You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

For sale on Ebay rights (partial) to the wrecks of 3 BB and a CL at Scapa Flow

6 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
1,676 posts
14,651 battles

I kid you not!  For a mear 250,000 Pounds, the right to take artifacts from the SMS Konig, SMS Markplaz. SMS Kronprinz Wilhelm, and the Light Cruiser SMS Karlsruhe AT Scapa Flow where they were scuttled by their crews at the end of the Great War.

According to the BBC, the ships are now considered monuments at sea, and while divers can swim around the exterior, the ships cannot be entered. The new owners would be allowed to access them and retrieve artifacts from the ships.

So, got a spare quarter million laying about?

Privateers, Supertester
864 posts
4,877 battles

It's 250k GBP for each of the battleships. (60k for the Karlsruhe).

Secondly, you'd have to apply for any artifacts you wished to retrieve, and hope the British government granted you a license for such act.

Anything they deem salvage, however, is illegal.

On the topic at hand, however, it'll be interesting to see who (if anybody) do buy it, and what they do with it.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,384 battles

If I was a billionaire, then definitely. Just to be able to say you owned an Imperial German battleship; to hold onto a major piece of the apex (thus far; it's been all downhill since 1918) of German civilization. Sigh - if only.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,003 posts
5,475 battles
4 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

It's 250k GBP for each of the battleships. (60k for the Karlsruhe).

Secondly, you'd have to apply for any artifacts you wished to retrieve, and hope the British government granted you a license for such act.

Anything they deem salvage, however, is illegal.

On the topic at hand, however, it'll be interesting to see who (if anybody) do buy it, and what they do with it.

Tell me you dont want a karlsruhe hatch/door for your front door or office door... :Smile_hiding:

[HEROS]
Members
1,676 posts
14,651 battles

Honestly I'd prefer some of the table service from the officer wardroom.  Not so much ship fittings as Item of cultural significance.   There would have been a painting of the Kaiser in the officer wardroom...  things like that.