Sign in to follow this  
Eisennagel

A new Girls und Panzer short

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,968 posts
4,752 battles

I wish they just made a GuP version for warships.  High School Fleet exists (of course...and its by the same person), but I think its inferior to the relatively easy-going and fun sports nature of this show.

Plus, the flanderized stereotypes (since these girls are obsessed with history + their country's school) adds to the hilarity and fun.

Members
3,624 posts
3,913 battles

May feel that way because HSF was rescue story rather than a wargames one. Would be interesting to see how they make warships safe to even use for something like Girl und Panzer's combat. 

[WAIFU]
13,568 posts
5,666 battles
5 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

May feel that way because HSF was rescue story rather than a wargames one. Would be interesting to see how they make warships safe to even use for something like Girl und Panzer's combat. 

They just have to never show or mention anyone dying, just like GuP or HSF where nobody ever gets injured. The ships also cannot sink, since that would obviously be problematic for a GuP style tournament format.

[RLGN]
Members
11,223 posts
20,252 battles

lol

If you’ve read the Ribbon no Musha GuP manga translations, B/C going nuts on itself makes perfect sense.

Beta Testers
10,047 posts
21 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I wish they just made a GuP version for warships.  High School Fleet exists (of course...and its by the same person), but I think its inferior to the relatively easy-going and fun sports nature of this show.

Plus, the flanderized stereotypes (since these girls are obsessed with history + their country's school) adds to the hilarity and fun.

GuP also works because of the highly tactical nature of the show.   There's always leadership, planning and reconnaissance.   Oorai wins because they think outside of the box while the other girls teams tend to think within the box of their own historical stereotypes.  

Love the way the Porsche Tiger practices classic angling, and then Oorai dispatches their own French Somua tank --- oh wait, that's a Char B1 --- to sow confusion and chaos on the enemy ranks.  

Edited by Eisennagel
  • Cool 1

5,968 posts
4,752 battles
2 hours ago, Eisennagel said:

GuP also works because of the highly tactical nature of the show.   There's always leadership, planning and reconnaissance.   Oorai wins because they think outside of the box while the other girls teams tend to think within the box of their own historical stereotypes.  

Love the way the Porsche Tiger practices classic angling, and then Oorai dispatches their own French Somua tank --- oh wait, that's a Char B1 --- to sow confusion and chaos on the enemy ranks.  

I do like that too.  They combine the sports aspect with real military planning and national preferences.

High School Fleet could've done that, but they really made their premise not that fun.  They could've easily pulled in those traits for their show since the nations had their own tactics when it came to naval strategy.

5,968 posts
4,752 battles
9 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

lol

If you’ve read the Ribbon no Musha GuP manga translations, B/C going nuts on itself makes perfect sense.

I kinda hope that they do an adaption on Ribbon Warrior after they're done with Miho's tale.  It is really a fun take on the franchise and flips the power balance a bit since the more powerful schools get trounced by the weaker schools.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,600 posts
12,563 battles

Wish I could understand it or could have subs at the minimum.:Smile_amazed: other than that it looks great!:cap_like:

Sign in to follow this