Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
derzwerge

To the WG People's Commissariat

11 comments in this topic

Members
118 posts
9,550 battles

So how small and diminished you felt while inventing the OP Sinop and Kremlin?? Superpowered ships, hard hitting and with an acuracy unbelievable in anything russian.(including this game that barely works without crashing from time to time :P) 

Hey! Now Iam waiting for the nuclear-powered russian CVs techtree with Su33 eh...

Edited by derzwerge
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 2

Members
118 posts
9,550 battles

Aww no replies. Bootlickers are mad and developers are of no good use and have no arguments explaining it hahaha. Keep it up, not an extra dime spend on this [edited] game. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 2

Members
524 posts

The Vets of the game are being ignored they are looking to replace us with the { insert name of the next generation } "Faithful Flakes"

The era of "almost historical" ships is gone in favor of the Make Believe ships.

• Cool 1

[NNG]
Members
1,671 posts
2,837 battles

Why are you surprised? You probably do not play World of Tanks. The players of this game who are also long time World of Tanks players have been expecting this.

World of Tanks started out with mostly historical vehicles that actually existed but now it's filled with mostly prototypes, blueprints, design studies, and tanks that are just made up. It was only a matter of time before World of Warships would become filled with paper ships. There are only so many historical ships that can comfortably fit within the ten tier set-up before they have to start digging through the filing cabinet. 

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
3,319 posts
1,435 battles
4 hours ago, Edselman said:

There are only so many historical ships that can comfortably fit within the ten tier set-up before they have to start digging through the filing cabinet

Except this is not true.

For some reason, WG chooses to flat out IGNORE the time frame in which most warships were built (pre-WW1)...

...because they market the game as a WW2 game...except WGs desired game meta seems to be a WW1 combat style...

It's enough to make you weep.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
639 posts
12,898 battles

Well, it's not like they can make a full tech tree line out of another nation's actual warships instead of using make believe ships right? The Italians never had a navy for instance so they can't use any of their ships......

Image result for in before the lock gif

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
On 6/22/2019 at 10:23 PM, derzwerge said:

So how small and diminished you felt while inventing the OP Sinop and Kremlin?? Superpowered ships, hard hitting and with an acuracy unbelievable in anything russian.(including this game that barely works without crashing from time to time :P) 

Hey! Now Iam waiting for the nuclear-powered russian CVs techtree with Su33 eh...

I knew a guy that was part of an exchange visit of ships back in the 70's, I think. A dozen crewmen from the Enterprise got to visit the Udaloy (the modern Udaloy, not the one represented in the game), and a dozen crewmen from the Udaloy got to walk on the flight deck of the Big E and visit some of the crew spaces. It was one of those moments of US/Soviet detante that Carter thought so highly of. All of the classified parts of each ship were off limits, but they smiled and shook hands and...weren't allowed to take cameras.

My buddy was a nuke 1st at the time, I think. He was shocked at the actual state of what he called this "Potemkin Ship" (Google "Potemkin Village" if you don't recognize that). He said the damage control lockers had been painted over so many times that they couldn't be opened. There were other things that the trained eye noticed. There was not a spot of rust anywhere to be seen, and he said she was a wonder to behold. But the Russians would never have been able to fight the ship for more than the first shot.

That, my friends, was the REAL Soviet Navy. So for those of us that actually saw some of the Cold War, the current obsession is a bit... amusing. 

That said, I do not in any way fault WG or the devs for the current state of the Russian ships. Stop and think about it - we are experiencing overt capitalism in a Russian form, and they're playing to their biggest market. They're doing this to make a buck. I got no beef with that at all. As long as they don't power-creep the non-Russian ships into oblivion, I'm ok with the way they treat these types of things. It's only a game.

And I've had my hand in sending several Sinops and Kremlins to Davy Jones' Locker. They're strong, and maybe OP, but not invincible. 

• Cool 1

[NNG]
Members
1,671 posts
2,837 battles
On 6/25/2019 at 7:28 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Except this is not true.

For some reason, WG chooses to flat out IGNORE the time frame in which most warships were built (pre-WW1)...

...because they market the game as a WW2 game...except WGs desired game meta seems to be a WW1 combat style...

It's enough to make you weep.

Yes there are many ships from the pre-WWI and WWI period, hundreds of pre-dreadnought battleships and dreadnought battleships as well are armored cruisers, battlecruisers, and many other unique classes of ship. 

But most of these would fall into the tier I - IV category. They can't fill the game with low tier ships, they must lead to something, which is why we see a lot more paper in the high tiers than the low tiers. To redo the whole setup may require a completely different game, such as a WWI world of warships version where the Colorado and Nagato are the "tier 10s" of the game, you would expect to see a lot less paper there.

Wargaming markets WoWS as well as WoT as WWII games because WWII is generally seen as much more well known, studied, and more popular (if you could use that word to describe wars) than WWI. Look at how many FPS games made by Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, and other game franchises are WWII-themes compared to WWI. As far as I know, Battlefield 1 is the only well-known WWI FPS game, there are others of course but the very big game companies don't really touch WWI that much. 

Also keep in mind that the biggest server is the RU server and most players of wargaming's product are Russians. WWII is very widely remembered in Russia, they call it the "Great Patriotic War." Now I don't really know how Russians today look at WWI, but it was very unpopular in Russia at that time and they did end up losing it so it may be a somewhat touchy topic. Or it could just be that WWI seems kind of distant compared to WWII.

Edited by Edselman

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,522 posts

So far I've found most of the Russian BBs to be buttery-soft the instant they're not facing you perfectly bow-on. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,359 posts
7,961 battles
On 6/25/2019 at 12:30 AM, derzwerge said:

Aww no replies. Bootlickers are mad and developers are of no good use and have no arguments explaining it hahaha. Keep it up, not an extra dime spend on this [edited] game. 

You seem angry. Perhaps you should take a break from the game and enjoy life a bit?

Sign in to follow this