You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EpsilonK

Georgia Max Dispersion

26 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
904 battles

Quick question, my maximum dispersion on the Georgia is 217m but my clan mates have 193m. We have the same upgrades, and captain points.

Why do they have a lower maximum dispersion?

Members
724 posts
4,034 battles

You don't have the same upgrades. 192M is with Arty Plotting Room Mod 2 in slot 6. You're probably running reload there.

[SSBN]
Members
119 posts
4,689 battles

Short/simple answer, you're missing something while comparing, you don't have the same of everything.

[AR]
Members
360 posts
15,056 battles

You are using Artillery plotting mod 1 and the Artillery plotting mod 2 upgrades. While they are just using Artillery plotting mod 2 upgrade.

• Cool 2

Members
14 posts
904 battles

They took off all flags, camos, and a zero point captain. We have the same upgrades, and consumables.

That works if they remove everything, and I still have mine.

Members
724 posts
4,034 battles
1 minute ago, EpsilonK said:

Nope, I have Art Mod 2 in slot 6.

Its either that or your stat card is bugged. Try unequipping and reequipping but that's the only thing that can reduce dispersion that much. 216m is stock. 

Members
724 posts
4,034 battles
5 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

You are using Artillery plotting mod 1 and the Artillery plotting mod 2 upgrades. While they are just using Artillery plotting mod 2 upgrade.

mod 1 only effects secondary dispersion. 

-edit. derp the range increase. You're right

Edited by ksix

[NMKJT]
Members
2,109 posts
5,929 battles

Aiser- Using Art Mod 1 increases main's max dispersion?

Whenever you increase range, max dispersion will go up because all guns get less accurate the farther they fire.

Members
14 posts
904 battles

I confirmed, my clan mates don't have art mod 1 ... maybe that's why.

• Cool 2

Members
14 posts
904 battles
4 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Whenever you increase range, max dispersion will go up because all guns get less accurate the farther they fire.

Yes, but the upgrade indicates it only affects secondary stats.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,388 posts
2,982 battles
2 minutes ago, EpsilonK said:

I confirmed, my clan mates don't have art mod 1 ... maybe that's why.

That's definitely why. Dispersion increases with range, so if you have a greater max range, then you have greater dispersion. You have the same dispersion at their max range (193 m), but then as your range increases further, so does your dispersion.

The real question is why are you running Art Mod 1? If you regularly are in a position where you need to be taking shots beyond 20 km you're doing something wrong. Especially as SBM1 is a good option for the GA.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,109 posts
5,929 battles

Yes, WG never tells you that's what happens when you increase range. But it happens with pretty much every gun in the game.

[AR]
Members
360 posts
15,056 battles
Just now, EpsilonK said:

The more range, the more dispersion. When you input art plot mod 2 without mod 1, the 194 dispersion will give 20km range the dispersion of say 18/17km IDK.. You can play with these stats here. https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASB729&modules=1111&upgrades=004004&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&lang=en

Members
724 posts
4,034 battles
6 minutes ago, EpsilonK said:

Max dispersion is at a given range. If you increase range, either by mod or commander skill, your max dispersion also goes up. Since your ship has a max range of 23km your dispersion is around 245m which is then reduced to ~217 with the mod. If the stat card listed dispersions in increments you'd see that at 20km your dispersions are roughly identical.

Edited by ksix

[WOLF5]
Members
2,388 posts
2,982 battles
1 minute ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Yes, WG never tells you that's what happens when you increase range. But it happens with pretty much every gun in the game.

The dispersion at the former max range is unchanged. But the new max range has a new max dispersion which is greater than the old dispersion.

For example, the dispersion is always 193 m at 20 km. But if the max range is now 23 km, then the dispersion there is 217 m. Where you're measuring changes, not the dispersion pattern itself.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,109 posts
5,929 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

The dispersion at the former max range is unchanged. But the new max range has a new max dispersion which is greater than the old dispersion.

For example, the dispersion is always 193 m at 20 km. But if the max range is now 23 km, then the dispersion there is 217 m. Where you're measuring changes, not the dispersion pattern itself.

Exactly. It simply adds a new, further, wider section to the same dispersion cone, on the same formula that the rest of the model plays out to.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

Members
14 posts
904 battles

Okay. That was it. My maximum dispersion is 193m now after changing from Art Mod 1.

Members
14 posts
904 battles
39 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

My question is why aren't you using SBM1? GA is Mass on serious awesome drugs.

I am now ha.. I need AFT though.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,109 posts
5,929 battles
5 minutes ago, EpsilonK said:

I am now ha.. I need AFT though.

If you still want some main gun range, you could try the spotter plane. Usually 20km is enough, in really static matches you will get some moments where you want extra range for a few salvos cause some people are being very lazy in the backline.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts

this was answered for you, with math provided, within the games qna chat channel.

Members
14 posts
904 battles
1 minute ago, Dareios said:

this was answered for you, with math provided, within the games qna chat channel.

I asked in the chat channel no one replied. I then came to the forums. I tried to troubleshoot first.

I need AFT to extend secondary firing range.