You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Come on WG t8 clans and no CV?

97 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts

Before the borg hive mind is set to motion and they start screeming OP and CV and all the other nonsents that is considered well "thought out" ideas that will be through my way.

CV in rank did OK. They were not the all powerful destructive tool that CV haters feared. Even CV haters have said so.  It was just another ship.

We have t8 clan battle and all the great CV we have and there not in it?

You cannot make a sub class of players because of the hive mind that is on the forums demands you do.

And PS. If you want to sell more prem cv bring them to clan battles.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Angry 14

[PQUOD]
Members
1,883 posts
3,988 battles

How can they expect players to have any faith in this CV iteration when they are quite literally banning it's use for whatever reason this coming CB play.

I guess it's okay for randoms to suffer CV matches regularly but whoa hold the horses if CB players have to deal with them. Suddenly they are too much.

Way to give us the best signals there WG.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 3

[PQUOD]
Members
1,883 posts
3,988 battles
Just now, Wombatmetal said:

I play CVs and I don't think they are ready for CB yet (or ranked)

They were never ready really. The message they are sending though by saying that one half of the game can just suck it up and deal is really not inspiring confidence ( if there's any left ) in what WG is doing.

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
9 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I play CVs and I don't think they are ready for CB yet (or ranked)

How many times have we heard over and over again how they will never be ready no matter what. How many threads of remove forever because a plane sxratched my paint.

To many people they will never be ready so cannot be counted.

Put em in and see what happened. I actualy dont they can do much because the AA ship at t8

• Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
5,209 posts
12,037 battles

CV"s are a no skill needed  crutch for poor players everywhere. There was an analysis on reddit that basically showed than any mindless nitwit could save a star more often with a CV.... so now think about the player that actually has a brain.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[SBS]
Members
4,570 posts
2,408 battles
21 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

CV in rank did OK. They were not the all powerful destructive tool that CV haters feared. Even CV haters have said so.  It was just another ship.

I have no doubt WG looked at the numbers from ranked play and decided CVs were too influential in competitive modes.  The players that ranked out the fastest were all CV players, and WG said the good CV players had really strong performances in ranked compared to other ship types with equally good players.  I think part of the problem is the skill gap is still there and the good CV players are just too strong.

• Cool 2

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles
30 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Nonsense. 

With the XP formula currently what it is, the CV had by far the easiest time saving a star. For a class designed with a plane loadout designed to go up against 11 other ships with AA, the plane pool is VERY deep when there are only 6 opponents. CV did a lot better than OK. 

WG made the right move in banning CV from CB. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,910 posts
4,823 battles
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

CV"s are a no skill needed  crutch for poor players everywhere. There was an analysis on reddit that basically showed than any mindless nitwit could save a star more often with a CV.... so now think about the player that actually has a brain.

I never trust reddit when it comes to this, because the vast majority of people there are 100% biased against carrier. Every ranked battle I saw with CV, not once was it the CV that saved the star. So their methodology is either flawed, or their conclusion was made based on heavily cherry-picked data. I personally wouldn't be surprised if both flawed methodology, and cherry-picked data was used in the formation of that particular conclusion.

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
Members
647 posts
8,307 battles
8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I have no doubt WG looked at the numbers from ranked play and decided CVs were too influential in competitive modes.  The players that ranked out the fastest were all CV players, and WG said the good CV players had really strong performances in ranked compared to other ship types with equally good players.  I think part of the problem is the skill gap is still there and the good CV players are just too strong.

Any chances you have a link to this? Curious to read it myself.

[SBS]
Members
4,570 posts
2,408 battles
6 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Any chances you have a link to this? Curious to read it myself.

Sorry, I don't have a link, it was on one of the live streams.

[-VT-]
Members
647 posts
8,307 battles
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

Sorry, I don't have a link, it was on one of the live streams.

Will have to watch the replay then when I get the chance.

[SALVO]
Members
21,703 posts
22,016 battles
24 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have to disagree, Ducky.  I seriously doubt that some nitwit CV driver would be good enough to be regularly saving stars.  They are NOT that easy to play well and productively, and you should know better.  

[-VT-]
Members
647 posts
8,307 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I have to disagree, Ducky.  I seriously doubt that some nitwit CV driver would be good enough to be regularly saving stars.  They are NOT that easy to play well and productively, and you should know better.  

I will agree with Ducky that the XP rewards they get for the work they do feels a bit off, so you don’t need to be a huge damage farmer to get decent xp, just play to win.

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

T8 cv in a 6x6 will be too strong (i'm looking to you enterprise)

[SALVO]
Members
21,703 posts
22,016 battles
47 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Before the borg hive mind is set to motion and they start screaming OP and CV and all the other nonsense that is considered well "thought out" ideas that will be through my way.

We have t8 clan battle and all the great CV we have and there not in it?

You cannot make a sub class of players because of the hive mind that is on the forums demands you do.

And PS. If you want to sell more prem cv bring them to clan battles.

Jags, the problem I foresee with CVs in clan battles is this.  It's not about how powerful they may be.  I think that the problem is about CBs MM.  Right now, you can bring whatever team you want, with the only limitation being no more than 1 BB.  But if CVs are allowed (and even if there's a 1 CV limit), will CBs MM allow teams with a CV to play team without a CV?  Or will CBs MM have to be adjusted to require teams with a CV to only play other teams with a CV?

And then you get to all the familiar complaints ...

• Cool 1

[SS238]
Members
245 posts
28,321 battles

The major concern within our clan was the ability of the CV to keep a large part of the map spotted. It removed the "fog of war" that made the first few minutes of clan battles so critical and exciting. We were quite worried that the battle would devolve into a long range sniping contest. The overall meta would completely change and we were not looking forward to it.

We were quite relieved when it was announced there would be no cv's in CBs.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,375 posts
8,996 battles
25 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I never trust reddit when it comes to this, because the vast majority of people there are 100% biased against carrier. Every ranked battle I saw with CV, not once was it the CV that saved the star. So their methodology is either flawed, or their conclusion was made based on heavily cherry-picked data. I personally wouldn't be surprised if both flawed methodology, and cherry-picked data was used in the formation of that particular conclusion.

The only reason the CVs didn't save stars on my teams was because they couldn't beat me for that star save. On the red teams, they had a CV 7 times in my 14 wins, and all but 1 of those, it was the CV that saved the star.

CVs had the best chance to save a star, due to cap resets and damage farming. Period.

• Cool 2

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
25 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Why are there so many CVs that don't know which end is up and do rather poorly?

[NMKJT]
Members
3,767 posts
Just now, NoSoMo said:

Why are there so many CVs that don't know which end is up and do rather poorly?

That can be said for any class these days

• Cool 1

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
15 minutes ago, mushmouthmorton said:

The major concern within our clan was the ability of the CV to keep a large part of the map spotted. It removed the "fog of war" that made the first few minutes of clan battles so critical and exciting. We were quite worried that the battle would devolve into a long range sniping contest. The overall meta would completely change and we were not looking forward to it.

We were quite relieved when it was announced there would be no cv's in CBs.

I'd take the intel provided by the CV over not having it.  Like BBs, 1 CV, 1 BB limit, combined with whatever other combo the teams want.  No CV or BB are required.  This is a 20th century war game, not an 18th century.  Reconnaissance was a part of WW1 warfare.  

Edited by NoSoMo

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
24 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

That can be said for any class these days

Yes, but the post was "CV's require no skill".  The issue is that CVs with skilled players have the opportunity to learn at a faster rate.  They require as much skill as any other class and without alpha require the non-stop grinding-like play.  They're a chore.  Way point control sucks on a good day.  They need to be as close to the team as possible, but they're also the easiest target in the game to hit.  They're cruisers in the armor department where only T10s have armored flight decks.  That still leaves them wide open to being single-salvo deleted like any other cruiser, and once DCP is on its 90 second cool down, they can be burned down extremely fast with fires that do 1% HP / fire / second.

Edited by NoSoMo

Alpha Tester
1,339 posts
11,120 battles

Because in their current state they would be severely detrimental to competitive gameplay. In randoms they may be a bit more balanced out do to lack of both skill and teamplay, if set in a mode such as clan wars it would be disastrous. (Ranked doesn't count since it's not competitive, it's more like smaller randoms with incentives). As well the smaller the team the larger the effect of a CV, the stats for ranked show an approximate 50% WR, but a vastly higher than average xp earned, since CVs have a high survival rate and can farm to the end of a match. This mean weather winning or losing doesn't matter much to a ranked cv, they will either gain a star or keep it.

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles
14 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Because in their current state they would be severely detrimental to competitive gameplay. In randoms they may be a bit more balanced out do to lack of both skill and teamplay, if set in a mode such as clan wars it would be disastrous. (Ranked doesn't count since it's not competitive, it's more like smaller randoms with incentives). As well the smaller the team the larger the effect of a CV, the stats for ranked show an approximate 50% WR, but a vastly higher than average xp earned, since CVs have a high survival rate and can farm to the end of a match. This mean weather winning or losing doesn't matter much to a ranked cv, they will either gain a star or keep it.

What does the ability to save your star in ranked have to do with CBs? In CB everyone on your team wins or losses because the team gets the points and not the player, it is not like ranked... 

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
1 hour ago, exray0 said:

Nonsense. 

With the XP formula currently what it is, the CV had by far the easiest time saving a star. For a class designed with a plane loadout designed to go up against 11 other ships with AA, the plane pool is VERY deep when there are only 6 opponents. CV did a lot better than OK. 

WG made the right move in banning CV from CB. 

Ok. I bet you did complain ever when DD were the only one that could save a star? 

Now that someone else other than DD can save a star there is a problem?

• Confused 1