You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

Monty guns upgrade n stuff

28 comments in this topic

[KW]
Members
600 posts

Simply yammy or conqueror guns upfit options lower the citadel and u have a ship designed for this meta.

On a side note: I speculate that the USN had to have a better bb ship design than the Monty. If so why not bring it to life.

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Boring 2

[NLIST]
Beta Testers
1,422 posts
13,661 battles

Didn't you just start a thread claiming you rage sold it this week?

Giving the Montana any of the options you just suggested would make it unbalanced and requiring nerfs in other areas to keep it balanced.  If you are so enamored of the Yamato or Conqueror, just play them instead?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[KW]
Members
600 posts
11 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Didn't you just start a thread claiming you rage sold it this week?

Giving the Montana any of the options you just suggested would make it unbalanced and requiring nerfs in other areas to keep it balanced.  If you are so enamored of the Yamato or Conqueror, just play them instead?

Whats Balanced? 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,679 posts
3,560 battles

If you ask me, Monty is the best CB battleship in the game (havent had a season with kremlin, but I feel like overall it wont upset Monty). It's the perfect all rounder. Greta range, great dispersion, 12 guns... it has it all. 

They do have another tier 10 battleship in the works. Think if Georgia is to Iowa, then Ohio is to Montana. 4 turrets, 2 457mm guns in each. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/193836-st-battleship-ohio/?tab=comments#comment-4544698

[VETSN]
Members
650 posts
5,491 battles

I didn’t really figure Monty out until this ranked season.  I built her completely wrong, but now she’s a beast.  Once Admiral Halsey is trained to 19 it’ll be even better than it is.  I’d love some 457’s on her but I doubt Ohio will be available to everyone (Steel ship).  Which is sad, I’ll have to wait about 3 years to save up enough steel and by then this game will have flying Nazi U-boats that Hitler scribbled on a handkerchief.  

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,713 posts
7,704 battles

You want 4x2 457mm guns? Wait for Ohio.

Lower her citadel, why? So people can be as citadel-prrof as Conqueror is right now (and which is due for some changes)?

And what even are you talking about meta ship? Montana was a solid pick last CB season, still is now. So you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Whats Balanced? 

Clearly not the proposal you made.

[KW]
Members
600 posts
10 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

You want 4x2 457mm guns? Wait for Ohio.

Lower her citadel, why? So people can be as citadel-prrof as Conqueror is right now (and which is due for some changes)?

And what even are you talking about meta ship? Montana was a solid pick last CB season, still is now. So you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Clearly not the proposal you made.

No the Ohio is pretty close and not everybody  plays CB so I do know what I'm talking about 

Dont mess with conqueror!!

Sticks tongue out

Members
998 posts
5,461 battles

Its odd to me that folks find conq hard to cit... shes not yammie or mino type fodder sure but she still eats them... and burns/floods a treat. Zero counters versus dds. Eats pens like no tomorrow.

Montana lacks the zombie heal but ive always found her to be tougher overall. Just dont derp around broadside or sail in straight lines and she makes it to the end of the match every time. 

Conqs HE passive meta NA server nonsense is just... boring. GK uber alles. :cap_viking:

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,713 posts
7,704 battles
21 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

No the Ohio is pretty close and not everybody  plays CB so I do know what I'm talking about 

Dont mess with conqueror!!

Sticks tongue out

You clearly have no idea about the meta.

Too late, Conqueror‘s testing is done and given how WG did not state otherwise I expect the citadel to be enlarged in the near future. So sorry if you do not understand the concept of angling and map awareness, if it‘s too much for you you can always play minesweeper.

[KW]
Members
600 posts
7 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

You clearly have no idea about the meta.

Too late, Conqueror‘s testing is done and given how WG did not state otherwise I expect the citadel to be enlarged in the near future. So sorry if you do not understand the concept of angling and map awareness, if it‘s too much for you you can always play minesweeper.

Awe you cant kill the conqueror lol

Maybe play her and learn the weeknesses 

Pow pow

Am avoiding your troll meta debate simply cause I see the Ohio and it brings me to my happy place where no trolls can exist 

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,713 posts
7,704 battles
14 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Awe you cant kill the conqueror lol

Maybe play her and learn the weeknesses 

Pow pow

Am avoiding your troll meta debate simply cause I see the Ohio and it brings me to my happy place where no trolls can exist 

I did play her, but sure, keep it up :Smile_coin:

Also I do not even struggle to kill her. Not only are you clueless, you are also lacking reading comprehension. Should I continue feeding the troll that you are?

[KW]
Members
600 posts
21 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I did play her, but sure, keep it up :Smile_coin:

Also I do not even struggle to kill her. Not only are you clueless, you are also lacking reading comprehension. Should I continue feeding the troll that you are?

Ok well 1v1 me some battles

I'll record it via obs and show you and everyone why your noob cakes and I should be privaterring bbs 

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,713 posts
7,704 battles
4 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I'll record it via obs and show you and everyone why your noob cakes.

Not quite sure why you suddenly pull an 11-y/o and go "1v1 me n00b". Oh wait, I know why...

image.thumb.png.ed311c8b753abd63f2c8e2f88065f5a3.png

• Funny 1

Members
87 posts
6,868 battles
6 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I'll record it via obs and show you and everyone why your noob cakes and I should be privaterring bbs 

This guy lmbo.
Dude, he's a wiki editor. He knows how this game works on the inside. I'm more than positive that you'll want to take those works back soon enough.

[KW]
Members
600 posts
26 minutes ago, _Shangri_La_ said:

This guy lmbo.
Dude, he's a wiki editor. He knows how this game works on the inside. I'm more than positive that you'll want to take those works back soon enough.

Wiki editor or non He decided to be rude first aka drew 1st blood.

Furthermore Doesn't know how to design a ship or implement design of a ship.

That should be left too the comunity to pick from an unrestricted pool of mods builds etc and let it balance itself. People are smarter than u think. Static design is too slow and complicated. Design needs to be implemented dynamically by the player automatically. No need to over complicate it. 

Make mmoney faster selling mods and mod packs etc plenty there to make every one else does this its tryed and true.

Then introduce new ship skeletons from time to time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

So sorry if you do not understand the concept of angling and map awareness, if it‘s too much for you you can always play minesweeper.

If someone is traveling in straight lines in open water all the time... aren't they already kinda playing a minesweeper?

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,713 posts
7,704 battles
25 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Wiki editor or non He decided to be rude first aka drew 1st blood.

So telling you that you don't understand the meta is being rude now? Okaaaaaaaay, troll for sure.

16 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Furthermore Doesn't know how to design a ship or implement design of a ship.

You are basing these words on what again? It's not like I have already written up a full tech tree split for the German Destroyer branch or designed a ship from scratch.

20 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

That should be left too the comunity to pick from an unrestricted pool of mods builds etc and let it balance itself. People are smarter than u think. Static design is too slow and complicated. Design needs to be implemented dynamically by the player automatically. No need to over complicate it. 

hahaha-no.gif.7a2adb49fd17baeb9a16381dd10be437.gif

The easiest way to kill this game is by following your steps here.

22 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Make mmoney faster selling mods and mod packs etc plenty there to make every one else does this its tryed and true. 

Then introduce new ship skeletons from time to time.

image.thumb.png.2028396ba7af232742c96e61defe9a59.png

[SIC]
Members
89 posts
4,084 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

So telling you that you don't understand the meta is being rude now? Okaaaaaaaay, troll for sure.

You are basing these words on what again? It's not like I have already written up a full tech tree split for the German Destroyer branch or designed a ship from scratch.

hahaha-no.gif.7a2adb49fd17baeb9a16381dd10be437.gif

The easiest way to kill this game is by following your steps here.

image.thumb.png.2028396ba7af232742c96e61defe9a59.png

Oh, leave the guy be. He clearly has no understanding of much. Monty does not need a buff or a nerf. Conq can 1v1 most BBs while bow on at close range.

The only ship I've been able to cit the Conq with is the GK at about 19km. 

Most people also panic and use repair early instead of taking advantage of AR.

Members
276 posts
5 hours ago, _1204_ said:

They do have another tier 10 battleship in the works. Think if Georgia is to Iowa, then Ohio is to Montana. 4 turrets, 2 457mm guns in each. 

That's a design I can get behind because the USN seriously considered doing just that. I don't see the USN dropping to 6 guns, but they would drop from 12 smaller to 8 larger guns (as they did between the Tennessee-class and the Colorado-class.) 

Personally, I think they need to build a Montana with 4 quad 14" autoloaders because everything else is unreasonable so why not 16 14" guns with a 10 second reload? (might not be serious)

Edited by User_the_n00b

[HUNGS]
Members
1,707 posts
3,603 battles
6 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Simply yammy or conqueror guns upfit options lower the citadel and u have a ship designed for this meta.

On a side note: I speculate that the USN had to have a better bb ship design than the Monty. If so why not bring it to life.

No, just because you keep exposing your broadside so the enemy can citadel you repeatedly or don't know when and where to shoot doesn't mean they have to change a ship. Monty is probably the best all rounder out there. 

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
628 posts
15,023 battles

How about we cut to the chase here and state what everyone else is thinking.  You’re just bad and cannot be bothered to learn how to play one of the most flexible battleships in the game and you want to break it to suite you. 

• Cool 2

[KW]
Members
600 posts
53 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

No, just because you keep exposing your broadside so the enemy can citadel you repeatedly or don't know when and where to shoot doesn't mean they have to change a ship. Monty is probably the best all rounder out there. 

I dont lose with the Monty that way unless the power goes out so next 

The Monty is undergunned and too easy for me to kill 

[SNPAI]
Beta Testers
26 posts
6,716 battles
24 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I dont lose with the Monty that way unless the power goes out so next 

The Monty is undergunned and too easy for me to kill 

I mean it's got punishable weakness along with strengths to balance it, not like a versitle ship has a problem dealing with the 2 best BB killing BBs in the game (Yami and Conq) since you know, it's what they do. However monty can get away with so much since while not the best at everything, she isn't lacking either. Not as good a brawler as GK but better than her at range, not as good at being mobile like Repub but is more durable against HE shells due to 37MM decks, not good at secondaries but her mains and AA guns are better than most others. It's this "I can do any task required of a BB" which makes her so strong, you'll never be "Useless" if played correctly

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
929 posts
7,697 battles

Please post the 1v1 battle on Clan Embassy server so we can pass it around and have a good laugh.