You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Acura_invader

This rank season is a disaster

41 comments in this topic

[-D-S-]
Members
120 posts
3,651 battles

Win or loss does not depend on your skill, it depends on how many rentals in your team.

WG, do you think you give new players high tier ship to play in a rank it will keep them staying playing? For experienced players, they complain beginners ‘ poor performance, both experienced players and beginners are frustrated. For me, I won’t play rank anymore.

It makes me sick. But I am not going to complain new players. It’s your fault, WG. Sometimes you give me a survey after battle, I write it every time, but nothing changes or improves. 

The pics below are my last rank battle, I won’t play it anymore. I constantly loss 4 days. From r10 to r12 now. Most of rentals play like bots. I don’t want to waste my time. If you care players ‘ feelings, withdraw the rentals as soon as possible.

AA51CE6F-4F70-45EA-A85D-1EBDFFB54753.jpeg

Edited by Acura_invader
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,959 battles
15 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

It's very clear to me that WG needs to do one important thing here.

Not mark the rentals as rentals. 

Yes 1000 times yes !!!

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,703 posts
3,895 battles
17 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

It's very clear to me that WG needs to do one important thing here.

Not mark the rentals as rentals. 

They're still obviously rentals, since you can't put camouflage on them.

• Cool 2

Members
276 posts
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

That could be fixed. Heck, WG could make a deal with Avis or Hertz for branded camouflage! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[H_]
Members
2,433 posts

Please, don't encourage them............. For all we know, they'll do something even worse that rentals:  mercenaries you can hire.........  I'm still waiting for the "Golden Era of Consumables":  i.e. the Golden:  Bullet, Torpedo, "BB" (an anti aircraft proximity round consumable); and, the Golden "Plane" (a hyped up attack aircraft like an A-1 Skyraider or Hawker Typhoon...)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
47 minutes ago, Acura_invader said:

Win or loss does not depend on your skill, it depends on how many rentals in your team.

Surprised nobody has told you yet... but putting up images with players names in them can cause you problems with strikes against you for Name & Shame... 

Edit your photos or delete them - those with other player names. Good luck! 

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles

[SSG]
Members
11 posts
7,321 battles

I would say that is way too easy access to rentals - according to WG policy (read $$$$) - it is minimum 100 played battles. I would suggest- 1000 played Random battles.

Edited by wojowny

[PHASE]
Members
4,720 posts
16,143 battles
1 hour ago, Acura_invader said:

WG, do you think you give new players high tier ship to play in a rank it will keep them staying playing? For experienced players, they complain beginners ‘ poor performance, both experienced players and beginners are frustrated. For me, I won’t play rank anymore.

It makes me sick. But I am not going to complain new players. It’s your fault, WG. Sometimes you give me a survey after battle, I write it every time, but nothing changes or improves. 

The pics below are my last rank battle, I won’t play it anymore. I constantly loss 4 days. From r10 to r12 now. Most of rentals play like bots. I don’t want to waste my time. If you care players ‘ feelings, withdraw the rentals as soon as possible.

AA51CE6F-4F70-45EA-A85D-1EBDFFB54753.jpeg

The reality of ranked is take advantage of it early, if you get out, good for you, if you can't you can't. I basically tried to steal some steel over the last 4 days and did well and lost 15 in row..... I looked up many of the players that were on my team after each loss, few games, 42% and 500PRating.

if you don't get out early it isn't worth playing.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
217 posts
7,332 battles

Just because it's a rental doesn't mean it's an inexperienced T10 player.  I have 8 T10 ships, 600 battles at T10, but I played a few rentals just to try them out since I don't have them yet. And no, I'm not suggesting I'm great or anything, far from it, just saying I've played many T10 games but I used the rentals too.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
5,032 posts
15,593 battles

Nope, try again... If I take a rental ship, the loss is not dependent on it.

This is perspective... I can look at a stat similar to yours and say YOU are inexperience for ranked. Therefor, your tantrum is that your lack of Ranked skills to achieve top Rank.

Sorry if the ASIAN server dont play the way you like... How about NA server ?

[NDA]
Supertester
5,237 posts
15,711 battles

While I agree that the whole of Rank is a disaster. I base this on the reaction of players I see in Rank and on the Forums. Also the declining numbers of players participating in Rank. 
But I don't think Rentals are all to blame this season. Yes I saw rental ships preforming poorly but I also saw normal ships doing incredibly stupid stuff. 

As long as we have a Rank Progression system that measures a player success on how well 7 random captains can play together Rank Will always be a frustrating experience. 

I think one reason Rank Sprint was popular and well like was because there was less of a grind and more Safe Ranks. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,115 posts
6,263 battles

Rentals are just easy to blame because they can be identified immediately. Rentals should absolutely not be a thing but let's not pretend that every other Ranked season wasn't also full of terrible players playing stupidly. At least many of the rental potatoes have the excuse of being new unlike the usual suspects who have played 5,000 battles in their Shimakaze and not learned a thing. 

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
21,706 posts
22,016 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Honestly, I don't really get why rentals shouldn't be allowed to mount consumable camos or signal flags, etc.  

Hey, they could give rentals an automatic rental camo, though after a short time, people would recognize that camo as belonging to rentals.  

[VW]
Members
2,934 posts
15,475 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

The reality of ranked is take advantage of it early, if you get out, good for you, if you can't you can't. I basically tried to steal some steel over the last 4 days and did well and lost 15 in row..... I looked up many of the players that were on my team after each loss, few games, 42% and 500PRating.

if you don't get out early it isn't worth playing.

This is always true until you reach rank 5. At that point everyone is 60percet or better. Problem is at the point they shift from playing combat game to voyeuristic sniping in the hopes of saving a star. In me first game our team hat 10 percent advantage over the red team in wr and we lost. Why? Everyone was obsessed with staying dark and sniping. The red team played like a team ab beat the snot out of us.

Still think only the top 7 players regardless of team should progress. The whole concept of stacking one team and then saying the best loser doesnt lose a star is returded.

me two 1/100ths of a ruble.

[FML]
Members
2,860 posts
12,773 battles
3 hours ago, Acura_invader said:

Look, I’m not going to disparage your experience particularly since I played almost no Ranked this season, but in previous seasons there have been copious numbers of mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging clowns even without rental ships. 

As such, it isn’t the rental ships’ fault. There will always be idiots. 

But perhaps the rental ship in obvious square brackets means shoot/sink them first so your team gets a points lead, then go strong defensive and hold out for the win. EDIT: I forgot that 100 per cent of the time you get 4 rentals on your team and the enemy gets zero. My mistake. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[-TNG-]
Members
118 posts
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

This is always true until you reach rank 5. At that point everyone is 60percet or better.

OP, considering your rather medi-ocre stats.. How far did you expect to get in ranked battles? Were you expecting to get carried to top rank?

There's a good reason that the top ranks are full of the best players. medi-ocre won't cut it.

Edited by mumphred
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1