You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Seriously..what do they get out of it??

26 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
658 posts

Finished the  event and got my goodies so I went into coop to practice my DD work as I haven,t been playing them much. Played a few with my t8 in randoms and did ok but went to Co-op to practice my T6 because it's concealment is actually .2KM  ( even with 4pt skill ) short of being able to launch sneaky torps and not get spotted.. Died  too many times in random trying to figure it out.

So One round and yeah I got them but had to ambush and smoke up,,,Second round I go out to spot... See the DD and smoke up and start picking him apart with the guns... Kill him and Launch at the two ships behind him...........

Then BOOM!!! I am rammed while sitting still...shoved god knows how far...  I'm in chat asking HTF did you not see me??  BOOM!!!!!!!!! His buddy in the BB hits me so hard I go up on the island where I never have seen a boat go before... They are mocking in chat.. BOTH of them did it ON PURPOSE  and I am like WG is going to LOVE this replay... guess what ...they didn't care one bit.

Of course the funniest part is one got Borked by the one of the ships I was attacking and the other sucked so bad he missed point blank broadsides TWICE and I was able to get off the beach and Kill the BB anyway.  

This tells me 2 things , these aren't players. they are just troublemakers doing this simply because they cannot play this game so they do it out of childish frustration.

That said.. Of course I got FINED and lost XP for NOTHING.  They will get away with it and the beat goes on.

WG needs to get serious about his stuff. Every other game online handles it better.  EVERY!  For those who don't know me COL NASTY hosted BF servers for 6 years.. I know about what I speak.

Getting the scotch out for the Kiddie comment drinking game : )  

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 9
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
3,222 posts
12,934 battles

You cannot stop people from having their kind of fun, WG does nothing, and never will

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,839 posts
9,995 battles
27 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Finished the  event and got my goodies so I went into coop to practice my DD work as I haven,t been playing them much. Played a few with my t8 in randoms and did ok but went to Co-op to practice my T6 because it's concealment is actually .2KM  ( even with 4pt skill ) short of being able to launch sneaky torps and not get spotted.. Died  too many times in random trying to figure it out.

So One round and yeah I got them but had to ambush and smoke up,,,Second round I go out to spot... See the DD and smoke up and start picking him apart with the guns... Kill him and Launch at the two ships behind him...........

Then BOOM!!! I am rammed while sitting still...shoved god knows how far...  I'm in chat asking HTF did you not see me??  BOOM!!!!!!!!! His buddy in the BB hits me so hard I go up on the island where I never have seen a boat go before... They are mocking in chat.. BOTH of them did it ON PURPOSE  and I am like WG is going to LOVE this replay... guess what ...they didn't care one bit.

Of course the funniest part is one got Borked by the one of the ships I was attacking and the other sucked so bad he missed point blank broadsides TWICE and I was able to get off the beach and Kill the BB anyway.  

This tells me 2 things , these aren't players. they are just troublemakers doing this simply because they cannot play this game so they do it out of childish frustration.

That said.. Of course I got FINED and lost XP for NOTHING.  They will get away with it and the beat goes on.

WG needs to get serious about his stuff. Every other game online handles it better.  EVERY!  For those who don't know me COL NASTY hosted BF servers for 6 years.. I know about what I speak.

Getting the scotch out for the Kiddie comment drinking game : )  

Col Out

Put in a ticket and send them the replay is all you can do. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,401 posts
16,809 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I am like WG is going to LOVE this replay... guess what ...they didn't care one bit.

1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

WG does nothing, and never will

This is, unfortunately, true; WG does not care and will do nothing. This is why:

The server they care about, and cater to, is the Russian server, which is their home server. The game play is very different there, lots of close contact brawling. And a lot of team killing, especially those who don't play their meta. This is the way their player base wants it, and this is the reason we have the "slap on the wrist" pink penalty system which dis-allows any other kind of action being taken; because the Russian server wants to be able to TK anyone they don't like.

So, sorry you ran into two of the biggest "Ricardo Cabezas" in the game; and I have no problem believing that what was done to you was done on purpose. But @CriMiNaL__ is absolutely correct when he says the game will never do anything about it. Just chalk it up to some people and their kids and don't let it ruin your gaming experience.

• Cool 1

[UMP]
Members
251 posts
4,300 battles

Seen a lot more of the intentional ramming lately.

Not sure why, but to parrot everyone else, WG doesn't give a damn about it.

I've tried submitting tickets before and was literally told "Our system automatically punishes it, you never need to submit a ticket about this again"

Their attitude is basically fk the NA server. Even though I'd be willing to bet the NA server is the one that pays 75% of their bills.

They just keep biting that hand that feeds them.

Maybe if we all stop feeding them (myself included, I spend too much on this game) then their tune would change towards us in a hurry.

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

Don't play in co-op with bots and incompetent players. Play in random with mostly real players, and some bots. Problem solved.

WG will do everything they can in their power to caress players' feelings, whilst quoting privacy concerns.. They are short on numbers, so discipline is out of the question. Unless of course you 'misbehave' in chat. Then you're banned for days at a time from commenting.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles

Deliberate ramming, including out of smoke, is a violation of the TOS and it goes beyond teamkill concerns. Report it.

[H_]
Members
2,419 posts
1 hour ago, Nato101 said:

Don't play in co-op with bots and incompetent players. Play in random with mostly real players, and some bots. Problem solved.

WG will do everything they can in their power to caress players' feelings, whilst quoting privacy concerns.. They are short on numbers, so discipline is out of the question. Unless of course you 'misbehave' in chat. Then you're banned for days at a time from commenting.

What?  COOP is one of the best places to play WITHOUT seeing all of the nonsense in Random and Ranked !!!   They reason a lot of the R&R crew are in COOP is the Event (whatever it is !)  Gameplay is a mess anyway and whatever is going on last night was very weird.  We even went to a random match to see what the heck was going on and those two matches were significantly weird with some seriously stupid game play......  Event???  I just don't know why.  We logged off and called it a night.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts
1 hour ago, Nato101 said:

Don't play in co-op with bots and incompetent players. Play in random

Uhh.. When I play Random, most of my teammates are the same guys who failed at co-op.

Also, as a video game ages, the good players leave for the next big thing. What's left behind is the toxic players and the one's too dumb to know it's time to move on.

And don't forget, there's big money in it.
I ran into a utoober, who had 7 million subs, and was averaging 1 million views per video,
and all he did was go from game to game, teamkilling players until he got banned.
The kiddies love that stuff.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,563 posts
6,033 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

So, sorry you ran into two of the biggest "Ricardo Cabezas" in the game; and I have no problem believing that what was done to you was done on purpose. But @CriMiNaL__ is absolutely correct when he says the game will never do anything about it. Just chalk it up to some people and their kids and don't let it ruin your gaming experience.

+1 for the excellent wordplay!  :Smile_medal:

[TDRB]
Members
2,980 posts
8,956 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Deliberate ramming, including out of smoke, is a violation of the TOS and it goes beyond teamkill concerns. Report it.

Yes, there is some deliberate ramming in the game & I do not doubt the OP. Some ram pink ships so they have to play another battle in the pink. But almost all ramming is unintentional regardless of how the person being rammed feels.

[--O--]
Members
275 posts

This tells you something when so many people say the same thing... "Wargaming does not care" now add the words "About Their Customers" and you have the full picture and why many of have decided to not spend money on it anymore, many reasons they list but the main at the heart of the issue is "Wargaming does not care about their customers!"

• Cool 1

Members
4,706 posts
7,766 battles

You actually have no idea if they 'don't care' but in the end all people hit or hitting get fined/penalty.  Online games always have people who do these things - this not not new or unexpected because some people get their jollies griefing others.  The additional issue - no real way stop stop griefers...

[CLARE]
Members
392 posts

There are people like that in every game.  They come to have their fun, they are not there to play the game.

[_-_]
Members
2,228 posts
10 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

You cannot stop people from having their kind of fun, WG does nothing, and never will

On the contrary, WG actively caters to the griefer/troll segment of the player base. Hence CV's, stealth torps, ad nauseum.

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,515 posts
6 hours ago, Nato101 said:

Don't play in co-op with bots and incompetent players.

Right, play in Randoms with more incompetent players, since the same percentage will be incompetent and they're on both teams. 

53 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

On the contrary, WG actively caters to the griefer/troll segment of the player base. Hence CV's, stealth torps, ad nauseum.

Hence the TK/team damage system we have, which is perfectly set up (intentionally or not) to cater to griefers and trolls.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Boring 1

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I wouldn't assume it was intentional. Piloting mistakes can be hilarious. I once got wedged by two turning BBs that would have rammed noses if not for my DD, and I only broke free because a cruiser following me couldn't stop before he smacked me on the butt and sent me running, taking my place between the BBs

Edited by Tanuvein

[-BRS-]
Members
1,413 posts
9,144 battles
2 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

Piloting mistakes can be hilarious. I once got wedged by two turning BBs that would have rammed noses if not for my DD, and I only broke free because a cruiser following me couldn't stop before he smacked me on the butt and sent me running, taking my place between the BBs

Texting and drinking while sailing is surprisingly dangerous...

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
1,318 posts
12,246 battles

Saw a clip of a streamer where a div, and I believe it was a high end clan, boxed the guy in and just pushed him around.  Was pretty disgusting to watch.  

[PHD]
Members
637 posts
2,904 battles
9 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Texting and drinking while sailing is surprisingly dangerous...

It's more of a case of "I know I fired those shells, but where did they go?".

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,894 posts
15,569 battles
12 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Then BOOM!!! I am rammed while sitting still...shoved god knows how far...  I'm in chat asking HTF did you not see me??  BOOM!!!!!!!!! His buddy in the BB hits me so hard I go up on the island where I never have seen a boat go before.

Send me the replay.  I'll YouTube and become a millionaire.

:BB::BB::DD::cap_haloween:

[--O--]
Members
275 posts
3 hours ago, CylonRed said:

You actually have no idea if they 'don't care' but in the end all people hit or hitting get fined/penalty.  Online games always have people who do these things - this not not new or unexpected because some people get their jollies griefing others.  The additional issue - no real way stop stop griefers...

Actually we do.

The CV rework is a prime example (most recent anyway) despite all the testers saying it was in no way ready and the reason which were also shown on live stream and youtube post game videos Wargaming did it anyway which has negatively impacted many peoples view of the game and they have said so. By leaving or locking the wallet

Another example is intentional Team Killer, replays sent in and yet people keep seeing them in game and many still doing it.

Or a certain BOT Clan that keeps doing it.

There are more examples and many members canpoint to them. I bet you could if you tried... Not caring means: not fixing known problems  and this game has many they refuse to correct it.

Edited by Mustangrde1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles

Well, since this is Co-op, OP... I've used Graf Zeppelin to push aside ships, even Destroyers, so I can get muh Secondary hits, because my bombers sure as hell aren't hurting anyone :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,706 posts
7,766 battles
7 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Actually we do.

The CV rework is a prime example (most recent anyway) despite all the testers saying it was in no way ready and the reason which were also shown on live stream and youtube post game videos Wargaming did it anyway which has negatively impacted many peoples view of the game and they have said so. By leaving or locking the wallet

Another example is intentional Team Killer, replays sent in and yet people keep seeing them in game and many still doing it.

Or a certain BOT Clan that keeps doing it.

There are more examples and many members canpoint to them. I bet you could if you tried... Not caring means: not fixing known problems  and this game has many they refuse to correct it.

Actually folks have report TK'rs being banned right here in these forums,  but the reality is - you can't actually ban players as all it takes is another free email account to start up again.  So yes - it is a guess , at best, that they 'don't care'.

For all of the 'issues' - there is no real fix.

[--O--]
Members
275 posts
12 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Actually folks have report TK'rs being banned right here in these forums,  but the reality is - you can't actually ban players as all it takes is another free email account to start up again.  So yes - it is a guess , at best, that they 'don't care'.

For all of the 'issues' - there is no real fix.

There is a fix for many things. I have ran and or owned business's for over 20 years, currently I am semi-retired (semi as when I retired I opened a fishing guide business) Let me use that as an example:

There is all kinds of new Fishing-lures and gizmo's for your Boat put out each year, and to be honest 99% are more to catch the Buyer than they are to actually help you catch fish. I can buy those and I promise my catch rates would drop which in turn would cause bad word of mouth which would cause my clientele numbers to decrease. Or I can tell my guides on their days off to try the new product, or after clients time is up offer them a couple more hours testing new products. Only if the product is equal-to or superior-to the current way we do things would I think about putting it to practice on paying time. That is how the CV rework should have been.

Now I have had customers I have blackballed from my service and they tried to get around it by using a friend. When they showed up I told the person They are not getting on my boat, the friend can but not them. Even had one try to sue me for it, that one ended up paying me for my court fee's and time. Though it is simple for me as I see them and known who is not allowed Wargaming could do it as well the way many companies do it by: To play the game you must sign-up using a CC "credit card" that is a simple fix it would require a little effort by wargaming but would solve some of the issues of (Team Killers, Bots, etc)

In Business there is a solution that will benefit the customer and the company with a little effort. There are times as well as a company you have to be able to say "We / I messed up and will be putting X-product on recall/hold" until further testing is done. I have made mistakes we all have, it is how you handle them that speaks volumes to your character and your business, wargamings is more to deny and deflect like a politician, that is not good business practice, it harms your brand.