Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Where is my Submarine

35 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles

I really wish WG would hurry up and bring out subs, we need another over powered class of stealth, torps and everything else with them, they have teased them, and have even said now it is a possibility, so why can't they hurry up and deliver them into the game.

WG, forget the CV just leave them as they are, and bring in subs.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles

Friendly subs should spawn behind the enemy spawn, near where the enemy carrier spawns.  So both carriers and submarines have to be on the run from time period zero.  

Just for amusement purposes, not for any good reason.  

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,001 posts
9,104 battles

I am fine with all of the above, as long as CV bombers that carry depth charges are added to the game.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
10 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Friendly subs should spawn behind the enemy spawn, near where the enemy carrier spawns.  So they have to be on the run from time period zero.  

Just for amusement purposes, not for any good reason.  

I actually think the subs should spawn behind the lines, they won't be as fast as a lot of ships, and knowing a sub is behind the lines will make people move up and not camp, (one would think, lol)

8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I am fine with all of the above, as long as CV bombers that carry depth charges are added to the game.

This would be good but from your setup screen you would have to set the depth so you would have to take a punt on whether you get a sub that works well deep or shallow

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

they are ... in the sub sea...

sub sea... submarine...

:D

:D

/killmyself

[PHU]
Members
90 posts
5,190 battles

going, to be honest, I just don't see subs working out. If we get them great I guess but probably not.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,001 posts
9,104 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

I actually think the subs should spawn behind the lines, they won't be as fast as a lot of ships, and knowing a sub is behind the lines will make people move up and not camp, (one would think, lol)

This would be good but from your setup screen you would have to set the depth so you would have to take a punt on whether you get a sub that works well deep or shallow

there would need to be giveaways, periscopes, shadows, then bugger all. Devs have indicated subs will have essentially four states, surfaced, periscope, shallow dive, deep/dead dive. They will only be able to fire torps at periscope depth.

but yeh, I look forward to the salty reactions, both from victims of subs, and from sub drivers that get sunk in turn. Halloween event showed that, even if we drove subs versus PVE bots, both sub attack mechanics and counters to subs (depth charges) are already developed and in an advanced state. I too just wish they would get on with it and release them. They have half admitted many of the sub models for 2 tech trees are ready (the Halloween skins were of USN botes if I'm not mistaken?)

[WORX]
Members
5,043 posts
15,593 battles
10 minutes ago, Awe5ome said:

going, to be honest, I just don't see subs working out. If we get them great I guess but probably not.

Compered to the CV rework.... Subs were a HUGE success..... The one who complained about them IMO, were people who didn't like them...That is cool

We even had players from rival games playing subs...

Do you see gamers of rival games playing the new CV rework ??? Heck no.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

there would need to be giveaways, periscopes, shadows, then bugger all. Devs have indicated subs will have essentially four states, surfaced, periscope, shallow dive, deep/dead dive. They will only be able to fire torps at periscope depth.

but yeh, I look forward to the salty reactions, both from victims of subs, and from sub drivers that get sunk in turn. Halloween event showed that, even if we drove subs versus PVE bots, both sub attack mechanics and counters to subs (depth charges) are already developed and in an advanced state. I too just wish they would get on with it and release them. They have half admitted many of the sub models for 2 tech trees are ready (the Halloween skins were of USN botes if I'm not mistaken?)

Just make it, release it, change them as we go through the patches, just like the CV's

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,001 posts
9,104 battles
5 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Just make it, release it, change them as we go through the patches, just like the CV's

I have good and bad news for you.

Good news, I think all essential coding is done, and done well.

Good news, the initial sub development has been conducted, with subs in mind, rather than borrowing and copy pasting from the lucky dip bin of discarded ideas.

Bad news, sub live implementation is to be conducted by the CV rework team starting in September this year. (I am not pulling your leg). (Though trouble implementing CVs may not be all their fault, if they were handed a crappy concept in the first place.)

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

Subs of the time were more or less torp DDs that could submerge.  They spent a substantial amount of time on the surface.  If you look at most ships, they've got the models made for ASW operations, some of the DDs even have depth charges on them.  Radar and hydro would be some immediate counters, and CVs could get "spotter" aircraft added that could loiter for extended periods of times looking for periscopes which would be required for getting a firing solution.

While I'd like to see the complexity of the game increase with clearly stated capabilities vs the current armor/angle/ammo cluster we've got now, it seems that WG shies away from anything of the such.  We've got game controlled AA that infuriates most who deal with it both going against it or having to rely on it as it over compensates no skill and under compensates skilled players.

If subs and their historical operating capabilities were brought to the game, I don't people would enjoy the class that'd have to either run on the surface for speed, or crawl while submerged.   They wouldn't be 35kt nuclear fast attack boats -- they'd be lead acid battery diesel powered turds.

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,368 battles
33 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I really wish WG would hurry up and bring out subs, we need another over powered class of stealth, torps and everything else with them, they have teased them, and have even said now it is a possibility, so why can't they hurry up and deliver them into the game.

Image result for u- boats gif

:Smile_great:

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
39 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

With all the whining and those that claim to have quit over CVs how long do you think this game will last if/when they introduce subs? Gameplay has already gone down the crapper  Subs will just make it ten times worse.

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I have good and bad news for you.

Good news, I think all essential coding is done, and done well.

Good news, the initial sub development has been conducted, with subs in mind, rather than borrowing and copy pasting from the lucky dip bin of discarded ideas.

Bad news, sub live implementation is to be conducted by the CV rework team starting in September this year. (I am not pulling your leg). (Though trouble implementing CVs may not be all their fault, if they were handed a crappy concept in the first place.)

Awesome, lets hope when they are out they are severely OP.

2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

With all the whining and those that claim to have quit over CVs how long do you think this game will last if/when they introduce subs? Gameplay has already gone down the crapper  Subs will just make it ten times worse.

O'well, so long as they sell premium subs WG will be ok

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,001 posts
9,104 battles
4 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

subs will bring in many new players, and provide hours of joy to existing players. They are far less radical to implement, than CVs for example. They will change the meta, and add new roles to existing classes, (dds and cvs especially), they will also make perma camping  by surface ships obselete, forcing rock huggers to move more often, and CVs to always be on the move.

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

subs will bring in many new players, and provide hours of joy to existing players. They are far less radical to implement, than CVs for example. They will change the meta, and add new roles to existing classes, (dds and cvs especially), they will also make perma camping  by surface ships obselete, forcing rock huggers to move more often, and CVs to always be on the move.

One reason why I say "WHERE MA SUB WEEGEE"

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

subs will bring in many new players, and provide hours of joy to existing players. They are far less radical to implement, than CVs for example. They will chaneg the meta, and add new roles to existing classes, (dds and cvs especially), they will also make perma camping  by surface ships obselete, forcing rock huggers to move more often, and CVs to always be on the move.

You do realize perma camping is a thing because WG designed it and wanted it to be that way? They did not want to make radar LOS because it exposed cruiser to too much risk that way and want them to be able to island hump.

CVs are the ones who should be and are able to move island campers we need another class that can do it?

The only reason WG would introduce subs is to sell premiums and make the matches even shorter than they are now I bet those asking for subs do not even realize this.. Most matches are over in less than 8 to 10 minutes as it is. How engaged do you think people will be after the novelty of subs wears off only getting to play for five minutes at a time?

Have you not noticed the new trend of nearly every match being a severe blowout? I played a lot of matches today, I would guess 30 or more and of those I had literally only 4 good matches the rest were over before they even started.

[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I think WG will be more careful with implementing subs.  If it turns out subs don't really work well in pvp then I wouldn't be surprised if WG puts them in their own game mode or possibly passes on them altogether.  I say that because I don't think they can afford another dumpster fire like the rework.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,001 posts
9,104 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

Have you not noticed the new trend of nearly every match being a severe blowout? I played a lot of matches today, I would guess 30 or more and of those I had literally only 4 good matches the rest were over before they even started.

No. I do what sensible people do, take a holiday from the game May-through-July because the game always goes downhill in this period. It will pick up again in September.

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

I think WG will be more careful with implementing subs.  If it turns out subs don't really work well in pvp then I wouldn't be surprised if WG puts them in their own game mode or possibly passes on them altogether.  I say that because I don't think they can afford another dumpster fire like the rework.

What makes you think they will be more careful? 

[KRAK]
Members
2,797 posts
17,460 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

No. I do what sensible people do, take a holiday from the game May-through-July because the game always goes downhill in this period. It will pick up again in September.

Well the gameplay went downhill long before May. Did the kids get off early from school this year?

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
4 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

@CriMiNaL__ Always interesting to see what people do for entertainment when they are either "off their medication" or "over-medicated". :Smile_trollface:

Forums are more fun than the game, not only the [edited] and arguing, it is whether I can make a mod laugh in his chair before he deletes my thread for the title being (to, too, two) long, plus I have a low tolerance for stupid people.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Beta Testers
3,224 posts
12,937 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Neverland, with Peter Pan.

You know he is real right

Sign in to follow this