Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Awe5ome

My favourite ships (June 2019) in World of Warships

10 comments in this topic

[PHU]
Members
90 posts
5,190 battles

To get things started sorry I haven't posted in a while... who am I kidding no people here actually noticed moving straight into things with top 5 favourite ships in the game.

5. HMS HOOD

365180bd44dd69ac59ed59ce54741a4c.jpg

Now those of you who actually have read some of my previous posts might be wondering why this ship made it into my top 5 favourite ships in the game since I complain about it all the bloody time. And my answer to that is because it's the Hood, the ship in-game is horrible, not worth the money and could really use some love, but it's still the Hood and I love it for that. I mean the ship's guns are inconsistent as h*ll sometimes you'll have 5 shells pen a broadside target from 0.7km away and only do 5000 damage. And other times 1 pen can cause 7000 damage on an Izumo from 15km away (I seriously have no clue what happened there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

4. HMS Vanguard

616967191_HMSVanguard.thumb.png.ce4c7250096197c1336d094c40a8c9bb.png

This ship fits pretty well in the current game meta with good long range, accurate guns that come with a 67° auto-bounce angle and a decent anti-aircraft armament. Along with its excellent maneuverability, this ship evades incoming shells and torpedoes like an 8th grader with a homework assignment. Vanguard also gets an improved Repair Party consumable, allowing her to shrug off most Fire and Flood damage, however, she suffers from some really big drawbacks that make her unappealing to a British battleship jeniuses. Firstly it has a big citadel when compared to her T8 British counterpart Monarch (that's about to change shortly though) showing a broadside in Vanguard will easily result in you eating a 20-30k salvo. Sadly because of the turret traverse angles, you'll be showing a lot of broadside in a fight so those citadels will happen a lot. And like with all other British battleships Vanguard suffers from her 32mm of amour everywhere, you will take a ton of HE pens which you can only heal back 50% of the damage received. All around this ship is a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a T8 premium battleship.

3. HMS Exeter

(last British one I swear... more or less... probably less... definitely less)

8fc583d4-4626-11e9-9f55-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

I have already done a review on the Exeter see:

2. USS Indianapolis

15d08e5e-21d3-11e6-9765-d89d6715223c_120

Now, this ship I only recently picked up but it has quickly become one of my all-time favourites. Firstly it's an absolutely beautiful ship, the camo is interesting and the ship is very symmetrical. You could split this ship down the middle (insert I sawed this boat in half joke) and the two halves would look almost exactly the same. Along with this, Indianapolis has the longest base range (ex Alaska) at 16.91km. This meaning that you can be farther away from the action like the cheeky cruiser you are and rain fire from the heavens. Also unusually this T7 cruiser gets Radar, which is useless most of the time unless you suicide to use it, but you know... its there. All around if you WASD hack this ship will perform even in T9 battles. I do not regret this purchase. :)    

1. HMS Conqueror

(I lied :Smile_trollface:)

e3503e76-89cc-11e7-8868-d89d6715223c_120

To be honest I actually had to think about which ship I enjoyed playing more Kurfurst, or Conkek. But ultimately decided on the Conqueror because of the AP damage I've been dealing in this ship lately. I think I'd place my Kurfurst where the Vanguard is now but I'm too lazy to go back and change it so yeah deal with it I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Anyways the Conkek is a ship that is often driven by jeniuses who can't figure out where their "W" key is. Most drive this British biscuit at the edge of the map where they fire HE for 20m straight then complain about the team being idiots before dying with 90% of their health bar intact. These people give British battleships a bad rep and I actually have to thank those jeniuses because without them I'd probably do 50% less damage a game. Nothing is more satisfying than watching a Moskva pop up 10km away broadside, expecting you to fire HE and instead slapping them with AP for 70k damage 3m into the game. It also has a decent AA suit, for my Conkek I use: AA mod 1, along with AA mod 2 and Manual control for AA (if people want I could do a review on the Conkek). However, because this ship is most useful at medium range playing this aggressively often means getting the living h*ll spammed out of you. And because of the super heal smrt players will often get themselves into situations where their being shot at by 7 people with no way to disappear and die. Honestly, this ship isn't as overpowered as people say it is (I hear angry keyboards typing already) sure I think the heal is excessive and the fire chance is ridiculous and so is the HE damage along with its ability to go broadside with little worries about a citadel... [wait what are its downsides... :cap_yes: ???] nevermind this ship is OP and needs to be nerfed. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my nonsense that I posted high off of coffee at 1 in the morning... I need a life. If you liked it please like, I appreciate it if you didn't like it you can still hit that like button and if there's a ship you'd like me to review leave it in the comments and if I'm in the mood then I'll make a review on it. Anyways hope you're having a great morning/day/afternoon/evening/twilight/night/midnight/I-really-need-some-sleep-but-1-more-topic-doesn't-hurt. Thanks for reading :D

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PHU]
Members
90 posts
5,190 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Atlanta.... Still hot for the summer

I don't have the Atlanta, something I maybe would pick up, but I really can't review it if I don't have it.

Members
855 posts
3,818 battles

I also actually like the Indianapolis and can't always understand why people hate it. It's a strong, long ranged cruiser with hard-hitting guns, capable of dealing with cruisers very well. It also has strong anti-air and even radar to help your team out.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts

Hood is an under performing joke, not sure how anyone has that as a favorite.:Smile_amazed:

[PHU]
Members
90 posts
5,190 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Hood is an under performing joke, not sure how anyone has that as a favorite.:Smile_amazed:

Because shes the Hood. Simple as that.

[SIM]
Members
3,841 posts
6,404 battles

Fun topic, and a positive one to boot. :cap_like:

My favorite ships of the moment are Black, Enterprise, Lenin, and either Irian or Duca degli Abruzzi. 

Members
255 posts
3,278 battles
15 hours ago, Awe5ome said:

HMS Conqueror

Thanks for taking the time. When I get up the courage to do tier X it is the only X I have.  When I joined last July my goal was to grind to the Conqueror while dragging along Thomas Powers to 19. Well I got the ship now and I am agonizingly close to 19.....Thomas now has 18  with only just over 100k to make 19. What is most amazing about the Conq is her ability to jump into the middle  as a decoy and draw fire from everyone. It is just so robust it takes salvo after salvo when angled properly and just shrugs. I will many times drag a destroyer and a couple of CAs so far out of the fight that by the time they look up it is over and I am still there smiling down at them.

But the trade off is the inconsistent guns. The Conq imho is a fantastic team boat not a killer. If you see one in your group and he is a team player you are normally in for at least a close match.

The sad thing for me is I have put a lot of time into the British line and since last July it is going through its third nerfing. Will it ever stop?

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,332 battles

Massachusetts, Irian, Grozovoi, Hindenburg, and Kremlin.

And Charleston (snicker, snicker)

Sign in to follow this