You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

Which team will win the Battle of the Philippine Sea?

24 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Members
709 posts
5,625 battles

Hello all,

Does anyone have any idea which team is more likely to "win"? USN or IJN?

Are more people choosing one or the other? Which team is most likely going to get the extra two containers for winning.

I'm happy to play whichever team but I might as well give myself whatever advantage I can.

And I recon others would too, so we might as well share what we know as much as possible.

[If this is already taken care of in another thread, please post the links.]

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,163 posts
2,993 battles

Gee, I wonder.....

I will be, quite honestly, shocked if it is even close.  USA is going to utterly run away with it due to 1) This being the NA server and thus many will pick USA out of national loyalty 2) The USA having the easier targets and thus both winning easier and more people picking USA because it is easy, which compounds with #1.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles
6 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Gee, I wonder.....

I will be, quite honestly, shocked if it is even close.  USA is going to utterly run away with it due to 1) This being the NA server and thus many will pick USA out of national loyalty 2) The USA having the easier targets and thus both winning easier and more people picking USA because it is easy, which compounds with #1.

Wg sure knows how to make balanced competitions 

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles
28 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Which team will win the Battle of the Philippine Sea?

The good guys, err I mean IJN.

• Boring 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
28 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Gee, I wonder.....

There's more to it than that, there are more selections of USN ships to play.  They have two eligible cruiser lines to one IJN.  There are enough premiums for a third cruiser line (minus a T6), a full second DD line, and a full BB line (minus a T7).

[NSC]
Members
1,202 posts
11 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

There's more to it than that, there are more selections of USN ships to play.  They have two eligible cruiser lines to one IJN.  There are enough premiums for a third cruiser line (minus a T6), a full second DD line, and a full BB line (minus a T7).

A full second DD line for USN???

T4: ?

T5: ?

T6: Monaghan

T7: Sims

Am I missing any DDs?

IJN:
T4: N/A

T5: Kamikaze R, Kamikaze, Fujin

T6: Shinonome

T7: N/A

4 IJN DDs vs. 2 USN DDs.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[EQRN]
Members
1,321 posts
12,254 battles

This morning in co op, well, it was kinda all over the place, like people either didn’t know or didn’t care, but casually scanning for US and IJN ships, it seemed many many more US ships were being played.  Now later on in the day, or in randoms, I can’t say if that was the case.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
3 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

A full second DD line for USN???

T4: ?

T5: ?

T6: Monaghan

T7: Sims

Am I missing any DDs?

IJN:
T4: N/A

T5: Kamikaze R, Kamikaze, Fujin

T6: Shinonome

T7: N/A

Are T4's eligible?  I thought it started at T6.  My mistake.  T8 has Kidd, T9 has Black.  Soon, Benham and Somers will be added as well, as well as T5 Hill.

[NSC]
Members
1,202 posts
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Are T4's eligible?  I thought it started at T6.  My mistake.  T8 has Kidd, T9 has Black.  Soon, Benham and Somers will be added as well, as well as T5 Hill.

Only T4 to T7. All other tiers are ineligible.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,772 posts
1 hour ago, Jester_of_War said:

Hello all,

Does anyone have any idea which team is more likely to "win"? USN or IJN?

Are more people choosing one or the other? Which team is most likely going to get the extra two containers for winning.

I'm happy to play whichever team but I might as well give myself whatever advantage I can.

And I recon others would too, so we might as well share what we know as much as possible.

[If this is already taken care of in another thread, please post the links.]

Seeing as how there is no leaderboard, or way to verify anything, the team WG wants to win will win.

[RLGN]
Members
11,254 posts
20,261 battles
22 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Seeing as how there is no leaderboard, or way to verify anything, the team WG wants to win will win.

This, unfortunately.

I mean, I can keep track on a piece of paper how much bxp I’ve earned, but it would be nice if it was being displayed like any other ‘mission,’ usually is.

Even without a main leaderboard, some form of automatic personal progress tracking would have been nice.

[_RNG_]
Members
709 posts
5,625 battles

Update: In like 5 or 6 co-op games at Tier 4 [small sample size], I've seen way more USN than IJN ships.

But when I ask in chat, no one says they are participating.

Interesting.

I still haven't chosen a team.

Edited by Jester_of_War

[NSC]
Members
1,202 posts
Just now, Jester_of_War said:

Update: In like 5 or 6 co-op games at Tier 4, I've seen way more USN than IJN ships.

But when I ask in chat, no one says they are participating.

Interesting.

[small sample size]

You should tell them how to participate. They might not know.

[_RNG_]
Members
709 posts
5,625 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

You should tell them how to participate. They might not know.

I am, mostly

[UMP]
Members
252 posts
4,300 battles

What nation ships do you see the majority of the time?

US.

Therefore....probably US will win,

because ,

America, f*** yeah!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
21,312 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This, unfortunately.

I mean, I can keep track on a piece of paper how much bxp I’ve earned, but it would be nice if it was being displayed like any other ‘mission,’ usually is.

Even without a main leaderboard, some form of automatic personal progress tracking would have been nice.

Yeah this lack of information just kept me from bothering much. Got 10 wins in co-op with USN (plus two just in case) and am done with the whole thing. Honestly just a poorly set up event. 

[H_]
Members
2,438 posts

Wow !  We don't know anything.  We can't "see" anything?  We can't find anything about this event in any detail or specificity; and, you are wondering who is going to win something, no one knows anything about; and, that includes the company that created it???!!!

And this is "quality gaming...."  For WHOM?  Whomever was responsible for this event needs to be "counseled" and "re-educated" because I know young teenagers that could do better and have more imagination..... 

Terrible job and one more reason NOT TO recruit for this game anymore.......  I play an "almost dead" game that is on life support that does better than WoWs..........this is embarrassing.....

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,504 battles
11 hours ago, Koogus said:

Wg sure knows how to make balanced competitions 

How balanced was the 1944 implementation of the event?

[PHASE]
Members
4,754 posts
16,162 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

How balanced was the 1944 implementation of the event?

I didn't realize they had computers back then.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,504 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

As @henrychenhenry pointed out, they DID have the battle of the Philippine Sea then.

And there were computers, then, as well. For that matter, the world’s first digital programmable electronic computer was employed for codebreaking of German Enigma machine transmissions during WWII.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

They were around but needed a lot of manual input.  The video even shows someone in those funny moving thingies that you find at the top of your ship's superstructure in the game, wondering what they were for.

As I understand, Iowa-class kept their original WWII fire control computers until they were all finally, fully decommissioned.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

Does it really matter who wins?