You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

The Battle of the Philippine Sea: Team Points

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles

Unfortunately, we can’t make leaderboards for this event, so all results will be calculated after the competition.

I understand the above, but is there any way to check how many team points one earns?  I played handful of Atlanta games (the only ship I played that qualifies for the event), and bunch of games in T9/T10 ships (that don't qualify).  Does this have to be tracked manually?

[EQRN]
Members
1,319 posts
12,246 battles

Yep, that’s why I did my “ten” for the 2 crates in one co op streak.  No idea why they couldn’t make a mission for the personal 10, even if they couldn’t publicly track the server-wide results.

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Yep, that’s why I did my “ten” for the 2 crates in one co op streak.  No idea why they couldn’t make a mission for the personal 10, even if they couldn’t publicly track the server-wide results.

Oh, co-op!  What a lovely idea.  On my way.

[SALVO]
Members
21,705 posts
22,016 battles
15 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Part of the problem might be that there are two teams and you can only join one of them.  And maybe their mission subroutines aren't designed to handle that concept.

[EQRN]
Members
1,319 posts
12,246 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Part of the problem might be that there are two teams and you can only join one of them.  And maybe their mission subroutines aren't designed to handle that concept.

Eh, maybe, weak coding on their part.

Reading the rules a little more closely, you also have to score ten stars to benefit from being on the winning team, i.e., if you thought you could join a team, slack off, and have a 50% chance of winning - nope!  It’s either 10 pts minimum and 2 containers for losing or 10 pts minimum and 4 containers for winning.  Less than 10 pts and you get nothing <insert Willy Wonka gif>

Reading a little more, it’s going to take them 3 days to figure out who the winning side is and another day to distribute the rewards :cap_wander: weak coding indeed...

[DYNO]
Members
253 posts
8,980 battles

I did a grind and won 5 of 6 in my Ranger to complete US on my EU acct. Now for the challenge of IJN on NA.

Edited by TheTrickpony

[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

I understand the above, but is there any way to check how many team points one earns?  I played handful of Atlanta games (the only ship I played that qualifies for the event), and bunch of games in T9/T10 ships (that don't qualify).  Does this have to be tracked manually?

I suspect they saw the forum post about giving love to the mid - lower tiers and came up with an event to fill that gap. With such short notice, they probably did not have time to code a leader board or mission after joining. They will likely just run a batch to crawl the account stats, as that was likely a quick and dirty way to get it done.

If it is indeed the case that they did come up with this event on the fly, you have to give them props......

[O_O]
Members
5,325 posts
12,239 battles

Does a win count if you don't clear the bar of 750 base XP?  Because if not, it is going to take a pretty solid Co-op game to score any team points.

The way the rules state that the primary goal is 750 base XP and the secondary goal is to win, I kind of doubt Co-op mains have much chance.

Members
1,115 posts
6,263 battles

My understanding is that it's a point for the win and a point for the base XP. 

So a win, whether in Co-Op or Random, is always worth at least one point. Given the shorter length of Co-Op games and the high win rate I'd imagine spamming Co-Op games is actually the right approach. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,256 posts
21,328 battles

You get the point for base XP even if you lose if you score high enough in Randoms. I have over twenty wins in Co-op and three in Randoms, plus two losses in Randoms where I was top of the board for base XP on either team, so I'm done for now. Back to grinding Yamamoto now that I have Bill Halsey....

[H_]
Members
2,431 posts

We were just discussing this exercise in futility and because no one knows literally anything about progress; we just went back to playing COOP and Scenarios as if this never existed.   Talk about absolutely no quality....  Geeze.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
9 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

We were just discussing this exercise in futility and because no one knows literally anything about progress; we just went back to playing COOP and Scenarios as if this never existed.   Talk about absolutely no quality....  Geeze.

I didn't even sign up for it ... the way I read it you had to first get the XP for the primary objective point and then, if you won, you could get a point for the secondary objective.

I still don't understand what's so difficult about having a personal mission for these types of events ... they create the mission boxes all the time.

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLFC]
Members
616 posts
5,094 battles
4 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I still don't understand what's so difficult about having a personal mission for these types of events ... they create the mission boxes all the time.

I get the impression these types of events aren’t planned very far in advance. For example, this event seems to be in response to a recent (as in, earlier this week) CC video criticizing WG for neglecting lower tiers (the title of the original news article even made a clumsy reference to it, IIRC). Everything for these events is done server side, so it’s easier for WG to implement them on the fly. This and some other events are also sometimes restricted by region (this one is only EU and NA), so it’s also possible WG implements them in this way to keep the coding consistent across different servers.

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

I find it hard to believe they couldn't have someone write up a DB query to at least hourly allow someone to check their status.  This is pretty basic stuff to do overall.  Putting reporting into the game client could be an issue on short notice, but allowing a player that's logged into the site to see their status is pretty basic stuff. 

Edited by NoSoMo

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
16 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Does a win count if you don't clear the bar of 750 base XP?  Because if not, it is going to take a pretty solid Co-op game to score any team points.

The way the rules state that the primary goal is 750 base XP and the secondary goal is to win, I kind of doubt Co-op mains have much chance.

The BaseXP requirement isn't necessary for the win to count.  From WG EU (EU & NA are the only ones running this event):

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/119774-enlist-inside-and-win-premium-ships-%E2%80%93-battle-of-the-philippine-sea/?tab=comments#comment-3045570

And the post that made me aware of this info.

19 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

20190622_163929.thumb.jpg.cf9d924917b89f07a7d0930aac6e11d4.jpg

Related image

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1