You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheBishop

can not return to CV view?

6 comments in this topic

[C4C]
Members
152 posts

came back after a long hiatus.   i see CV have been reworked.  kind of getting the hang of it, but..........

how the "HE double hockey sticks" do i return to CV view so i can dodge bombers?

[CASC1]
Members
31 posts
2,333 battles

You have to press F to return the current squadron and it switches you back to ship mode.  The only other option is to use the autopilot waypoints on the map. This is something we've been grumbling about since the rework was on PTS.

[RLGN]
Members
11,250 posts
20,261 battles

What @Tandin said, plus the auto consumables and high AA of most carriers make it relatively impossible to get sniped any more. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

It seems WG felt carriers were spending too much time harassing each other, and not enough bombing pewpews, and the current rework ‘deals’ with that.

The relative merits of their having done so has sparked a...

...somewhat vigorous debate over the last six months.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,603 posts
6,236 battles

Press “M” for the map and you can set the autopilot from there.  

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts

The auto pilot does its own thing sometime so be careful with it. It cannot nav around islands for some reason.

[C4C]
Members
152 posts

ok.  this is just dumb.  tried my lexington and got slaughtered.  your planes NEVER make it to the target!  i got reduced to bombing and rocketing DDs.  and where is the micro management?  i get 1 squadron at a time?  so i guess i will launch my, ONE squadron, go do some thing else on one of my other monitors as i wait for my, ONE squadron, to reach it's target.  how BORING!!  no more cross dropping???wth???!!!  i get to drop ONE FQING TORP AT A TIME???!!!  and when i played the lexy, i swear, i saw a torp go PERPENDICULAR to the planes flight path!!!

i quit wows cause it just got boring, well....that and VR!!  ;-)  so i hear they reworked CVs, so i come back and find, more boredom and a COMPLETE fiasco of reworking the CVs.

i am NOT liking this rework at all.  if i wanted to fly planes around, i would go play world of airplanes or some thing similar.

sorry fanboys!!