Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nato101

Default zoom-view?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

Is there a way I can change it? You can set the the ship view to max zoom out, but the gun-zoom?

I zoom out 2x by default in my DD. It's getting annoying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
3 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

Is there a way I can change it? You can set the the ship view to max zoom out, but the gun-zoom?

I zoom out 2x by default in my DD. It's getting annoying...

I set my middle mouse button (the scroll wheel push down) to zoom right in, this way I don't have to use the shift key but you can play with your mouse scroll wheel mouse settings as to what 1 click is valued to, hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

I set my middle mouse button (the scroll wheel push down) to zoom right in, this way I don't have to use the shift key but you can play with your mouse scroll wheel mouse settings as to what 1 click is valued to, hope this helps

I can click my mouse wheel, but my issue is that I don't want to be max-zoomed all the time. usually as soon as the battle starts, I shift and zoom out 2 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
3 minutes ago, Nato101 said:

I can click my mouse wheel, but my issue is that I don't want to be max-zoomed all the time. usually as soon as the battle starts, I shift and zoom out 2 times.

the reason I use the push on the scroll wheel is that I dont have to take my hand off the mouse so click and scroll can be one action. I don't get to complicated with the scroll in and out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

the reason I use the push on the scroll wheel is that I dont have to take my hand off the mouse so click and scroll can be one action. I don't get to complicated with the scroll in and out

Yes, but you'd stated that you set it to "zoom right in", whereas I'd like to zoom out 2x... Can I do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
1 minute ago, Nato101 said:

Yes, but you'd stated that you set it to "zoom right in", whereas I'd like to zoom out 2x... Can I do that?

maybe if you set up a macro key to do it, not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

maybe if you set up a macro key to do it, not sure

yeah, that's the issue. I just want an in-game option for the setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,441
[TBW]
Members
8,028 posts
14,645 battles
4 hours ago, Nato101 said:

I can click my mouse wheel, but my issue is that I don't want to be max-zoomed all the time. usually as soon as the battle starts, I shift and zoom out 2 times.

You can set it in settings to zoom out at the start of the battle. I like to be zoomed out a bit more so I use Yazom from Aslains modpack. It's most helpful to make sure no ships are cutting in front of you when firing torps.

Do you mean zoomed in and then back 2 clicks?

There are a lot of zoom options in the modpacks, the only one that I have checked out is YAZOM.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
438
[-BRS-]
Members
1,095 posts
5,792 battles

I have to tell you OP the zoom mods do the opposite.  They give you more zoom (higher levels of zoom in).  I can't imagine playing zoomed back twice, it would make it harder to land accurate shots.  I do not think there is any way to have that as your default to answer your question.  Some mice software does have macros features, though I have never tried.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can set it in settings to zoom out at the start of the battle. I like to be zoomed out a bit more so I use Yazom from Aslains modpack. It's most helpful to make sure no ships are cutting in front of you when firing torps.

Do you mean zoomed in and then back 2 clicks?

There are a lot of zoom options in the modpacks, the only one that I have checked out is YAZOM.

Zoomed in and 2 back yes. I don't want to use mods though.

It's OK, I'll just have to deal with it.

 

5 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I have to tell you OP the zoom mods do the opposite.  They give you more zoom (higher levels of zoom in).  I can't imagine playing zoomed back twice, it would make it harder to land accurate shots.  I do not think there is any way to have that as your default to answer your question.  Some mice software does have macros features, though I have never tried.

I play DDs. It's too much at close ranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×