Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

I just dont understand this battle.

7 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
2,858 posts
12,043 battles

I put on my best carry pants, and delivered a ship load of pain.  This game is probably my craziest attempt to pull out a win this ranked season.  The enemy Harugumo and Worcester and CV misplayed by giving me some breathing room and I went on a rampage.  

Exhibit A and B of said rampage:

shot-19_06.22_02_08.41-0036.thumb.jpg.d9bf3cc5e0402f744cd1d57cf904e787.jpgshot-19_06.22_02_11.00-0258.thumb.jpg.3eefbbba5204a733f9289e28b14fc16a.jpg

In hind sight looking back I make one potential error, and thats not torping the Worcester sailing for the gap in the islands on the 9 line into C cap.  At the time I was saving them for the BB contesting C, but I didnt really need them there.  I have been kicking myself since last night over not dropping them.  That Worcester, and whatever guardian angel, spirit animal, or pact with the Devil just would not die by the hands of my team and cost us the game on points.  Seriously, can I report a dude for obvious voodoo or black magic?  Thats about the only explanation I can come up with.  

Anyways, heres the video that has been weighing on my mind:

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,490 posts
10,561 battles

Cases like that.. they get scared when they get a cold. Afraid the devil is collecting his dues.

Awesome game though  man

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
5 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

At the time I was saving them for the BB contesting C, but I didnt really need them there

You weren't to know that in advance. Hindsight can be a wonderful thing, but also a curse. Everything looks easier through the "retrospectoscope".

[HYDRO]
Members
3,559 posts
5,062 battles

Aside from not torping the Worcester I think Commander skill choice played a role. If instead of SE you had SI, you might have been able to use the extra smoke to dispatch the Montana safely and quickly, and get the extra Repair Charge to compensate for lack of SE.

At least that's how I run it on Daring, I figured SI gives an extra advantage in two fields (stealth and survivability) instead of one with SE (just survivability).

Anyway, what's done is done, it was still a great battle.

Edited by warheart1992

[TMS]
Members
2,580 posts
26,293 battles

You didn't screw up.

I was in a battle where a single Krem held off 7 ships from a cap.

The Kerm should of just rushed and blaped that worce.

Edited by Final8ty

[CUTER]
Members
2,858 posts
12,043 battles
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Aside from not torping the Worcester I think Commander skill choice played a role. If instead of SE you had SI, you might have been able to use the extra smoke to dispatch the Montana safely and quickly, and get the extra Repair Charge to compensate for lack of SE.

At least that's how I run it on Daring, I figured SI gives an extra advantage in two fields (stealth and survivability) instead of one with SE (just survivability).

Anyway, what's done is done, it was still a great battle.

I had swapped in my second captain on Daring with RPF due to the amount of DDs in queue.  You are correct that my other captain with SI would have been better this game, even if for the extra smoke.

Sign in to follow this