You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

The Clemson: 15k battles later (sorry seals...I didn't know...& it's all the CV reworks fault).

7 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
3,364 posts
21,651 battles

I feel like General Disarray from South Park, "SIMPSON'S CV REWORK DID IT!!!".

I went up the IJN line (BBs/CLs/both DD lines) to T7 +31 games in the T8 Fubuki before I even started the US DD line (except the Myoko...I avoided that POS for as long as I could...even did the Amagi & Izumo after maxing out both IJN DD lines & the US DD line & all 3 German lines before I ever finished it & discovered the joy & wonder that is the Mogami...I worked on it 1 battle every month or so during all of that but always found something more interesting to run than it almost every time I considered it).

I had run the Kuma for a long time (in all the T4 doable events it was my go-to ship) & I compared it to every other ship for fun factor & so by the time I got to the Clemson it was OK w/it's double racks of triple torps on each side but compared to the Kuma it was meh because it didn't have the Kuma's guns or hydro...& I was a noob w/the "get to cap & shoot it out w/whatever is spotted (stealth...what's that?)" playstyle...heck...I even HE spammed my way all the way through the Nagato while charging caps to try to kill DDs because that's what you do in the Kuma (longest grind in video game history...couldn't wait to sell that POS...but boy did I feel embarrassed when @generaldort (07) ranked out on every server w/1 ship & 1 ship only (I did buy it back during the snowflakes w/the intention of giving it another shot now that I know how to hit citadels...but still haven't gotten around to running it other than for the snowflake). Of course he probably averaged twice my highest game ever in it (130,794) whereas I averaged 26,270...196 battles/39%-77W/119L/668 XP...but at least I survived 68 battles...only survived 10/110 battles in the Myoko).

So forgive me seals as even though I have heard plenty about the Clemson in chat I just remembered it as a meh boat...it wasn't until I noticed that it wasn't elite all of a sudden when it had been before & my OCD demanded me to set it as a priority ship that the trouble started...& even though I only put an 11 point commander on it all my years of learning to spot & use stealth in a DD kicked in & I've hurt quite a few of you really-really badly the last few battles.

But I'm up to 9,936 of the 11,000 I need to elite it again so it's only gonna be 1 more battle & as I said before it's all the CV reworks fault...I had no intention of running it again & didn't think I even needed to as they told us we weren't going to lose anything on account of the CV rework but I remember having run the BBs to open the CV line & just assumed they would have the T4s still researched for us...guess I shouldn't have opted to start them over again from scratch...didn't read the fine print.

Even though I can hit cits now I still suck at this game & I managed to get 92k damage in a battle whereas my average in 31 battles is 18,200 even w/the 92k battle to boost it from where it was (yes...that's how bad I was when I 1st ran it) so all of you people that run the Clemson shame on you for what you are doing to those poor seals on a regular basis.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
11,252 posts
20,261 battles

You should try playing things like South Carolina, Nassau, Wyoming, or Myogi again and see how 'bad' they really are after all your experience.

Such fun choping some destroyer to bits that thinks you're just another dumb battleship.

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I feel like General Disarray from South Park, "SIMPSON'S CV REWORK DID IT!!!".

I went up the IJN line (BBs/CLs/both DD lines) to T7 +31 games in the T8 Fubuki before I even started the US DD line (except the Myoko...I avoided that POS for as long as I could...even did the Amagi & Izumo after maxing out both IJN DD lines & the US DD line & all 3 German lines before I ever finished it & discovered the joy & wonder that is the Mogami...I worked on it 1 battle every month or so during all of that but always found something more interesting to run than it almost every time I considered it).

I had run the Kuma for a long time (in all the T4 doable events it was my go-to ship) & I compared it to every other ship for fun factor & so by the time I got to the Clemson it was OK w/it's double racks of triple torps on each side but compared to the Kuma it was meh because it didn't have the Kuma's guns or hydro...& I was a noob w/the "get to cap & shoot it out w/whatever is spotted (stealth...what's that?)" playstyle...heck...I even HE spammed my way all the way through the Nagato while charging caps to try to kill DDs because that's what you do in the Kuma (longest grind in video game history...couldn't wait to sell that POS...but boy did I feel embarrassed when @generaldort (07) ranked out on every server w/1 ship & 1 ship only (I did buy it back during the snowflakes w/the intention of giving it another shot now that I know how to hit citadels...but still haven't gotten around to running it other than for the snowflake). Of course he probably averaged twice my highest game ever in it (130,794) whereas I averaged 26,270...196 battles/39%-77W/119L/668 XP...but at least I survived 68 battles...only survived 10/110 battles in the Myoko).

So forgive me seals as even though I have heard plenty about the Clemson in chat I just remembered it as a meh boat...it wasn't until I noticed that it wasn't elite all of a sudden when it had been before & my OCD demanded me to set it as a priority ship that the trouble started...& even though I only put an 11 point commander on it all my years of learning to spot & use stealth in a DD kicked in & I've hurt quite a few of you really-really badly the last few battles.

But I'm up to 9,936 of the 11,000 I need to elite it again so it's only gonna be 1 more battle & as I said before it's all the CV reworks fault...I had no intention of running it again & didn't think I even needed to as they told us we weren't going to lose anything on account of the CV rework but I remember having run the BBs to open the CV line & just assumed they would have the T4s still researched for us...guess I shouldn't have opted to start them over again from scratch...didn't read the fine print.

Even though I can hit cits now I still suck at this game & I managed to get 92k damage in a battle whereas my average in 31 battles is 18,200 even w/the 92k battle to boost it from where it was (yes...that's how bad I was when I 1st ran it) so all of you people that run the Clemson shame on you for what you are doing to those poor seals on a regular basis.

Sounds like some one likes the easy button. See its not cv its t4 DD

• Confused 1

[Y0L0]
Members
9,873 posts
13,704 battles

just about every bote in t4 can club seals, but for my self,  cruisers are the real seal clubber.  they do require bit more skill, but you can set the world on fire with them  :D

[PVE]
Members
3,364 posts
21,651 battles
8 hours ago, centarina said:

just about every bote in t4 can club seals, but for my self,  cruisers are the real seal clubber.  they do require bit more skill, but you can set the world on fire with them  :D

Oh yeah...not saying it is better than the Kuma...but it is still a majorly trolly ship...I just didn't realize how trolly as I didn't have the proper skills to bring out it's full potential when I ran it originally & never went back to it since running it back then as I was grinding up the tree & didn't generally drop back down to rerun the already finished ships.