You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JEFFREY_LEI

Skills on the Yorck

6 comments in this topic

Members
123 posts
448 battles

So a while ago I posted a thread where I asked people what should I do with my 10 point German commander that I got from operations. I retrained it on the Yorck because it’s my highest German ship. The Yorck is a very different ship from the rest of the line so the recommended commander skill is different from the rest of the line. Should I train it based on the ship or the whole line?

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,492 battles
11 minutes ago, JEFFREY_LEI said:

So a while ago I posted a thread where I asked people what should I do with my 10 point German commander that I got from operations. I retrained it on the Yorck because it’s my highest German ship. The Yorck is a very different ship from the rest of the line so the recommended commander skill is different from the rest of the line. Should I train it based on the ship or the whole line?

The Yorck is much more representative of the next three ships in the German Cruiser line than the prior ships were.

So, re-spec the commander for the Yorck and carry him forward.

[POET]
[POET]
Members
159 posts
5,909 battles

Yeah as Manny just said, spec the Yorck commander as if youll take it to the Hindy - Its one of the awesome things about the German cruiser line, is once you get that 1st 19 point commander it gets super fast to build commanders then

[PHASE]
Members
4,709 posts
16,143 battles

The two main skills with a 10 point captain are, expert marksman for two points and concealment for four points.

The turret traverse is glacial for a cruiser and the detection is bad as well. Those would be the ones I would use, because of the number of CV's I would think of SI or BFT for three points and probably PT for 1 point.

I went with AR, DE and vigilance for my remaining big skills, vigilance to help with torp spotting as I run def fire as a consumable. My last point is in Expert loader, The Yorck's AP hits hard, it's nice to switch ammo quickly.

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles

The key decision you need to make is whether or not to take expert marksman for 2 points. Yorck’s turret traverse is slow, so it’s the skill of choice at that level for the ship. However, from Hipper on, with the exception of the stock guns on the Roon (upgrade these first before the hull) the German cruisers have very good turret traverse (22.5 second for 180 degrees) and Expert Marksman is not really needed at all. I ground through the Yorck without EM (used MBM2) and it was doable, especially given the Yorck’s good maneuverability and the fact that you will be fighting at range more often than not.

TLDR: if he’s staying on Yorck - get EM, otherwise, grab AR first.

My standard 10pt KM cruiser build is PT, AR, DE, and CE.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
428 posts
14,082 battles
6 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The key decision you need to make is whether or not to take expert marksman for 2 points. Yorck’s turret traverse is slow, so it’s the skill of choice at that level for the ship. However, from Hipper on, with the exception of the stock guns on the Roon (upgrade these first before the hull) the German cruisers have very good turret traverse (22.5 second for 180 degrees) and Expert Marksman is not really needed at all. I ground through the Yorck without EM (used MBM2) and it was doable, especially given the Yorck’s good maneuverability and the fact that you will be fighting at range more often than not.

TLDR: if he’s staying on Yorck - get EM, otherwise, grab AR first.

My standard 10pt KM cruiser build is PT, AR, DE, and CE.

This