You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Lazo

15 comments in this topic

[TRGT]
Members
215 posts
4,424 battles

I have tokens to by Lazo (1500) is it worth it??? I have until the June 25th to decide. 

[WOLFB]
Members
17 posts
16,850 battles

I have her.

Next to the Atlanta, my favorite boat.

Turns like a scow.

Enjoyable.

Eschew obfuscation!

yer friendly

unit

-

[HINON]
Supertester
21,338 posts
15,057 battles

Play Shchors.

Do you enjoy her so much you want a premium version of it? Then buy Lazo.

• Cool 1

[TRGT]
Members
215 posts
4,424 battles
22 minutes ago, unit_72 said:

I have her.

Next to the Atlanta, my favorite boat.

Turns like a scow.

Enjoyable.

Eschew obfuscation!

yer friendly

unit

-

Like a garbage scow? turn low?

Edited by 3r22r
add question

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles

What else are you going to use the tokens for? You get flags just for playing, same with credits and even premium time. 

Why not get a free premium ship? The only other really useful things to grab would be the permanent camos if you even like any of those ships they are available for.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Members
170 posts
47 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Why not get a free premium ship?

This, if nothing else. If you have the tokens, there isn't any reason to hesitate.

But if you're really worried, there Lazo is a hoot to play. 20k range on the very accurate main guns let's you troll BBs from the other side of the map.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles

Your asking if a free premium is worth it???

It is basically a tier 8 ship A hull at tier 7.

Yes.

Rain IFHE Russian Bias down on everybody. 

[TBW]
Members
8,008 posts
14,639 battles

She makes great credits etc... in operation Narai.

[TRGT]
Members
215 posts
4,424 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

She makes great credits etc... in operation Narai.

and it ends tuesday... nice dog by the way. as someone once said quote: 'life is a royal [edited]'

[TRGT]
Members
215 posts
4,424 battles
On 6/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, Kuriour said:

This, if nothing else. If you have the tokens, there isn't any reason to hesitate.

But if you're really worried, there Lazo is a hoot to play. 20k range on the very accurate main guns let's you troll BBs from the other side of the map.

As of now I played 5, 6 times and I agree with you about the range, impressive, but the armour is like a cross between the Fiji and Helena as CL goes

Turns OK I guess, not overly fast 33.5 knots ( could be faster without signal flag Mike Sierra + 5% knots ) 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles

It's like Schors and many other Russian Cruisers.

Play at range and excel.  Anything else invites getting rocked hard.

Any fight where your enemies are "way over there" and spotted so you can spam shells at them from long range, like Schors, Lazo will be fantastic.

But the moment you try to scout ahead, poke around islands, go capping in front of the team, or anything where surprises can arise in possibly short ranges, like Schors, Lazo will be instantly obliterated.

Like Schors, Lazo is of considerable size.

Like Schors, Lazo doesn't maneuver well, especially in surprise, short range emergencies.

Like Schors, Lazo is spotted far away.

Like Schors, Lazo's turret traverse isn't great for short ranged surprises.

Like Schors, Lazo's torpedoes suck.

And most of all, like Schors, Lazo's armor sucks and has has an exposed citadel.

Plying "up front" is how you get rekt in both.  You've been warned.

But play from afar and spamming HE shells at range, or engaging DDs with your fast flying, low shell arc RU CL shells at intermediate ranges, this is where she excels.  She is just like Schors.

[TRGT]
Members
215 posts
4,424 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 3:03 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's like Schors and many other Russian Cruisers.

Play at range and excel.  Anything else invites getting rocked hard.

Any fight where your enemies are "way over there" and spotted so you can spam shells at them from long range, like Schors, Lazo will be fantastic.

But the moment you try to scout ahead, poke around islands, go capping in front of the team, or anything where surprises can arise in possibly short ranges, like Schors, Lazo will be instantly obliterated.

Like Schors, Lazo is of considerable size.

Like Schors, Lazo doesn't maneuver well, especially in surprise, short range emergencies.

Like Schors, Lazo is spotted far away.

Like Schors, Lazo's turret traverse isn't great for short ranged surprises.

Like Schors, Lazo's torpedoes suck.

And most of all, like Schors, Lazo's armor sucks and has has an exposed citadel.

Plying "up front" is how you get rekt in both.  You've been warned.

But play from afar and spamming HE shells at range, or engaging DDs with your fast flying, low shell arc RU CL shells at intermediate ranges, this is where she excels.  She is just like Schors.

In my last game I was able to shell an Helena outside its ability to return fire, its impressive and by the way its a nice design (for a Russian ship ) 

But I could do without the false wave that runs the lengh of the hull at the waterline. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
On 7/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, 3r22r said:

In my last game I was able to shell an Helena outside its ability to return fire, its impressive and by the way its a nice design (for a Russian ship ) 

But I could do without the false wave that runs the lengh of the hull at the waterline. 

US Cruisers fail at ranged gun battles.  Helena for all her amazing 152mm x15 firepower has trouble in ranged combat against targets that aren't big, slow Battleships.  RU Cruisers if playing their range game will easily pick them apart.

Dallas will fail at range vs Budyonny, Molotov.

Helena / Boise / Nueve di Julio would fail at range vs Schors, Lazo.

Cleveland / AL Montepelier will fail at range vs Chapayev, Irian, and LOL Kutuzov!

It's consistent.

But if you're the sort that likes to creep up forward, the US Cruisers are a better choice for that than RU Cruisers.  RU Cruisers need to stay at range, or die.  This dynamic changes a bit for High Tier RU Cruisers because their Radar invites closer ranged play and the inherent high risk / reward, but they still retain the capability to be fantastic ranged support when the situation arises again.  Pretty sure there's been a lot of DD players that get surprised sailing around, suddenly finding themselves with a newly detected Chapayev and within Radar range.  Then those fast flying, precise RU 152mm shells start crashing in.

But anyways, Lazo & Schors, don't have to worry about it.  Keep at range and keep hammering away with the guns.  It's a simple life.  I loved my time with Schors.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WAG]
Members
810 posts
10,494 battles

I have over 800 games in Shchors, so I picked it up, mainly to double up on 200% bonus first win days. Lazo is a bit less maneuverable and slower than Shchors. In theory, it has lower DPM due to 1 second longer reload, but in practice Lazo may have cases of higher DPM due to longer range, and able to get off a few salvos that Shchors would not be able to. Have not played it much, but I like it.