You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Question for Coop Players who are partaking in the Battle of the Philippine Sea event

33 comments in this topic

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

So this one is for any and all Coop Players.

Are you able to get the 1250 Base XP for the current Battle of the Philippine Sea event? For the IJN ships that is. Are you able to get it at T4 or T5? Is this realistically possible? Meaning within reason and without having the feeling of wanting to pull your hair out.

Since the event allows the use of Coop, but I know Coop gives almost nothing when it comes to rewards for players who use the mode, I am curious to hear if anyone who mains Coop has been able to get 1250 base XP.

Thanks!

Edited by Phasferous

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,130 posts
17,275 battles

No and Frankly Scarlett I don't give a …...

[H_]
Members
2,449 posts

No.  Not even close.  Earlier, when we were out, there were so many "other players" in COOP, the games were a mess....  I've never seen "hiding" in COOP as you see it in "other modes", but, it was there a few hours ago....???  I doubt you can get 1250 in COOP......  I've never done it.  Anyone else do it, I'd love to see the screenshot !   This entire event is about as confusing as I've seen in game.  No score board or ways to even check progress?? 

Talk about a serious lack of quality.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
14 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Are you able to get the 1250 Base XP for the current Battle of the Philippine Sea event?

No. Not in Coop. Usual is around 3 three to four hundred.

Doing coop is just for the win point. Do Random for the 1250 and the two points.

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
1 minute ago, DracoTB said:

No. Not in Coop. Usual is around 3 three to four hundred.

Doing coop is just for the win point. Do Random for the 1250 and the two points.

Except from what I am reading, no one knows if you can even get win points unless you complete the main objective. And if that's the case then I don't get why they even allowed Coop Players to take part if you can't get any points within Coop.

Overall, sounds like they gave all their Coop players a massive slap in the face. That's what it sounds like to me at least.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts

No. I have thousands of co-op battles at all tiers, and the highest I've ever seen is myself in the 800-900 range.
Furthermore, the wording of the requirements is confusing, and there has been no clarification.
I read it like this.. (for USA)
You MUST score 750 base xp for 1 point. If you do that, AND, you win, you get 2 points.
For me that means Random only, Tiers 6-7 only.
I got my 10 points this morning using an Atlanta/Helena/Dallas in a handful of random battles.
Didn't take long, I went in guns blazing.

A lot of players seem to think that all you need is a win in co-op to count as a point. I don't think that's correct, as it's called a 'secondary' objective, which usually means you must finish the primary for it to count.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,147 posts
21,333 battles

1250 would be a huge game, IIRC that is close to my highest score I have ever gotten playing the mode and I have 15,000 games playing the mode.... 

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
3 minutes ago, z9_ said:

A lot of players seem to think that all you need is a win in co-op to count as a point. I don't think that's correct, as it's called a 'secondary' objective, which usually means you must finish the primary for it to count.

Ya. That's what I thought and have been reading around the forums.

@Taylor3006

Saw you had replied in my other thread and here's a good suggest as to why Coop rewards need to be buffed. Coop players are still being harmed with events such as this.

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
5 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Furthermore, the wording of the requirements is confusing, and there has been no clarification.
You MUST score 750 base xp for 1 point. If you do that, AND, you win, you get 2 points.

I read it as if a person completes the main objective they get the points for that (1 point for US, 2 points for IJN)

If they then win you secondary objective they get a point for that.

Winning always gets a point.

8 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Nope.

Completing the secondary has nothing to do with the primary.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,575 posts
6,075 battles
6 minutes ago, z9_ said:

No. I have thousands of co-op battles at all tiers, and the highest I've ever seen is myself in the 800-900 range.
For me that means Random only, Tiers 6-7 only.
I got my 10 points this morning using an Atlanta/Helena/Dallas in a handful of random battles.
Didn't take long, I went in guns blazing.

This has already been cleared up in another thread.  10 wins, 10 points, regardless of xp total.  There is even a link to the EU forums where a WG staff member said as much.

750 base xp is difficult, but not impossible.  I have done it many times before, but it requires a VERY strong game.

Co-op mains can still get up to 4 crates.  2 crates for the 10 wins and 2 more if their chosen navy wins the event.

[TDRB]
Members
2,993 posts
9,017 battles

Got 10 wins on but no crates. Do you get them at the end of the event?

Yes, all US ships, the side I joined, & T5-6 & 7's.

Edited by kgh52

[WOLF3]
Members
1,575 posts
6,075 battles
19 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Got 10 wins on but no crates. Do you get them at the end of the event?

Yes, all US ships, the side I joined, & T5-6 & 7's.

Prizes paid out after the event is done.

[TDRB]
Members
2,993 posts
9,017 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Prizes paid out after the event is done.

I was thinking so but it appeared some were saying they received their containers in other threads.

Thanks.

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

So this one is for any and all Coop Players.

Are you able to get the 1250 Base XP for the current Battle of the Philippine Sea event? For the IJN ships that is. Are you able to get it at T4 or T5? Is this realistically possible? Meaning within reason and without having the feeling of wanting to pull your hair out.

Since the event allows the use of Coop, but I know Coop gives almost nothing when it comes to rewards for players who use the mode, I am curious to hear if anyone who mains Coop has been able to get 1250 base XP.

Thanks!

1250 is pretty much the max possible in the mode and that was pre 8.0 when you could shoot down a lot of planes that really help. I have over 14K Co-op games and 1219 is my highest BXP (Montana). It was a monster game with lots of caps and tons of planes down. Only way I have ever broken 1000 never mind reach 1250+.

Also, I just don't see 1250 happening for the qualifying tiers of T4-T7. To get into the 1250 range it is really going to take a T9/T10 and without the planes to down I doubt it. Best I have done in an IJN ship that qualifies is 790'ish which is not even close to 1250. Best on the US side, which would do the 750 is 894 in Atlanta and like 805 in New Mexico. Have lots of high 600's and low 700's but only 2 that broke that 750 in qualifying tiers. Even 750 is difficult for Co-op in those tiers.

Best I have done since 8.0 dropped, in any ship, is high 900's. The 750 is doable but still hard because of the tiers involved. 1250, just don't see it.

BUT, with the above said, wins in Co-op are about a 90% certainty so you will get more of them than you will in Randoms where it is 50%. So it sort of balances it out. Win = 1 pt. Breaking 750/1250 = 1 pt. Pretty much every game in Co-op gets you a point. You may or may not win or break the BXP threshold for a Random game.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
256 posts
3,287 battles

ooops.....wrong door....sorry

Edited by ColdwaterCowboy_1
changesd my mind
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
11,237 posts

As others have pointed out because you always get a point for winning, COOP is the easiest and most hassle free way to get points because the winrate is so close to 100%. This makes the base xp irrelevant as coop matches average a much shorter match time.

Members
4,438 posts

I can see where people get confused:

• Main Objectives: Hit 1,250 Base XP in battle.
  • Outcome from each completed objective:Team Points.
  • Secondary Objectives: Win battles.
  • Outcome from each completed objective1 Team Point.

It could be more clearly laid out to avoid confusion that a player could still earn win points without main objective points.

As for this, didn't really care.

*edit*

Looked up and my highest XP game in coop is almost 1350 in the Alabama, but not sure if that's base with or without premium, it is without additional xp modifiers.

Edited by Wowzery

[RLGN]
Members
11,277 posts
20,288 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

750 base xp is difficult, but not impossible.  I have done it many times before, but it requires a VERY strong game.

Co-op mains can still get up to 4 crates.  2 crates for the 10 wins and 2 more if their chosen navy wins the event.

My understanding from an early post is that the BXP is addative, not necessarily scored in a single battle, despite what the news article seems to indicate.

Wins are still easier in Co-op.

In any case; the lack of clarity, and lack of a tracking tool, like with almost any other task/mission, is a glaring fault of the event.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
1,575 posts
6,075 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

My understanding from an early post is that the BXP is addative, not necessarily scored in a single battle, despite what the news article seems to indicate.

Wins are still easier in Co-op.

In any case; the lack of clarity, and lack of a tracking tool, like with almost any other task/mission, is a glaring fault of the event.

I am in 100% agreement with you on this.  You have to wonder what people that do not frequent the forums do when confronted with the ambiguous language used to describe these events.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,666 posts
1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

I can see where people get confused:

• snip

It could be more clearly laid out to avoid confusion that a player could still earn win points without main objective points.

snip

I'm not convinced you actually gain a point for a win, if you haven't achieved the Primary XP Objective.  Carefully note the article excerpts below.

I searched but didn't find any confirmation/clarification on the forum from a WG employee.  Can anyone point to such?  Thanks.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
clarification

Members
2,635 posts
9,840 battles
3 hours ago, Phasferous said:

Are you able to get the 1250 Base XP for the current Battle of the Philippine Sea event? For the IJN ships that is. Are you able to get it at T4 or T5? Is this realistically possible?

I think it’s not realistic.  Highest tier for this event is 7, I took Atlanta into few co-op games for this event.  My best game was 100k damage with 4 kills, and that does not happen all that often - simply because the games are over too quickly.  I barely went over 600 base XP.  You need twice that, so I would say good luck.

Having said that it looks like you still get 1 point for win, and you only need 10 wins, and co-op games are quick with nearly 100% win rate, so there is that.

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles

I'm approaching 100 battles in COOP this weekend and I've only had 1 loss.  I doubt I'll come close to the top three prizes but it's soo much less stressful here and I finished the Ryujo grind, so I look forward to playing the Shokaku when this even is done.

Members
4,438 posts
1 hour ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

I doubt I'll come close to the top three prizes but it's soo much less stressful here

Yep, honestly the fun aspect for me is coming in and sinking something else.  So much nicer in coop as the bots don't get salty if you detonate them in one shot.

Members
499 posts
3,806 battles
1 minute ago, Wowzery said:

Yep, honestly the fun aspect for me is coming in and sinking something else.  So much nicer in coop as the bots don't get salty if you detonate them in one shot.

Funny when you get detonated by a bot on their first hit though.  :cap_wander_2:

Edited by I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam
  • Funny 1