Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramagar_RoK

OK seriously, I get the Russian bias....but

15 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
295 posts
6,663 battles

When did a BB get the ability to stop on a dime and reverse?  I get it..it's Russian but c'mon.

• Boring 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,719 posts
7,711 battles

Sounds more like a French BB with speed boost :cap_hmm:

[A-CUP]
Members
1,017 posts
8,115 battles

Id call it Russian flavor rather then Bias.. And like Sirene mentioned, French BBs got Speed boost, that literally can accelerate faster then other.. But we dont call it french bias right?

[ARGSY]
Members
12,968 posts
8,267 battles

In co-op all the bots can do stupidly impossible things; that is for sure.

In other modes, not so much - we would have to see a replay.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,571 posts
6,877 battles

Huh?:cap_wander:

Edited by yashma

Members
13 posts

I wish WG would put the Wisconsin in the game.  She could almost stop on a dime IRL. Google "uss wisconsin closing the barn doors".

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,211 battles
1 hour ago, Liquorace said:

I wish WG would put the Wisconsin in the game.  She could almost stop on a dime IRL. Google "uss wisconsin closing the barn doors".

All the Iowa's and several others could do that trick. The real life problem with it is a very high likelyhood of major rudder damage. Just like it was possible to override safety systems and procedures to get more steam than a plant was rated for, allowing higher speeds.

Navy brass takes a dim view of intentionally operating outside the norm unless there is an immediate, obvious, and extreme reason. Something bad happens, it's the Capts rear in a sling.

Members
276 posts
2 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Just like it was possible to override safety systems and procedures to get more steam than a plant was rated for, allowing higher speeds.

The USS Samuel B. Roberts made 28.7 knots by strapping down the safety valves and pushing the 500psi rated engine plant to 660psi. Normally, her top speed was 24 knots. They were also sunk in battle. The rule is simple: if you break the rules and it works? Probably fine. You do so in peacetime, you end up on the beach. 

I'd be for things like this in game, so long as there's a significant chance of catastrophic unfixable damage. Yes, the Iowas could close the barn doors, they'd have a big chance of loosing the rudders and possibly flooding (doubly so if the rudders clipped a screw as they fell off.) Yes, you could strap down the safety valves, but there's a chance of unfixable damage to the power plant (and I wouldn't allow last stand to bail you out either!) 

You could pre-stack ammo in the turrets and increase your rate of fire (and chance of detonation, looking at you British BCs!) Not sure how to simulate the South Dakota fubar, but maybe an extended repair with a significant chance of permanent non-repair. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,211 battles
3 hours ago, User_the_n00b said:

You could pre-stack ammo in the turrets and increase your rate of fire (and chance of detonation, looking at you British BCs!) Not sure how to simulate the South Dakota fubar, but maybe an extended repair with a significant chance of permanent non-repair. 

I could get behind a change to the reload booster consumable, guns and torps, where using it carried a elevated chance of detonation for the next 2 min. 

Say instead of requiring a det check on damage to a magazine, any damage to a turret or torp mount, depending on the booster used triggers a det check. And make this unaffected by the det signal.

BB mains should love that idea. Asashio, Akazuki, Kitakaze, and Haragumo all have a default torp reload booster. The French cruiser line gets a lot more... interesting.. as well as Jean Bart. Just think, the Kita driver debating if it's worth popping his booster for that second set of torps. :Smile_unsure:

Change speed boost so it triggers a chance of knocking out your propulsion for 30 seconds. For more hilarity make it increase the chance each time it's used in a match. Ultimate hilarity, when you lose your engine your AA is multiplied by 10. 

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 1

Members
276 posts
4 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I could get behind a change to the reload booster consumable, guns and torps, where using it carried a elevated chance of detonation for the next 2 min. 

Say instead of requiring a det check on damage to a magazine, any damage to a turret or torp mount, depending on the booster used triggers a det check. And make this unaffected by the det signal.

BB mains should love that idea. Asashio, Akazuki, Kitakaze, and Haragumo all have a default torp reload booster. The French cruiser line gets a lot more... interesting.. as well as Jean Bart. Just think, the Kita driver debating if it's worth popping his booster for that second set of torps. :Smile_unsure:

Should apply to the engine booster as well. After all, you're deliberately pushing the engine beyond normal limits. 

[INTEL]
Members
1,478 posts
12,211 battles
1 minute ago, User_the_n00b said:

Should apply to the engine booster as well. After all, you're deliberately pushing the engine beyond normal limits. 

Read my edit lol

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,898 posts
15,578 battles
On 6/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, Ramagar_RoK said:

When did a BB get the ability to stop on a dime and reverse?

I do it all the time.

Full speed toward a land mass.  Just before you hit..go full reverse.  Momentum takes you to collision, and with reverse already engaged...it's instant stop and reverse.

-Members-
1,640 posts
814 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 11:20 PM, Ramagar_RoK said:

When did a BB get the ability to stop on a dime and reverse?  I get it..it's Russian but c'mon.

Hey Ramagar_RoK,

Could you please provide some screenshots or more details? The ship(s) you are talking about? There is a lot to be desired from your post and not a lot that we can infer.

Sign in to follow this