You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Georgia guns

76 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
390 posts
7,698 battles

I really want to get the Georgia but the one thing I'm worried about is it only having 6 guns. Makes me have bad memories about the Gnesineau and how terrible those guns were. Can anyone put me at ease about this concern? If you slap APM2 in the sixth slot due they behave? TIA

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,622 posts
15,905 battles

Watch any YouTube video on her....

Wargame has one specific about her....

The guns are not the problem....

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

She's got good guns, but is very vulnerable broadside, and tends to get herself into trouble due to a combination of high speed, and bad players trying to get her secondaries into action early in a battle.

The ship isn't in any way, shape or form a brawler - she's a mid-to-long-range sniper and flanker that happens to have really great secondaries.

• Cool 1

[KREW]
Members
145 posts
8,585 battles

I have the Georgia and I would definitely recommend it. I didn't care for the Gnesineau  either, but the guns on the Georgia are VERY much more accurate, especially with the APM2, and they hit like a train. I am honestly amazed at the accuracy that they have and the amount of damage/citadels that I get with only 6 guns. I just had a game a little earlier where I sunk 2 Musashis in the same game, and scored 7 citadels between them.

I would highly recommend her. The main guns do really good damage, even with just 6, the secondaries  do a LOT of damage in many games (and I am only 1/2 spec'd into them), and the speed boost is really much more useful than I thought it would be. I find her a whole lot of fun to play. (I do, however, play mostly coop, so bear that in mind. I can't say for sure how she'll do in other venues.)

I hope you enjoy her as much as I am.

Anchors aweigh, mate...

:cap_like:

Edited by FuBard123
clarification
  • Cool 3

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,718 posts
7,708 battles

Advice from my part, do not compare Georgia to Gneisenau. Except for their main caliber gun count they are drastically different ships.

Gneisenau has a ~22.4% larger dispersion ellipse at 15km, adding in dispersion reductions from the modules this goes up to ~27.9%. Now don't be fooled into thinking that these numbers can be compared directly. We are talking ellipses here, where the radius gets squared. So in terms of surface area in which your shell lands the difference will approach ~63.6%. So Gneisenau's shells will disperse over an area that is roughly 64% larger than that of Georgia. And this is before we add in sigma and how it affects things with different sized dispersion ellipses.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts

Having played against a lot of Georgia's, I can tell you that I'm not afraid of them, in fact I target them.

A salvo of HE on a Georgia brings me a lot more initial damage than most ships, and like most American ships, it catches fire like the ship is constantly soaked in gasoline.

Also, when they shoot back, it seldom produces noticeable damage, unless they get lucky.

2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Watch any YouTube video on her....

Don't trust utoob videos.
WG-CC's get a lot of perks, like ships with 'special' dispersion.
Non CC's will only post the one great battle they had, not the 20 crappy battles they had to suffer thru in order to get there.

I watch all the videos, and they are very helpful, but my final decision comes from a consensus of what I read in the forums.
From what I've read, it seems to be 50/50. Some people are getting great accuracy, others are not.
So I'm hoarding my coal for now, and waiting for those other ships to come out first.

Note: My experience has been that most of the ships in this game have horrible accuracy, so I go with the philosophy of,
'The more crap you throw at the wall, the better the chance that something will stick.'

Caveat: Everybody in these forums bragged about the Accuracy of the new Russian BBs, so I got the Tier 5 Vikhicky,
and the guns are garbage at all ranges, even the so-called sweet spot at 10-12 km.
Example, I was broadside to broadside against a mirror image of myself, at a range of 2.5 km, and I watched my
full salvo spray shells all over the screen & not land a single hit, much less a pen.
"Can't hit the broadside of a battleship".
Sure, I can make it work, but it's not a fun ship to play. And don't get me started on that 33s reload.
Now.. They are saying "wait till you get to the Kremil, that's where it shines". Yeah, whatever.
(I really only got it bcuz I'm interested in the Slava.)

• Funny 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[HINON]
Supertester
21,363 posts
15,060 battles
23 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Really? You actually believe that?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Really? You actually believe that?

It's called Game Marketing 101. Visit your local public library. It's a wonderful place.

Here's some fun stuff to get you started..

And this..

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[FOG]
Members
620 posts
6,486 battles

I got mine yesterday and have a total of 1 (glorious) Coop battle in her. (And since I am not gummed up with a lot of excess information I can speak very freely about her....)

Her guns are fine and although you sure notice only the four rounds going out when advancing they are really quite accurate and do hit hard. I have a full secondary build on her along with a Massachusetts Captain and her secondaries are excellent, as expected. What I really noticed was the significant advantage the Speed Boost offered, for example, positioning around an island to attack a remaining Montana bot. It really can be a game changer.

For my level and type of play, she is great.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,363 posts
15,060 battles
12 minutes ago, z9_ said:

It's called Game Marketing 101. Visit your local public library. It's a wonderful place.

<snip>

And this..

<snip>

You know, normally when people start making claims there is this thing called burden of proof.  Where is your proof? Linking random videos that have nothing to do with WoWS is not proof. Show me any shred of evidence that even suggests what you claim is happening here is happening and I might be inclined to think you any more credible than, say, this picture implies.

v8Uvhbt.jpg

There are plenty of CC videos available where dispersion is clearly shown in practical use, and plenty of non-CC videos about showing the same. Yes, people only upload their good games, but dispersion between games remains the same, a person's aim, positioning and tactical choices don't. Plus, I work enough with CCs to know that they don't get 'speshul' dispersion.

But you're not going to take my word for it, and just going to believe what you want to believe and spout your nonsense with no proof whatsoever. It's actually almost funny.

<Edit> Just look at CCs hitrates in ships and equally skilled 'normal'players with the same ships. If CCs got speshul ships with super dispersion there'd be a very clear difference shown there.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts

The United States Government Patent Office has a website. You can read the patents for yourself.

As far as CC's getting perks, we've already jacked them in other games, where they made mistakes on their videos. It's old news.

But that's ok, you keep right on believing that politicians never lie, and the corporation cares about the customer. It's a free world.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 5
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,363 posts
15,060 battles
8 minutes ago, z9_ said:

The United States Government Patent Office has a website. You can read the patents for yourself.

As far as CC's getting perks, we've already jacked them in other games, where they made mistakes on their videos. It's old news.

But that's ok, you keep right on believing that politicians never lie, and the corporation cares about the customer. It's a free world.

Again, where is your proof? Your 'proof' amounts to saying 'married people exist, therefor everyone is married'.

Like I said, compare hitrates between CCs and equally skilled players in specific ships. They'll be close enough to be functionally the same.

But, of course, now you'll say that WG fudges those numbers and just makes them up, because that's what you've chosen to believe. Everything is a conspiracy, everything is horrible, everyone lies and only you know the truth.

See earlier posted picture.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,390 posts
2,982 battles
30 minutes ago, z9_ said:

What are you even talking about?

If the CC's had doctored ships, those ships would be in the game code. And believe me, if such a thing existed the data miners would have found out long before now and we would all know about it.

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
4 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I really want to get the Georgia but the one thing I'm worried about is it only having 6 guns. Makes me have bad memories about the Gnesineau and how terrible those guns were. Can anyone put me at ease about this concern? If you slap APM2 in the sixth slot due they behave? TIA

Georgia is going to find itself alongside Missouri,    once they get all the money they can out of her,  you will see..  " We are removing Georgia from the arsenal, after further review we have deemed this ship to be too powerful"

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,363 posts
15,060 battles
9 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

What are you even talking about?

If the CC's had doctored ships, those ships would be in the game code. And believe me, if such a thing existed the data miners would have found out long before now and we would all know about it.

Good point, that too.

But why do we expect him to listen to reason ...

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,718 posts
7,708 battles
44 minutes ago, z9_ said:

So saying that something happened, but not leaving a shred of evidence of it actually happening counts as prood? Alrighty~

I hacked myself into WG HQ, dove into their dirtiest secrets (there was even a Kuma with 40 Torpedo Tubes, eww), and found clear evidence of them not fudging with numbers. I punlished this a few years ago in a not-further-elaborated location. It's old news.

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Again, where is your proof?

I told you where the proof is. I don't have the time to teach you how to read, or which schools to attend.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

Everything is a conspiracy

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but a gamer can spot a ninja nerf the first hour it goes into effect.
You're in the minority, but that's ok, somebody has to do it.

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,614 posts
9,810 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

I told you where the proof is. I don't have the time to teach you how to read, or which schools to attend.

You have no proof.  You are full of guano.

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,718 posts
7,708 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

So in other words, you have no proof.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,322 posts
16,136 battles
6 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I hated the knees now but I'm loving the Georgia ...can't compare guns at all. The dispersion is awesome and they hit like a truck.

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
478 posts
10,265 battles

The ship is basically a cruiser with BB guns and I took reload over accuracy. My point of view is more of less equals success. There are some troll moments of dispersion and there are times you will question why you spent the coal. Then in a flash of what seem like miracles you start killing everything and with a full spec secondary commander you rack up the damage. I would recommend this ship if you can aim consistently or have the courage to learn with the ship. It will get you in to trouble fast with its speed (34.6 knots) with speed flag and upwards of 38-39 knots with the speed boost. So you can truly be a pirate in this ship hack and slash your way forwards and sideways. What makes this a unique and truly pleasurable ship is you can play her as you see fit. After all these are just words and the truth is in the experience. Good luck either way.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,804 posts
1,267 battles
4 hours ago, z9_ said:

Having played against a lot of Georgia's, I can tell you that I'm not afraid of them, in fact I target them.

A salvo of HE on a Georgia brings me a lot more initial damage than most ships, and like most American ships, it catches fire like the ship is constantly soaked in gasoline.

Also, when they shoot back, it seldom produces noticeable damage, unless they get lucky.

Don't trust utoob videos.
Non CC's will only post the one great battle they had, not the 20 crappy battles they had to suffer thru in order to get there.

I watch all the videos, and they are very helpful, but my final decision comes from a consensus of what I read in the forums.
From what I've read, it seems to be 50/50. Some people are getting great accuracy, others are not.
So I'm hoarding my coal for now, and waiting for those other ships to come out first.

Note: My experience has been that most of the ships in this game have horrible accuracy, so I go with the philosophy of,
'The more crap you throw at the wall, the better the chance that something will stick.'

Caveat: Everybody in these forums bragged about the Accuracy of the new Russian BBs, so I got the Tier 5 Vikhicky,
and the guns are garbage at all ranges, even the so-called sweet spot at 10-12 km.
Example, I was broadside to broadside against a mirror image of myself, at a range of 2.5 km, and I watched my
full salvo spray shells all over the screen & not land a single hit, much less a pen.
"Can't hit the broadside of a battleship".
Sure, I can make it work, but it's not a fun ship to play. And don't get me started on that 33s reload.
Now.. They are saying "wait till you get to the Kremil, that's where it shines". Yeah, whatever.
(I really only got it bcuz I'm interested in the Slava.)

Are you gonna try telling me that the government is using chemicals to turn frogs gay next?

• Funny 1

[BS]
Members
1,645 posts
8,496 battles
3 hours ago, z9_ said:

And this..

Is this why I always seem to win my first match? :-P

Why would they want that?

EJ

[KAPPA]
Members
881 posts
6,053 battles

Seeing as we have gone off on a wild ride down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole, here are some factual numbers to get us back on track. As I point out in my signature line, I have two accounts separated (mostly) by side in WWII, the name difference being an underscore between Harlock and 222 and I don't hide my stats so anyone can fact check me if they care to. Bear in mind, I choose to live in co-op these days, so you have to remember to check PvE stats if you want the most current numbers. First, Gneisenau, the 'infamous' 'stormtrooper' ship; I have a 44% main battery hit ratio with her in the 207 battles played with in in co-op. Compare that to my USN/Allies account's Georgia, which with 75 battles played, has a 56% hit rate (and I do use the USN BB dispersion reduction upgrade). Two other points of data, my Missouri, which also uses the accuracy upgrade, gets a 50% hit ratio across the 194 battles played and Iowa, which is setup to favor reload to accuracy, has a 44% hit ratio over 66 battles played. Yeah, I do neglect my USN/Allies account compared to the IJN/Axis one (I found fairly early on that I tend to favor IJN ships and certain German BBs), but I'm starting to work on the USN one a bit more when I get the time (what I'd give to just be able to merge them, hint, hint WG).

A quick scan of my other German BBs shows that Gneis is actually one of the standouts for accuracy, several others like Tirpitz and Scharnhorst are down in the high to mid 30% range, possibly because I feel more comfortable taking speculative shots at range with them than I do with Gneis. Either way, Georgia is perfectly capable of making main battery hits, it's down to the judgement and skill of the player that determines how effective they are (things like timing, shot placement, lead calculation, ammo type choice, prediction of enemy course, positioning, and judging the relative angle fall under this). That said, she's still at her most effective when her built-in CLAA can be brought to bear. (For reference, the Atlanta class were designated as CLAA after the war.)

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[BS]
Members
1,645 posts
8,496 battles
34 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

So in other words, you have no proof.

Murphy's law and Occam's razor are not on your side when it comes to video game companies conspiring to get you to spend money. If it doesn't exist now, it probably will in the future.

EJ