making it very hard to take you seriously, or even to be completely clear about what you are saying.

Ow.....  Wrong side of the bed this morning?  @jr_token is a customer and his expectations might be "different" than yours or mine....  Have you ever tried to speak and write Russian???  I have, and let me tell you, even Russians have trouble understanding other Russians, from distant parts of the RF, say and write..... (and, it comical to work with them in the US with "American" versus "English"......  Good Food.........  How do you know the difference between the "oo"s) 

Look you are right and I'm sure the OP "gets it..."   An English professor friend of mine once said (after reading a Masters thesis of mine) that the way I write involves a "the brevity of succinct thought at the cost of the narrative potential...."  Parse that if you like: because I said in 40 pages what someone else had to take 100 pages....  Our shared language can do that; at the cost of form, fit and function; AND, to quote an expert:  "Americans have no grammatical rules that are published........only the English do that."

Well said my friend !

Edited by Asym_KS

[EQRN]
Members
1,330 posts
12,286 battles

I spent the first 200 for the Murmansk doubloons, every token after that went to crates and I got zero missions.  I am low on credits and would have welcomed them.

[SRM]
[SRM]
Members
92 posts
12,996 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

What, you didn't know this going in?  Mission duplicates are usually compensated in credits.  The mission description clearly stated this.

As for the amount, Tier VI CA costs <3M and Tier VII DD 5.5M Cr.  You received double value!  So why are you complaining?

NO I couldn't find that anywhere if I had I wouldn't have posted and credits don't help me I have plenty  

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles
33 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

his expectations might be "different" than yours or mine

There are realistic expectations and there are unrealistic expectations.

As for his English - it parses to me like that of a native English speaker who cannot be bothered. Those who write in English as their SECOND language usually have odd, interesting or archaic phraseology (because of the way their native grammar influences the translation), but their punctuation is usually intact.

1 minute ago, jr_token said:

I couldn't find that anywhere

It's here:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/victory-part-2/ 

and it says this:

In addition to the specified rewards, you have a chance of finding a special combat mission in the container. Upon completing it, you can get one of the following Premium Soviet ships: flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab V Okhotnik, flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 VI Molotov, flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab VII Leningrad, or flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_65cf64bd7296cfa9dcf38bf869d5cfc9 VIII Lenin—a new Soviet battleship! The chances of getting a combat mission from the Premium "In the Service of the Motherland" container are higher.

The mission for each of the ships can be found only once. If you receive a mission for a ship that you already have in your Port you'll get compensation in credits for completing it, taking into account specials and discounts.

• Angry 1

[SRM]
[SRM]
Members
92 posts
12,996 battles

2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No. 

First off I am a paying customer  the concept of paying money and getting what I deem as an  inferior product or service is my right and there is nothing elitist about it  unless you care to make my purchases for me 

As for my Grammar and punctuation  I am Busted and you spell checked all by yourself and I am shamed you're to clever for me   (talk about elitist brats)  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts
10 minutes ago, jr_token said:

First off I am a paying customer  the concept of paying money and getting what I deem as an  inferior product or service is my right and there is nothing elitist about it  unless you care to make my purchases for me

yes, true, but...

The product or service you paid for was listed and explained as to its extents and compensation for ships already owned prior to you purchasing said goods and service.

While you have the right to come onto a forum and complain, as do we all from time to time, you do not have a right to fiscal compensation for something that you either did not bother to read the details of before the sale, or misunderstood for whatever reason.

[SRM]
[SRM]
Members
92 posts
12,996 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are realistic expectations and there are unrealistic expectations.

As for his English - it parses to me like that of a native English speaker who cannot be bothered. Those who write in English as their SECOND language usually have odd, interesting or archaic phraseology (because of the way their native grammar influences the translation), but their punctuation is usually intact.

It's here:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/victory-part-2/ 

and it says this:

In addition to the specified rewards, you have a chance of finding a special combat mission in the container. Upon completing it, you can get one of the following Premium Soviet ships: flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab V Okhotnik, flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 VI Molotov, flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab VII Leningrad, or flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_65cf64bd7296cfa9dcf38bf869d5cfc9 VIII Lenin—a new Soviet battleship! The chances of getting a combat mission from the Premium "In the Service of the Motherland" container are higher.

The mission for each of the ships can be found only once. If you receive a mission for a ship that you already have in your Port you'll get compensation in credits for completing it, taking into account specials and discounts.

Listen Mr 2000 games and 10,000 post I'm thinking the basement must be lonely  Dull people who needs to shame someone because they Worked their whole lives and typing wasn't a skill needed in the blue Blue Collar work world as for you my fine friend 

Your attack on me and my grammar must fulfill you in some strange way  the effort you have expended to belittle me or shame me or put me in my place must be almost orgasmic in nature Hope you have a towel handy   have a Great day!!! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SRM]
[SRM]
Members
92 posts
12,996 battles
3 minutes ago, Dareios said:

yes, true, but...

The product or service you paid for was listed and explained as to its extents and compensation for ships already owned prior to you purchasing said goods and service.

While you have the right to come onto a forum and complain, as do we all from time to time, you do not have a right to fiscal compensation for something that you either did not bother to read the details of before the sale, or misunderstood for whatever reason.

I can live with that 

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles
1 minute ago, jr_token said:

I'm thinking the basement must be lonely

Is that what you think I am? You couldn't be more wrong.

Members
23,232 posts
5,865 battles
3 hours ago, jr_token said:

Listen Mr 2000 games and 10,000 post I'm thinking the basement must be lonely  Dull people who needs to shame someone because they Worked their whole lives and typing wasn't a skill needed in the blue Blue Collar work world as for you my fine friend 

Your attack on me and my grammar must fulfill you in some strange way  the effort you have expended to belittle me or shame me or put me in my place must be almost orgasmic in nature Hope you have a towel handy   have a Great day!!! 

To be fair, I don't see anything wrong with your grammar

But please use punctuation, makes it easier for us other blue collar folks to read lol.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
10,283 posts
4,370 battles

The matter of duplicate compensation was prominent here last year so I pay special attention.  WG has committed to being explicit with what you can expect as compensation and it does so.

6 hours ago, jr_token said:

NO I couldn't find that anywhere if I had I wouldn't have posted and credits don't help me I have plenty  

In the description of the In Service to the Motherland containers in the Premium shop:

Compensation
If you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive compensation in credits equal to the cost of the ship, a Port slot, and a Commander with 3 skill points.

and in the Armory

Screenshot_179.thumb.png.2d97bbea565a1352dd0ae519706dd750.png

(To clarify, you get the credits, plus a port slot and a commander.)

I trust the missions weren't heinous?  I never got one out of my crates.  Really wanted Leningrad.

[SRM]
[SRM]
Members
92 posts
12,996 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The matter of duplicate compensation was prominent here last year so I pay special attention.  WG has committed to being explicit with what you can expect as compensation and it does so.

In the description of the In Service to the Motherland containers in the Premium shop:

and in the Armory

Screenshot_179.thumb.png.2d97bbea565a1352dd0ae519706dd750.png

(To clarify, you get the credits, plus a port slot and a commander.)

I trust the missions weren't heinous?  I never got one out of my crates.  Really wanted Leningrad.

I trust the missions weren't heinous?  I never got one out of my crates.  Really wanted Leningrad. earn 5000 base exp I did both together and While I did Gripe I honestly thought the same concept as the Exeter would apply I was gifted that ship and when I completed the mission for it I got doubloons and once again I misunderstood and got Salty :) 

[WOLF9]
Members
10,283 posts
4,370 battles

I never got one out of my crates.

Then how did you get the missions?

I honestly thought the same concept as the Exeter would apply I was gifted that ship and when I completed the mission for it I got doubloons a

That is typical for newly introduced ships, I think.  Honestly, I don't know what the principle is; I just know to look at the details.  It's always stated.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Then how did you get the missions?

Something seems fishy here.

I hesitate to use the word "Liar" on the forums, but there are times I am tempted.

I am reminded of the camera forum I inhabit, on which we have a small number of posters who continually run the brand down and unconstructively criticize the way the company is developing its tech. One of them was later found to be taking a competing brand's money. I sure hope that isn't happening here, but I fear in some cases it might be. Not necessarily this one, but maybe others.

[LOSC]
[LOSC]
Members
410 posts
On 6/24/2019 at 6:30 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

22 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I

I see this as an attack of the OP Ad hominem (character attacks).

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles
23 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

(character attacks).

I haven't attacked his character; I've attacked his inattention to detail in expressing his POV. I'm pointing to an objective flaw in his post that makes the exact nature of his complaint unclear.

If I called him a llama-molesting son of a mangy cur, that would be a character attack. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles

I am with the OP 100% on this EVEN though it was stated compensation would be credits and not doubloons. He missed that part so that is on him BUT WG is as wrong as they could be doing this from a business standpoint. I have been outspoken on this policy since they adopted it. 

This policy they have adopted of giving credits instead of doubloons for duplicate premium ships is GROSSLY UNFAIR to those who already have the ship. I don't care if it is from an in game mission or it is from a premium crate you buy; compensation should be equal and fair to EVERY customer who earns/wins the ship. 

Under this policy WG will award the actual ship to the player who does not have it. That is an item with actual REAL dollar value to it. Awarding credit compensation if the ship is already owned is ZERO real dollar value compensation and is equivalent to a swift kick between the legs. Real dollar value compensation would be doubloons.

Why should the player without the ship get something of real value and the player who already has the ship get bupkiss? This is something WG struggles with mightily in many areas not just this one. They continually award good things to less established players, or new players trying to lure them in, while crapping on the long term good and loyal customers. Yes, you need to try and bring in new players and offer goodies to keep people with minimal play time around and get them to play more. I understand all that. BUT, how about not ignoring and treating the customers you already have in a less than equal way.

In regards to these ships and the compensation for them it needs to be doubloon compensation period when the ship is already owned. Again, it is GROSSLY UNFAIR to the player who already has the ship.  It also is a good way to lose sales of premium crates if all players will get are credits if they get a mission for or an actual ship from a crate. Why would you bother if that is the case (it has drastically lowered my crate purchases since this started)? It also means the player spent REAL money to obtain the ship which is supposed to mean doubloon compensation too. BUT as I said be it a free mission or from a premium rate it shouldn't matter. Not if one group of players will get the ship which, again, has real value. Credit compensation is unethical and cheap.

Cap the ability to get a ship/mission from those crates at just 1 as they are doing. That is fine. I don't see that as unreasonable. BUT if you will give said ship to one player the other should also get equal value if they had it already.

Get rid of this terrible credit compensation policy WG. It's wrong, unfair, and it actually hurts your bottom line.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[O_O]
Members
173 posts

If you do need agree with WG's backwards policies regarding their loot boxes, then I suggest you close your wallet and keep your sanity.  

Sign in to follow this