Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Man...

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles

I normally don't get too down about weekend team play but this game was particularly painful loss.

shot-19.06.22_15.28.08-0967.jpg

shot-19.06.22_15.28.13-0941.jpg

shot-19.06.22_15.28.18-0741.jpg

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[SALVO]
Members
21,689 posts
21,998 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Looks downright terrible.

Yeah, sucks that he had a (Le) Terrible game.  :Smile_hiding:

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Yeah, sucks that he had a (Le) Terrible game.  :Smile_hiding:

2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Looks downright terrible.

I need to wait for the full French DD release so they can be...fantastique

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,677 posts
3,550 battles

The puns here are absolut-Le Terrible

[WOLF5]
Members
2,379 posts
2,977 battles

How the heck does one only get 44 XP on the winning team? Not 0 for AFK, but 44 takes skill.

[SALVO]
Members
21,689 posts
21,998 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

How the heck does one only get 44 XP on the winning team? Not 0 for AFK, but 44 takes skill.

Getting dev struck super early in the battle.

Being AFK, but having your AA engage some planes or having your secondaries do a little bit of damage, maybe spot something.

[STURM]
Members
494 posts
4,226 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Whats terrible about the pic is... Only 3 floods in 10 torp hits..

Judging from the damage numbers, he probably dumped a ton of torps into the CV, who's auto damage control activated after the first one.

And then he died, the end.

Either that, or he got really, really bad luck, considering those torps have pretty good flooding chance.

I'd even go as far as to say he had...Terrible luck.:Smile_trollface:

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles
9 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

considering those torps have pretty good flooding chance.

Um I have to disagree with the ^^^ above narrative. Flood to torp hit ratio was nerfed during the nerfs of 0.8.0.1 to 0.8.2

It use to be 1 flood to 2 torp hits... Now good luck in getting a flood (as the OP pic and others have posted)...

[STURM]
Members
494 posts
4,226 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Um I have to disagree with the ^^^ above narrative. Flood to torp hit ratio was nerfed during the nerfs of 0.8.0.1 to 0.8.2

It use to be 1 flood to 2 torp hits... Now good luck in getting a flood (as the OP pic and others have posted)...

Sorry, man, but while flooding damage got nerfed to the ground, flooding chance didn't change.

And even if it did, Le Terrible's torps have a 311% flooding chance, and that's actually pretty good. Good enough that 10 torps in a top tier game should have more than 3 floods...

Unless the OP damage control party of a CV causes many of them to do a single flood at most.

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles
13 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

but while flooding damage got nerfed to the ground, flooding chance didn't change.

You might wan to double check.... Flood to torp hit ratio did get nerfed...

[STURM]
Members
494 posts
4,226 battles
39 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You might wan to double check.... Flood to torp hit ratio did get nerfed...

Got a source you want to link? Because nothing in the patch notes from 8.1(where the flooding changes happened) to now mentions a nerf to flooding chance.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Changelogs_for_World_of_Warships

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles
6 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

Got a source you want to link? Because nothing in the patch notes from 8.1(where the flooding changes happened) to now mentions a nerf to flooding chance.

• Reduced the chance of flooding by approximately a third for the Japanese aerial torpedoes in Tiers TV-VIII, and by half for German (Tier VIII) and Japanese (Tier X) aerial torpedoes.

Flooding

Previously, a case of flooding afflicting a ship at a time when the Damage Control Party consumable was not immediately available, meant that the chances of her sinking or receiving serious damage were very high.

With the updated mechanics, we have reduced the duration of flooding and the damage an instance can cause. However, a ship can now be afflicted by two floods simultaneously. These can occur at each of the aft- and fore-ends of the ship, the dividing border of which is right in the middle of the ship. However, a ship can't be afflicted by more than one flood simultaneously at a single end.

Flooding reduces a ship's propulsion power capacity, which in turn significantly affects her maneuverability, making the ship a vulnerable target for enemies. With the new Update, the penalty against afflicted ships’ propulsion power gets increased, which, along with other changes to the mechanics, makes flooding no less dangerous than before.

As a result, instances of flooding will be less painful for newcomers and allow more experienced players to manage their ships' HP more efficiently, providing them with more opportunities to make a counter play.

Now players will be less cautious, and won’t be so conservative about their use of the Damage Control Party consumable. Overall this will lead to an increase, rather than a reduction, in the average damage being caused by flooding.

More details about changes to the interface, as well as to the mechanics for flooding and the Surveillance Radar consumable, can be found in a dedicated article.

The above is what I gripe about... 0.8.1 was the worst one of all, I can all the anti-torp changes that has plague the game since 2017...

But all in all the above noted is what reduced the flood to torp hit ratio of 2 torp hit to 1 flood to what the OP posted... In other words, there is no way in the current patch was the OP going to get anymore floods.

In 0.8.0, for 10 torp hit, easy 5 floods. With DMG of 398,231k for the game... That is a HUGE nerf...

[STURM]
Members
494 posts
4,226 battles
31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

• Reduced the chance of flooding by approximately a third for the Japanese aerial torpedoes in Tiers TV-VIII, and by half for German (Tier VIII) and Japanese (Tier X) aerial torpedoes.

Flooding

Previously, a case of flooding afflicting a ship at a time when the Damage Control Party consumable was not immediately available, meant that the chances of her sinking or receiving serious damage were very high.

With the updated mechanics, we have reduced the duration of flooding and the damage an instance can cause. However, a ship can now be afflicted by two floods simultaneously. These can occur at each of the aft- and fore-ends of the ship, the dividing border of which is right in the middle of the ship. However, a ship can't be afflicted by more than one flood simultaneously at a single end.

Flooding reduces a ship's propulsion power capacity, which in turn significantly affects her maneuverability, making the ship a vulnerable target for enemies. With the new Update, the penalty against afflicted ships’ propulsion power gets increased, which, along with other changes to the mechanics, makes flooding no less dangerous than before.

As a result, instances of flooding will be less painful for newcomers and allow more experienced players to manage their ships' HP more efficiently, providing them with more opportunities to make a counter play.

Now players will be less cautious, and won’t be so conservative about their use of the Damage Control Party consumable. Overall this will lead to an increase, rather than a reduction, in the average damage being caused by flooding.

More details about changes to the interface, as well as to the mechanics for flooding and the Surveillance Radar consumable, can be found in a dedicated article.

The above is what I gripe about... 0.8.1 was the worst one of all, I can all the anti-torp changes that has plague the game since 2017...

But all in all the above noted is what reduced the flood to torp hit ratio of 2 torp hit to 1 flood to what the OP posted... In other words, there is no way in the current patch was the OP going to get anymore floods.

In 0.8.0, for 10 torp hit, easy 5 floods. With DMG of 398,231k for the game... That is a HUGE nerf...

Please explain to me how a nerf to the flooding chance of Japanese and German carrier torpedoes affected this French destroyer. And after you do that, you can explain how a nerf to four ships was a universal change. And as for the rest of your post...

If you want to complain about what they did to flooding damage, go ahead. In fact, I'll probably join you. It is my second most hated change ever, right after the spotting "bug fix" that is getting reversed soon. I've ranted quite a bit about it on my clan discord.

But if you want to complain about a global nerf to flooding chance, count me out, since I try only to complain about thing that exist. Read your whole post from 8.1 again, and tell me where it mentions cutting down flood chance instead of damage. 

If you want additional torp hits to a section to reset the flood timer, that's an actual thing, but it's litterally complaining about a lack of ribbon and maybe one extra damage tick most of the time. It dosn't address the fact that flooding is now useless for how hard it is to inflict.

WG's terrible communication might be the biggest problem facing the game right now, but stuff like this, where players complain for the sake of complaining and don't care if thier complaints have any basis in fact, this is a close second.

After all, why should they listen to players when many of them are flat out inventing fake problems?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
5,009 posts
15,584 battles
19 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

After all, why should they listen to players when many of them are flat out inventing fake problems?

Danm it Jim I am a player not a WG DEV.... I'll repost the blue part again :Smile_facepalm:. IF you dont understand how the flood nerf affected dmg... I can try find the forum post states by how much.

19 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

As to the how, I am not a WOWS DEV... I am saying what the OP posted results would have been higher IF it was 0.8.0 ... How? Simple math equation.

Total DMG in current patch *1.7 = total dmg modifier + Total DMG in current patch = Total DMG in 0.8.0

Not to mention you can only get 2 floods not 4.

Edited by Navalpride33

[STURM]
Members
494 posts
4,226 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

As to the how, I am not a WOWS DEV... I am saying what the OP posted results would have been higher IF it was 0.8.0 ... How? Simple math equation.

Total DMG in current patch *1.7 = total dmg modifier + Total DMG in current patch = Total DMG in 0.8.0

Not to mention you can only get 2 floods not 4.

Quit trying to change the goal posts. I never said he would have gotten more damage after 8.1. That's just blatantly untrue, considering that before 8.1 a single flood would do .667% per second, and now two floods (almost impossible to get) only do .5% per second to everything but Battleships. 

You were the one that was talking about the number of floods, not the damage, remeber? 

You said:

5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Whats terrible about the pic is... Only 3 floods in 10 torp hits..

You never mentioned damage in your first three posts, so stop acting like that was your point all along.

Oh, BTW, you could never get more than a single flood before 8.1. You could get multiple ribbons, but that would just reset the timer.

Don't believe me? Here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Torpedoes

While the flooding page was updated, the flooding section in the torpedo page was not, so it is talking about pre 8.1. And what does it say?

"Flooding can only occur in one place, unlike fires. Additional floods caused will simply reset the timer."

There you go.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, Muninn77 said:

Judging from the damage numbers, he probably dumped a ton of torps into the CV, who's auto damage control activated after the first one.

And then he died, the end.

Either that, or he got really, really bad luck, considering those torps have pretty good flooding chance.

I'd even go as far as to say he had...Terrible luck.:Smile_trollface:

It was just bad luck.

I actually only had one set of torps ready when I ran into CV, so three hits which wasn't bad. I had just dumped tops at a New Mex (some of which hit) when I decided I'd had enough of the CV, turned on speed boost and headed to his last local. I turned the corner around an island... and there he was less than 2km away! No wonder he was hounding me, he was doing that thing CVs sometimes do where they slam into a mountain range in order to get as close as possible. Anyway after the torps I used main battery reload on him to finish the job.

Don't know if that's enlightening about the flood chance but I also got a few torps into a Nuremberg (which totally felt like a waste) and even got some flooding in on him for a while. Anyway I finally had a good victorious game in her today and the flooding results were better.

shot-19.06.25_01.15.33-0765.jpg

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

Sign in to follow this